Heavy Rain: What has been Watched can not be Unwatched

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Brother None, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    Except for the games that aren't sequels.

And are good.

What about sequel games that ARE good?

And what about the crapload of games that are probably better than this one?

You PS3 suckas can play that. I'll just replay the much superior Penumbra "adventure" games.

2. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Nov 1, 2008
    And there are parts where you have great affect on your overall survival. In the garage fight scene where you are playing the detective I watched a Dev diary and during the fight he made a comment during every moment it was possible to die and there was a couple dozen different individual deaths that could have happened to that particular character in just that one event.

3. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Sure, I'd imagine that it's possible to die in some situations but not in every one.

From the Destructoid review:

4. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009

Bahahahaha! So essentially this is both the stupidist and the easiest game ever made. Ahhhh....consoles...the definition of dumbed down.

5. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Nov 1, 2008
    What a shame that it is where all the money is at so much more manpower and money will keep getting pumped into it over snubbed PC games that sacrifice features for the console versions.

I loves my PS3. :D

6. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    What features? You mean the game playing itself for you? Way ahead of you there, buddy, we have that one on PC, too - except we call it "YouTube speedrun" and we don't even need to own the game to use it.

EDIT: Breaking news, Tim Buckley actually made a funny comic:

7. Hoxie

Hoxie King Queer oTO Orderite

May 19, 2008
    At least Penumbra doesn't cost $65 or however much as well.

8. Starseeker

Starseeker Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 25, 2003
    SAY WHAT??

You are looking forward to another rehash of the same platform game they've been making for the last 20 yrs?

:shock:

And Sega totally > NES.

Anyway, as for Heavy Rain, I am kinda disappointed, since this might just fuel more fire for the "We don't need writing in games" camp.

9. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    I bought the three games together in a box for $9.99, relatively recently.

10. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Word.

I'm still saving up to buy a Dreamcast.

Yeah, that much has become obvious if from nothing else than you being the only one here not seeing how idiotic this "game" is.

Holy shit. And it's even about games, rather than spontaneous abortion. I'm impressed.

11. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    Since the last pure mario platformer I played was...Super Mario World? It drew me in, because one of my favourite child hood games was Super Mario Bros. 3. And it's similar to that (unlike all the games that followed. Mario RPG? What the hell?), but, you know, different.

NES, super awesome entertainment system with some impossible games > Sega, the rehash of every game that came before it but with "new".

Wait, so since Heavy Rain is apparently crap, how is it revolutionary? Since it apparently doesn't do anything that we were led to believe.

12. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 9, 2008
    I thought the comic peaked with the 20 back-to-back imaginary action-wedding with mobsters comics, or possibly the never ending x-box robot episodes. Or not.

13. Ratty Sr.

Apr 23, 2003
    Actually this panel marks the moment when CAD started going downhill:

14. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    I can't believe there are still people that read CAD.

15. Ratty Sr.

Apr 23, 2003
    Fixed.

Also, it's been a long time since I've read CAD on anything resembling a regular basis, though I still drop by when the mood strikes me. Mostly to check out the "sillies", which are amusing on occasion - more amusing than regular CAD ever was, in fact.

16. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    If this "game" would cost about 4-5 bucks and has a better "plot", scenario and better writing I'd give it a try. But this "product" here is really bullshit...

17. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    *Is reading the topic minding his own business when*

WARRNING! WARRNING!

IDIOTIC QUOTE APPROACHING!

Hmm...Close one. Good thing TheGM is here to fix this quote with TRUTH!

Yes just simple Truth.

See with Truth Stupid statements look...well less stupid. Even if you are an Elites asshole try to use some Truth to have your opinion taken into consideration.

Until Next Time.

GM AWAY!

*walks away*

18. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    Well, since the game in question is a PS3 exclusive. That doesn't really work. And i'm not an elitist asshole. I enjoy playing some shitty games myself on the almost completely shitty Wii. Sometimes dumbed down games are great. Especially during and/or after ingesting vasts amounts of alcohol. However, when it comes to a game that is both praised and being promoted as this revolutionary and completely original gameplay experience and is actually just a dumbed down piece of crap that is completely unoriginal.

Hmmm...I don't understand how I win idiot of the day. God forbid a console game suck ass, contrary to the hype.

19. Black

Black Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 21, 2007
    And Sony blacklisted the French N4G because they dared to give their precious heavy hype 6/10. Seems those poor fucks have forgotten that game scores are 8-10, not 1-10!
    http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-470886.aspx
    As the result, "important" sites like gamecritics won't take N4G's score into consideration.
    Man, it's hard to make a bad game nowadays.

20. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Think of it as less of an attack on you and more of sales pitch for the wonderful product called

TRUTH tm

Now see you are confusing simple fun games for stupid shitty games. This is a Stupid Shitty caca poo game for dummies masqrading around as the FUTURE!

And just remember the PC has been pulling this bull shit for decades.