General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Man spanish translations are always so bad. In SMTV a Robotic Samurai god calling the protagonist "Young man" gets translated as if he is calling him "Sport" or "Kid", instead of it being "Muchacho" or "Joven" or "Joven Maestro" I don't fucking know, they go for "Chaval", which makes me giggle so much, if they translated it in Mexico he would be calling him "Carnalito" and in Argentina "Pibe!". Why do they keep making the whole of Latin America have to conform with the Euro Spanish translation?

Agreed! This looks very good though in my opinion so I'm a bit excited even though the game runs on twisted lore.

Perhaps I will check it out when it is on sale.

For now I still have Red Alert 3 and its expansion to finish.
After that I would like to play Homeworld Cataclysm/Emergence again, and perhaps the original Homeworld.
And next year Homeworld 3 will also be released.

Perhaps I will check it out when it is on sale.

For now I still have Red Alert 3 and its expansion to finish.
After that I would like to play Homeworld Cataclysm/Emergence again, and perhaps the original Homeworld.
And next year Homeworld 3 will also be released.

How are you liking it so far?

I remember that the story gets a bit more interesting after you have completed the Allies campaign and are playing the Empire of the Rising sun. I would also like to hear your opinion!

It has been years since I played it, my machine just can not run it properly.
But I remember that during the intro on the station there was an issue with collision detection, and objects and people literally going through each other.
Have those issues been fixed?

One thing that killed some of my interest are the micro transactions. Is that also still there?

Station looked fine. Fixed something to see if it'll work. Dunno about the micros.

No, you should stop playing Total War games after Medieval 2.

Ok this Wasteland 2 LP I might do on Ranger since I want to actually beat it otherwise I would need at least 10 reloads on Supreme Jerk and still everyone would likely die.

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17009

Looking forward to using this practically unheard of mod that fixes most of the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried getting into Disco ELysium but I just can't. I get that they were trying to like make the failure state not be dependant on combat but if I die because I try to force a door open twice I just end up doing one of two things, roll my eyes at having to get back to the dialogue point I died at or play the game like a VN because I know that any attempt at playing it by ear and try crazy things is gonna result in me dying immediately. Also they need to learn that purple prose isn't the same as being poetic, contrary to what reddit tells you "More word =/= More good". Some times yo ucan just tell me I am looking at an old woman on a wheelchair or that an engine started up.

I tried getting into Disco ELysium but I just can't. I get that they were trying to like make the failure state not be dependant on combat but if I die because I try to force a door open twice I just end up doing one of two things, roll my eyes at having to get back to the dialogue point I died at or play the game like a VN because I know that any attempt at playing it by ear and try crazy things is gonna result in me dying immediately. Also they need to learn that purple prose isn't the same as being poetic, contrary to what reddit tells you "More word =/= More good". Some times yo ucan just tell me I am looking at an old woman on a wheelchair or that an engine started up.
I never simply died by trying something even if I wasn't meant to do it. Do you only have 1 mental and physical HP? That's a bit confusing. If a game presented an option to me, it felt like the odds of me doing were against me due to my build/stats not because "they didn't want me to." I even checked on the one occurrence this happened to me. I couldn't kick down a door to get through it and had to find another way in. Turns out people with higher physicality stats were doing it often (Always the dice roll of course).

I get the wordiness can get a bit annoying though but I guess the idea was to try to get you invested into the world.

I am being hyperbolic with the dying immediately, but my point is that there would be points where I would be in long segments of dialogue where I was presented with checks for things I couldn't do at all so I was just continuosly clicking and doing nothing because I didn't want to have to reload, and while dying to a dialogue option had charm at first it became kind of annoying when I died from really stupid shit in dialogue, specially when the previous thing I did to get points docked was get rejected on the phone. For example that convo with the kid that calls you a pedo became a complete dead end because I tried clicking on different options and I just kinda seem to be on the build where if I talk to that child I am just on the path for a game over with no other options. And while I get the appeal of it... I just can't get invested into it. I won't say people who like it are wrong, but I am not into it at all and everytime I played it I felt like I was forcing myself to try and like it.

I tried to make myself like Warframe. The gameplay was really good and progression was rewarding. Armors were also a nice goal to work towards and could make you faster in combat instead of just a damage sponge. Best way to play is as a glass canon. Low health but really high damage.

The missions and story felt like moving from one spawn point to the next. No exploration or anything. Died out for me eventually.

I am being hyperbolic with the dying immediately, but my point is that there would be points where I would be in long segments of dialogue where I was presented with checks for things I couldn't do at all so I was just continuosly clicking and doing nothing because I didn't want to have to reload, and while dying to a dialogue option had charm at first it became kind of annoying when I died from really stupid shit in dialogue, specially when the previous thing I did to get points docked was get rejected on the phone. For example that convo with the kid that calls you a pedo became a complete dead end because I tried clicking on different options and I just kinda seem to be on the build where if I talk to that child I am just on the path for a game over with no other options. And while I get the appeal of it... I just can't get invested into it. I won't say people who like it are wrong, but I am not into it at all and everytime I played it I felt like I was forcing myself to try and like it.
It's overrated and the starting city is it. There is no more game. LOL! I like it but all the hype killed it for me.

Just Finished Halo Infinite, It was a fun game, really loved the gunplay, nice story and good and interesting characters, satisfying combat, the Art style are closer to Bungie's art style, really good ai imo, it feels more Halo than 4, and 5 and really fun multiplayer.

As for the cons, some parts of the story makes no fucking sense, unsatisfying ending that left me with more questions than answers, some characters were kind of a meh, quite a lot of important bits of the story is explained by missable audio log, boring open world and shitty collectibles, lack of biomes, repetitive as fuck side quests (thankfully the fun gameplay made me forget the repetitiveness) 22 weapons where previous games had quite a lot of weapons, no restart from the last checkpoint and you have to kill yourself to go back to the previous checkpoint, bad optimization (graphics are nice, but it runs terribly) shitty microtransaction, not-so-good customization and it lacks playlist.

Despite the shit load of issues the game has, it's still a fun game. Mostly thanks to its gameplay aspect.

Also I managed to find a few things on GOG that fit the bill. I got:
A Hat In Time
Destroy All Humans!
Kao The Kangaroo Trilogy
New Super Lucky's Tale

So 6 games that hopefully will end up fitting the bill. Currently playing Destroy All Humans which is pretty fun.

[edit]

Doubt I'll ever get Psychonauts 2 though. The new interns(fellow campers-equivalent) are a bunch of little shits who bully Raz and Raz just takes it which completely contradicts his character as when he fought the big bad in lungfish city he wasn't intimidated by him and instead started to smacktalk him and do kungfu moves right back at him. And from what I've read these characters never get a proper story to warm up Raz and just shows up near the end as friends which means that there is a serious hole in the story of character development and so yeah, I'm not interested in seeing Raz get bullied by a bunch of cunts who then does a 180 at the end.

Last edited:

Enemies are a little too fast and have no attack animations. Some of the tracks feel out of place. Not great, not terrible.

Ok Supreme Jerk difficulty in Wasteland 2 is unbalanced as fuck. If anybody wants a challenge on this game just do Ranger. RNG is not worth doing Iron Man like this.

Basically don't roleplay on Supreme Jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back