How did you discover Fallout ?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by PsychoSniper, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Feday Of Madness

Feday Of Madness Working Class Hero

Jun 7, 2022
    I got a gift from a friend and it was new Vegas on ps3, after 20 genocide runs I found the game quite enjoyable and actually played the story, then I heard of 1 and 2 and played those, downloaded tactics but never got around. Then fallout 4 came out and we all know how that turned out. But Vegas is the one that started it all. Ooohhh playing it on my crappy 2 gb ram pc with 1 gb graphics with a 22 gb hdd but man was it great. Its awesome being away from the Internet.

2. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars.

Jan 23, 2022
    Jeez and I thought my comp was a bit sad ;p. I replayed NV on tough mode and Blowflies would break my arm. I spent so much money on doctors bills it made me empathise with Americans.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    I got Fallout 3 around when it came out, liked it a lot during a dark time in my life, then got curious and poked around online. I found this site and gradually realized the classic games were better. I think I ended up trying 1 and 2 on and off in 2009/2010, and posting questions about them on this very forum, before they really clicked with me.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  4. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 First time out of the vault

Jul 5, 2022
    My cousin introduced Fallout 3 to me and my brother back in 2009, then my bro started playing it and then I got into playing the game around 2012. After Beating 3 I went on to play New Vegas and beat that game as well, then I got Fallout 4 on Launch Day beat that, was left dissatisfied and disappointed. Moved on to play FO1 and FO2 back in 2016, one of the best decisions I've ever made, and last but not least I played Fallout Tactics and beat it back in 2017.
    It's totally a far cry from the OG games, but I did enjoy the game for what it was! And yeah that's pretty much my journey going through each of the Fallout games in the series, now I MIGHT play BOS sometime as a joke and to see how it actually is, but don't count on this don't hold your breathe. And I'm definitely not going anywhere near 76, you'll have to kill me before I even have the thought to play it! :)
    So to quickly recap everything:
    I started out as a Bethesda Fallout Fanboy, got disillusioned with their crappy mediocre writing and game design, played the OG games and New Vegas to realize then what a REAL Fallout game is supposed to be, played a different but underrated (IMO) spin off game, and completely ignored two abominations in the franchise but might check one of them out for the memes! :lol:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  5. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    Fallout 76 is such an online-only, microtransaction-pushing grindfest I don't think I could be bothered to play it. I barely slogged through Fallout 4 as it was.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. PsychoSniper

PsychoSniper So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 27, 2003
    The funny thing is all the hate we gave tactics back in the day, but the Aussies that made it really tried.... unlike some newer installments...

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1