Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

Tried, I don't think it's worth it in current stage of development. The menu below stays small and the inventory screen does as well, I have eyesight problems and can barely read anything :(

Re: Compatible

Pacifist said:
The Fallout 1 High Resolution is not compatible with the latest TeamX's patch & NPC mod. :cry:
It works well with TeamX's unofficial patches, since they're all based on 1.2 semi-official exe (so does the NPC mod). At least I've installed FO1 + 1.3.3 patch + high-res patch on my desktop, laptop, and my friend's laptop, and it works pretty well in all different spec/environments.

Probably you just don't install it right or your computer's problem. :?

Re: Compatible

NovaRain said:
Pacifist said:
The Fallout 1 High Resolution is not compatible with the latest TeamX's patch & NPC mod. :cry:
It works well with TeamX's unofficial patches, since they're all based on 1.2 semi-official exe (so does the NPC mod). At least I've installed FO1 + 1.3.3 patch + high-res patch on my desktop, laptop, and my friend's laptop, and it works pretty well in all different spec/environments.

Probably you just don't install it right or your computer's problem. :?

Actually, I have some problems in combining the 4 TeamX's patches & mods in the first place, before the 5th (high res).

All three of my high resolution patches have been updated.
Check the first post of this topic for details. :)

Hi!
I was wondering if there is a manual way to install the patch instead of an .exe because i am trying to use it under linux(opensuse 11 x86_64). Apparently the .exe uses a file named msvcp60.dll which doesn't work so installation fails.

The version running is 1.02 with the unofficial patch and running perfectly fine. It would be nice if i could see high resolution too ;).

BabisSougias said:
Hi!
I was wondering if there is a manual way to install the patch instead of an .exe because i am trying to use it under linux(opensuse 11 x86_64). Apparently the .exe uses a file named msvcp60.dll which doesn't work so installation fails.

The version running is 1.02 with the unofficial patch and running perfectly fine. It would be nice if i could see high resolution too ;).
The f2_res.dll will also require Visual C++ 6.0 libs. I'm fairly certain that these can be installed under wine though.

To Demonslayer,
I just posted a link to a few Screen Shots at the bottom of the first post of this topic.

Pacifist said:
Is the Fallout 1 patch compatible with the latest 1.3.4 patch & 1.3.4 NPC mod?
It should be as they still use the same exe.

just an update:

It's been called to my attention by NovaRain that centre on player using the Home key no longer works. I wasn't even aware you could do that but I'll try to bring it back in a later release.

I made a mistake in my latest Mapper2 patch 1.1. I setup a city limits fix in the res_m2.ini file for personal use while I was testing it and forgot to remove it when I was done. The patch will still work but you'll probably get an annoying "Memory Mismatch" error when you use it. At any rate I've uploaded a new version of the Mapper2 patch and will post a link when it becomes available.

I just installed this patch together with the sfall patch.

I'm on XP Home and my desktop resolution is 1152x864, thats also what I have set it in the ddraw.ini along with Mode 4.

Now in dx9 mode the game really gets slowed down a bunch while in 8bit Fullscreen it runs perfectly smooth.

I'm wondering if that is because of my rather slow machine or some problem. (1.8 GHz, Radeon9550, 512 SDRam)

Pahricida said:
I just installed this patch together with the sfall patch.

I'm on XP Home and my desktop resolution is 1152x864, thats also what I have set it in the ddraw.ini along with Mode 4.

Now in dx9 mode the game really gets slowed down a bunch while in 8bit Fullscreen it runs perfectly smooth.

I'm wondering if that is because of my rather slow machine or some problem. (1.8 GHz, Radeon9550, 512 SDRam)

Both increasing the res and using the dx9 modes will ask more from your machine. I have a fairly up to date system and still get a bit of slowdown when scrolling. If you really want the dx9 mode the only thing I can suggest is to lower the res a bit.

Mash said:
Both increasing the res and using the dx9 modes will ask more from your machine. I have a fairly up to date system and still get a bit of slowdown when scrolling. If you really want the dx9 mode the only thing I can suggest is to lower the res a bit.
I've tried to speed dx9 mode up as much as I could in sfall 1.31, so hopefully that should help you out a bit. I never bothered before because at 640x480 it wasn't really needed. (I had 126 fps, for example.)

Increases should be 50% or more. At 640x480 I went from 126 to 210, and at 1024x768 from 46 to 72.

Timeslip, the new version works well. Scrolling is noticeably smoother. :)

A new version of the Mapper2 hi-res patch is available for download.
It fixes a small mistake I made in the 1.1 version. The links in my sig and in the first post have been updated to the new version 1.1a.

Back