"Kid In The Fridge" Quest = the stupidest quest ever.

Who cares?! Also, why would you leave the town where you know its safe? Capital Wasteland is dangerous and Megaton is safe. Yes there is a (most likely Vault Tec) bomb, and my personal theory is that it was a ruse to get the people of Springvale and its surrounding into the Vault before the war started, hours probably, maybe days. But whatever. Its a game, its the crazy pulp world of fallout, it has crazy towns and unique locations. Bomb adds tiny bit of more lore, it creates the children of Atom. Why not leave it at that? its hardly game/story/lore breaking. There are worse things in fallout. Seriously some arguments here about the Bethesda lore are just childish nitpicks.

Long story short, they never tell us why the Bomb was in the hole in the first place,
The bomb was likely on the plane that crashed, and made the crater in the first place.
"When the war happened, the machines started dropping from the sky. Everyone around here thinks that the bomb made the crater, but it didn't."

On what do you base that likeliness? Absolutely nothing?

"The machines started dropping from the sky" does not mean "A plane crashed and caused the crater" by any stretch of the imagination.

"Everyone around here thinks the bomb made the crater, but it didn't" does not mean "A plane did".

All told, the fact that people would even think that, much less EVERYONE, is another glaring issue. Is everyone in Megaton and the surrounding area a complete numbskull and unable to tell that a bomb has not exploded by the fact that it is sitting there completely unscathed?

You can assume that all you want, but it does not make it LIKELY just because they neglected to actually write a reason for it, or care about the logical inconsistencies.

Funny, even the people on the wiki came to that conclusion
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Megaton
"The site of Megaton began as a gigantic crater left by a plane wreck that was carrying an atomic bomb."

That is also the whole point behind the Lone Wanderer's question of "There are a lot of parts here for just one machine."
-Manya says planes starting falling form the sky, and that the bomb didn't make the crater, implying "it was a plane crash that made the crater"
-The Lone wanderer then points out the city couldn't have been built with just one plane, which Manya responds to by saying they got pieces from a nearby airport.

Also, where the flying hells are you getting the idea that people think the bomb exploded? Manya says people think the bomb caused the crater, not that they think it caused the crater by exploding. You are aware its common knowledge that dropping shit from a really high place and cause the ground below it to get pushed out of the way, forming a small crater.

Jesus Christ man, how can you misunderstand so much basic dialogue?

So a conclusion thought up by some people on a wiki that anyone can edit and not based on irrefutable proof from in the game?
Most things from the games are not irrefutable proof, given that it comes from the mouth of people, who are flawed, and biased.

I was saying that is what the dialogue suggests, as well as the follow up question the Lone Wanderer makes, and that several other people can to the same conclusion.

Nothing more.

Oh he wants us to assume based on vague implication now.

You know, so he can continue his new routine of "I didn't imply that!" when someone responds to how stupid it is, and the trolling can just keep going on forever.

Apparently people on the wiki and box art both provide higher quality information than the content in the actual games.

Suggestions cannot be used to backup your claims if they are merely suggestions. Still not sure why they couldn't of used the super duper mart which is already a starting foundation they could've used instead of going all the way to some place for air plane parts. Before you say raiders, I doubt they were there the whole time but then again Fallout 3 and 4 are nothing more than theme parks so why question this illogical nonsense.

Suggestions cannot be used to backup your claims if they are merely suggestions. Still not sure why they couldn't of used the super duper mart which is already a starting foundation they could've used instead of going all the way to some place for air plane parts. Before you say raiders, I doubt they were there the whole time but then again Fallout 3 and 4 are nothing more than theme parks so why question this illogical nonsense.

Raiders. (FO1/FO2) Organised and well armed groups that had bases and were willing to trade or at least talk in some cases, when it suited their goals. There were small groups in the wastes, who while refused to be reasonable did at least have the pretence of power. Combat shotguns and flamers are real scary when you're level 5.

Raiders. (FO3) Mad Max style bondage gear psychos, who go around killing shit for no reason other then that they're raiders. They're gear is usually shit, and they seem to charge everyone they fucking meet with no complaint or fear. Their way of life makes little sense, as there is very little places to raid from, and most are protected.

Raiders. (FNV) A lot better, this goes back to the early game formula but even better, expanding the idea of diplomacy and even helping the various raider groups. Even the Fiends, copies of the above raiders can be talked to in a limited manner.

Raiders. (FO4) Ugh... here we go again with Fallout 3 style raiders.

Raiders. (FO1/FO2) Organised and well armed groups that had bases and were willing to trade or at least talk in some cases, when it suited their goals. There were small groups in the wastes, who while refused to be reasonable did at least have the pretence of power. Combat shotguns and flamers are real scary when you're level 5.

Raiders. (FO3) Mad Max style bondage gear psychos, who go around killing shit for no reason other then that they're raiders. They're gear is usually shit, and they seem to charge everyone they fucking meet with no complaint or fear. Their way of life makes little sense, as there is very little places to raid from, and most are protected.

Raiders. (FNV) A lot better, this goes back to the early game formula but even better, expanding the idea of diplomacy and even helping the various raider groups. Even the Fiends, copies of the above raiders can be talked to in a limited manner.

I was amazed when I discovered in FNV that you could not only interact with Motor-Runner and his gang, you can actually get an ending where they take over McCarran and lord over Outer Vegas. Instead of being "generic enemy 101", they have an actual stake in the future of the Mojave...

I was amazed when I discovered in FNV that you could not only interact with Motor-Runner and his gang, you can actually get an ending where they take over McCarran and lord over Outer Vegas. Instead of being "generic enemy 101", they have an actual stake in the future of the Mojave...

There's also cut content where you can speak to and get a quest from the other 3 Fiend bosses (Driver Nephi, Violette, Cook-Cook).

It is telling that in New Vegas, even the generic raider enemies were designed as an actual faction (even if it didn't make the cut) while not only are FO4's raiders mindless, the local mercenary gang also shoots everything in sight for no reason.

There's also cut content where you can speak to and get a quest from the other 3 Fiend bosses (Driver Nephi, Violette, Cook-Cook).

It is telling that in New Vegas, even the generic raider enemies were designed as an actual faction (even if it didn't make the cut) while not only are FO4's raiders mindless, the local mercenary gang also shoots everything in sight for no reason.

While that would have been cool, its only cut content.

Thats said, after reading up( cant play the game for more than 10 minutes anymore) on Raiders, I think we are all giving them a disservice. They are actually not a single raider gang, there are layers to their structure, there are some interesting potential plot threads which never went anywhere and finally there is the Combat Zone, which is a great illustration of raider culture. Although it seems that most of Combat Zone, and raider related stuff was cut. which is a shame.

I doubt that it was even really 4 years in the making. The last DLC for Skyrim was finished and released in 2012? I think? Not entierely sure. But my guess would be, 3 years of work. More or less. And some of that work was spend on upgrading their engine and other visual fluff I would assume. How much time to make a proper game? Who knows.

I doubt that it was even really 4 years in the making. The last DLC for Skyrim was finished and released in 2012? I think? Not entierely sure. But my guess would be, 3 years of work. More or less. And some of that work was spend on upgrading their engine and other visual fluff I would assume. How much time to make a proper game? Who knows.

It depends. Obsidian made NV in 18 months.

Well, and it shows I think. Who knows what they could have achieved with like 6 or even 12 months more development. Not to mention that Obsidian used an existing engine. They also have good writers, for the most part ;)

Heh, I know a great team can achieve a lot even in a short time. But, it needs the right people. But I don't think that it is a fair comparision for the most part, since Obsidian had to deal with a different situation, they made most probably the best of it though.

Well, and it shows I think. Who knows what they could have achieved with like 6 or even 12 months more development. Not to mention that Obsidian used an existing engine. They also have good writers, for the most part ;)

Heh, I know a great team can achieve a lot even in a short time. But, it needs the right people. But I don't think that it is a fair comparision for the most part, since Obsidian had to deal with a different situation, they made most probably the best of it though.

Obsidian did a fantastic job in comparison of their time and engine.

If they made one of my favorite RPGs of all time in EIGHTEEN months, I would kill to see what would emerge in 48...

If they made one of my favorite RPGs of all time in EIGHTEEN months, I would kill to see what would emerge in 48...

Something magic... I mean fucking fantastic.

I left this little fuck in the fridge when I passed by this time. Hope he can breathe in there. Haha.

Back