Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

pixel shaders

Hi,

according to http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Shaders
i saw i can even further improve graphics, so i tried the guide and downloaded global.fxm,but alas it doesn't work.
Acually nothing happens its same graphics as before (see example screenshots of this at above link).

Any takers?

Would be jubilant if any fallout guru could assist here indeed!!

Also fallout1 dont like this at all, it cannot run at all, but this is not my concern here only fallout2 for now :)

Cheers!

Mash said:
Karmashock said:
I'm using version 1.2 of the restoration project. When I used the latest version of sfall it gave me an error.

Is the latest version compatible with the restoration project?
It should be, but there are several settings that are changed from the defaults in the ddraw.ini file that came with the Restoration Project. You need to transfer them to the new version you downloaded. At any rate here are the changed settings , they are found in the [Misc] section.
Code:
WorldMapFPS=30
WorldMapEncounterRate=30
WorldMapSlots=21

VersionString=FALLOUT II 1.02.25  RP 1.2

DialogueFix=1
CitiesLimitFix=1

OverrideArtCacheSize=1

You will get an error on Game start if you don't at leased have the CitiesLimitFix enabled.
Thank you, that allowed the sfall to work.

However, sfall didn't fix my problem. It's if anything slower then what the restoration patch was using by default.

I guess those shaders just aren't practical... or there's something wrong on my computer... I gave it a good try but it doesn't bother me that much. I'll run the game without shaders so I get full speed.

For kenshindono:
Sfall for fallout1 has not been updated for a while and when using it with the hi-res patch you should only use mode 0 or you will get some strange results. Scrolling when you enter the Rad Scorp. map can sometime be a little sticky, scrolling diagonally toward the upper right should fix this though.

Darek thanks for the saved games. I've been able to replicate the problem so I can now get on with fixing it. :)

hmm use the 0 option? thats the one where you have to manually set the values actually i think. not the set to desktop, wouldn't that cause more problems?

kenshindono said:
For kenshindono:
Sfall for fallout1 has not been updated for a while and when using it with the hi-res patch you should only use mode 0 or you will get some strange results. Scrolling when you enter the Rad Scorp. map can sometime be a little sticky, scrolling diagonally toward the upper right should fix this though.

Darek thanks for the saved games. I've been able to replicate the problem so I can now get on with fixing it. :)

hmm use the 0 option? thats the one where you have to manually set the values actually i think. not the set to desktop, wouldn't that cause more problems?

I probably could have worded that a little better. The reference to "Mode 0" was for the Sfall mod by Timeslip, if your not using Sfall then don't worry about it.
If your unable to scroll on entering a map try scrolling diagonally, by that I mean move the mouse to one of the corners. For the rad-scorpion cave map try the top right hand corner.
Hope that helped.

Hey Mash,

I have a quick question for ya. Sometimes throughout the game my screen will just go completely blank, but I can still hear the game running in the background. Im forced to do a ctrl-alt-delete and kill the game that way. Then I can go back into the game and resume playing. It usually happens after I set the timer on some dynamite and after it explodes.

I do quick-saves quite often, so it's not a huge deal. I just wondered if you have heard of this problem before. I have no idea if it is related to your high-res mod or not. Even if it was related, I wouldn't stop using your mod because it rocks. :mrgreen:

Phanz said:
I do quick-saves quite often, so it's not a huge deal. I just wondered if you have heard of this problem before. I have no idea if it is related to your high-res mod or not. Even if it was related, I wouldn't stop using your mod because it rocks. :mrgreen:
Speaking of Quick Saves - on my system, the preview image for Quick Saves (Fallout 2) is completely scrambled. On normal saves, I see a normal preview of the game screen. I haven't noticed if this bug still exists in 1.7 (I've gotten out of the habit of using them because of the bug), but it was in prior versions. Is this a known issue that affects everyone, or am I just special? :)

I'm running FO2 with Killap's restoration patch 1.2 in Windows XP, and using the high res patch manually set to 1024x768.

Phanz said:
Hey Mash,

I have a quick question for ya. Sometimes throughout the game my screen will just go completely blank, but I can still hear the game running in the background. Im forced to do a ctrl-alt-delete and kill the game that way. Then I can go back into the game and resume playing. It usually happens after I set the timer on some dynamite and after it explodes.

I don't think I've changed anything that would cause that. But I'll blow a few things up and see what happens.

kungfujoe said:
Speaking of Quick Saves - on my system, the preview image for Quick Saves (Fallout 2) is completely scrambled. On normal saves, I see a normal preview of the game screen. I haven't noticed if this bug still exists in 1.7 (I've gotten out of the habit of using them because of the bug), but it was in prior versions. Is this a known issue that affects everyone, or am I just special? :)

I'm running FO2 with Killap's restoration patch 1.2 in Windows XP, and using the high res patch manually set to 1024x768.
Thanks for the heads up, I don't use quick save so I never noticed. I'll fix it in the next release.

Mash said:
kungfujoe said:
Speaking of Quick Saves - on my system, the preview image for Quick Saves (Fallout 2) is completely scrambled. On normal saves, I see a normal preview of the game screen. I haven't noticed if this bug still exists in 1.7
Thanks for the heads up, I don't use quick save so I never noticed. I'll fix it in the next release.
Incidentally, to aid in testing, this never affects the first quick save (the one that brings up the save dialog and asks what slot I want to use). Only the following quick saves (the ones that are actually quick) that screw up the preview. Also, I did just confirm that it affects 1.7 on my system. If you can't reproduce it, let me know and I can send you an example savegame.

kungfujoe said:
Incidentally, to aid in testing, this never affects the first quick save (the one that brings up the save dialog and asks what slot I want to use). Only the following quick saves (the ones that are actually quick) that screw up the preview.
I think that's why I always missed it.
kungfujoe said:
Also, I did just confirm that it affects 1.7 on my system. If you can't reproduce it, let me know and I can send you an example savegame.
Thanks but I can see the problem, it should be easily fixed. :)

kungfujoe said:
]peaking of Quick Saves - on my system, the preview image for Quick Saves (Fallout 2) is completely scrambled. On normal saves, I see a normal preview of the game screen. I haven't noticed if this bug still exists in 1.7 (I've gotten out of the habit of using them because of the bug), but it was in prior versions. Is this a known issue that affects everyone, or am I just special? :)

I can confirm this. It happens to me as well.

Mash said:
I don't think I've changed anything that would cause that. But I'll blow a few things up and see what happens..

It happened tonight just as I hit quick-save. The screen went black and I had to force quit out of the game. Upon returning back to the game, I could not load the game I had tried to quick save. :(

Phanz said:
It happened tonight just as I hit quick-save. The screen went black and I had to force quit out of the game. Upon returning back to the game, I could not load the game I had tried to quick save. :(
Did you save after you had set the timer but before the explosion, then that is a big no no. It can lead to save game corruption.
Also, never leave the map you are on before the explosive goes off.
If you save your game and exit, then load your game, before you plant the explosives, it will never crash (or so it says on the fallout wikia).

To not waste your time here people (unless you come up with a fix), how exactly are these explosives crashes any different than the ones that have always happened in Fallout?
Maybe you could temporarily uninstall the resolution patch and play around with the dynamite, to see if there is any difference.

Darek said:
To not waste your time here people (unless you come up with a fix), how exactly are these explosives crashes any different than the ones that have always happened in Fallout?
Maybe you could temporarily uninstall the resolution patch and play around with the dynamite, to see if there is any difference.

I'm still new to Fallout.. I have never played the first one. I didn't know the explosions were so buggy, but that's good to know. I'll try the tips you mentioned.

My Fallout2 patch has been updated to Version 1.8. Mostly bug fixes, details can be found in the first post and you can grab the file from my sig.

I encountered a few problems with the NPC combat control screen when using widescreen resolutions.
Using version 1.7 with Killap's latest restoration patch.

• 1152x720: The best armour button doesn't work and triggers the custom combat disposition screen instead.

1440x900,
    1680x1050: The best armour button works, but the custom disposition button doesn't. You can trigger the disposition button if you click on the background left from the screen where the talking head is.
I apologize if this has already been covered and thanks in advance for any help. :)

101_north said:
I encountered a few problems with the NPC combat control screen when using widescreen resolutions.
Using version 1.7 with Killap's latest restoration patch.

• 1152x720: The best armour button doesn't work and triggers the custom combat disposition screen instead.

1440x900,
    1680x1050: The best armour button works, but the custom disposition button doesn't. You can trigger the disposition button if you click on the background left from the screen where the talking head is.
I apologize if this has already been covered and thanks in advance for any help. :)

I think I see the problem, the clickable area for the custom button was locked to the screen edges rather than the dialogue window border. I wonder if you wouldn't mind testing this code for me.

Code:
#CUSTOM COMBAT BUTTON MOUSE SELECTION RECTANGLE
0044964E	4	D6010000			DIALOG_Y+470	;BOTTOM
00449653	4	1C020000			DIALOG_X+540	;RIGHT
00449658	4	C3010000			DIALOG_Y+451	;TOP
0044965D	4	B9010000			DIALOG_X+441	;LEFT

If your running the US version put this code anywhere under the [OFFSETS] section of your "RES_US.ini" file found in "f2_res" folder.

101_north said:
Tested and works like a charm in all resolutions. Awesome, thanks a lot! :clap:

Good to hear :)
I'm sorting out the offsets for the other versions now and will update the patch as soon as I can. If you find any other problems like this let me know.

Hi.

Thank you for excellent Fallout 2 patch, however i've got following problem: i can't go back from New Reno 2nd street to New Reno Virgin. I can''t get/scroll to green exit grid.

I'm using 800x600 resolution, HiRes Patch v 1.8, Fallout Restoration Project 1.2, sfall 1.37. Green area is visible on 640x480 and 1024x768 resolution. Only 800x600 seems to have a problem.
Is there any way to fix this? I'm really used to 800x600 res ;)

EDIT While ago i tried HigRes 1.7 patch - no problem, green area is visible.

Re: Fallout2 High Resolution Patch

Hi. please where is your patch Hi Res 1.8 for Fallout 2. Download is not correct. Sorry for my inglish. Im from Czech republik.

Back