"Kid In The Fridge" Quest = the stupidest quest ever.

If Elder Scrolls follows a similar formula prepare for the hype train to derail so far off the track they have to pull it out of Todd Howard's ass to find it.

That sounds...pretty painful but true. So you're saying the hype train would fly so far off track that it would become lodged up Todd's ass? :lol:

Yep. Really though. People already call him a liar due to the BLAST PROCESSING type marketing they are know for. That is why they didn't hype Fallout 4 up until last minute, even then they skimped on certain details which we now know to be lacking, such as quests, story, dialog, etc.

I am curious how many of the people telling us to "just wait and see! They just don't want to shot that quality" actually feel different now. I mean, some are probably hopeless and lost for ever. But there must be at least some that thought, wait a min, this is shit, and mods can not fix that!

If Elder Scrolls follows a similar formula prepare for the hype train to derail so far off the track they have to pull it out of Todd Howard's ass to find it.

That sounds...pretty painful but true. So you're saying the hype train would fly so far off track that it would become lodged up Todd's ass? :lol:

Yep. Really though. People already call him a liar due to the BLAST PROCESSING type marketing they are know for. That is why they didn't hype Fallout 4 up until last minute, even then they skimped on certain details which we now know to be lacking, such as quests, story, dialog, etc.

I am curious how many of the people telling us to "just wait and see! They just don't want to shot that quality" actually feel different now. I mean, some are probably hopeless and lost for ever. But there must be at least some that thought, wait a min, this is shit, and mods can not fix that!
It really is astounding. I am almost finished with Mass Effect 3 (with all the DLC included) and while I do notice some areas where the game looks like it was rushed, or a few places where it's unpolished as though EA really did have a hand in making the game, it is nowhere near the level of disappointment I found with Fallout 4. Fallout 4 is just outright unfinished and it looks like it needs another year in development just to get close to looking like a finished product - and even then you can't fix the terrible writing and dialogue.

Another thing I noticed about Mass Effect 3's quests compared to Fallout 4: A lot of quests include dialogue explaining why the characters are doing what they are doing. The writers went out of their way to try to explain why things were needed and to create a coherent universe. The fact is the Mass Effect universe as explained via the Codex and in-game content is one of the most immersive worlds in the current era of video games. It might not be as good as some games from the past, but as far as its peers - Fallout 4 and Skyrim and other so-called RPGs, it's amazing.

Contrast this with "You're the Dragonborn because...well you're the Dragonborn" and "Not interested in discussing realism LULZ!" for Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Fallout makes a mockery of the detailed and unique world of Fallout, with no or limited explanations and quests that give you no real reason to do it just about in the game. Bad show.

Fallout makes a mockery of the detailed and unique world of Fallout, with no or limited explanations and quests that give you no real reason to do it just about in the game. Bad show.
You forgot stupid fanatics that can magically breathe in a rads filled crater. Rads still being there for 200+ years later because "lulz who cares when we have talking ghouls and mutants!".

You forgot stupid fanatics that can magically breathe in a rads filled crater. Rads still being there for 200+ years later because "lulz who cares when we have talking ghouls and mutants!".

Ah yes, don't forget that.

Well, I guess Fallout 4 writers are supposed to have fun, while Mass Effect writers actually have fun.
The entire "Citadel" DLC for Mass Effect 3 is proof of this. It's hilarious. The writers clearly had fun, and so did the fans. It was a DLC that brought back all the old characters and was funny and reasonably well-written considering what we have to compare it to (Fallout 4). And it did not retcon the whole f***ing series. I don't know why Beth doesn't understand how to do this. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, if I had to chose between Bethesda and Bioware, I would gladly give Fallout in Biowares hands. I mean we all know what it would look like, they could not deliver on a real Fallout sequel either. They would fill it with their typical tropes, hamfisted moral dilemas and cliche-writing ... But still, it would be a lot more enjoyable than what Beth did with F4. I mean Bioware CAN deliver some quality.

Well, I guess Fallout 4 writers are supposed to have fun, while Mass Effect writers actually have fun.
The entire "Citadel" DLC for Mass Effect 3 is proof of this. It's hilarious. The writers clearly had fun, and so did the fans. It was a DLC that brought back all the old characters and was funny and reasonably well-written considering what we have to compare it to (Fallout 4). And it did not retcon the whole f***ing series. I don't know why Beth doesn't understand how to do this. It's not rocket science.

I do love Bioware characters, and that dancing Vorcha is priceless.

Actually, if I had to chose between Bethesda and Bioware, I would gladly give Fallout in Biowares hands. I mean we all know what it would look like, they could not deliver on a real Fallout sequel either. They would fill it with their typical tropes, hamfisted moral dilemas and cliche-writing ... But still, it would be a lot more enjoyable than what Beth did with F4. I mean Bioware CAN deliver some quality.

I can agree to that somewhat, it's not much better though.

I do love Bioware characters, and that dancing Vorcha is priceless.

The best part is they actually tried to do variations on dialog even for small things. Like when Shepherd boards the Normandy in that video and says "This is from my cabin! He's moving stuff out of my cabin!" for me it actually had him find a note that read along the lines of "Get this hamster off of the ship" (because I previously captured the hamster running around the ship) and Shepherd had about 6 or 7 lines about how awful it was to get rid of his pet hamster.

The difference in approach seems pretty clear: Bioware made those games knowing there was a lot of content people might not even see in their playthroughs, whereas other game companies think that is a waste of time and don't do it or try to throw it at the player all at once as with Fallout 4.

In contrast, Beth couldn't give us more than "Yes" "Yes" "Sarcastic" "HATE HAMSTERS"

But that would mean forced multiplayer with microtransactions...and day one DLCs, and Frostbyte engine, which makes Fallout unmoddable.

But that would mean forced multiplayer with microtransactions...and day one DLCs, and Frostbyte engine, which makes Fallout unmoddable.
At this rate with how shitty each new game runs in Gamebyro, you'll be lucky to get 20 FPS by the time they release the next game. Then you can have fun trying to enjoy those mods in a mediocre game that can't even push 30 FPS.
Sorry for being harsh but I had to get that off my chest, I mean I would trade the ability to mod if it meant a true Fallout game. Hey and if that did happen I'm sure they could figure out something. Of course the PC gaming community tends to persevere and stay persistent to get results.

At this rate with how shitty each new game runs in Gamebyro, you'll be lucky to get 20 FPS by the time they release the next game. Then you can have fun trying to enjoy those mods in a mediocre game that can't even push 30 FPS.
Sorry for being harsh but I had to get that off my chest, I mean I would trade the ability to mod if it meant a true Fallout game. Hey and if that did happen I'm sure they could figure out something. Of course the PC gaming community tends to persevere and stay persistent to get results.

yes but....microtransactions? day one DLCs? you really want them to open that can of worms on Fallout ? Weren't DA:I ME:3 and SW:BF enough reasons to stay AWAY from EA?

yes but....microtransactions? day one DLCs? you really want them to open that can of worms on Fallout ? Weren't DA:I ME:3 and SW:BF enough reasons to stay AWAY from EA?
Who says they have to use microtransactions if they use a different engine. If they were going to do that then why not now or when Skyrim was released? Well then again they tried paid mods and you know the end result. I'm sort of feeling as if Fallout is a lost cause to try and stay optimistic about its future as long as it's in Bethesda's hands but yet I can't help but hope for another good Fallout game because I enjoy the lore among its other lovely features. Maybe I'm giving up too soon thinking like that but it's hard to look at what it has degenerated into and think "You know, maybe we'll get a really good Fallout game next time". I want an isometric turn based game though if we did get a really good Fallout game. Sorry for my rambling. :P

While I enjoy mods, I would gladly take an amazing fallout game which is unmoddable over a modabe mediocre.

Somebody mentioned that in Skyrim it is explained that you are the dragonborn because you are the dragonborn. I dont think it is bad writing, on the contrary on paper it works great because of the prophetic and metaphysical type of storytelling in Elder Scrolls games.

Also, Mass Effect 3 is horrible. Like all Bioware game prior it, it has great characters but the game is rubbish and for me goes into the same bin as Fallout 4. I mean whats with the hundreds of side quests where you just send a probe and quest completed. Also horrible characters such as Ashley, Vega, Kai Leng. Whats with all those shooting galleries and retcons of retcons of retcons? Its literally hard to play through. And I disagree the game looks rushed from beginning to end. Few beautiful scenes in a giant turd. Citadel only works because its the goodbye from Bioware to fans, but shouldnt the entire game be a goodbye? As blaphemous as it sounds, Id rather force myself to explore boston than fight more Galactic Empire of Cerberus and their deus ex machinas all the time.

While Pillars of eternity is a fun distraction, id wish that Obsidian get their hands on Fallout franchise and have their only triple AAA franchise in completely in their own hands. WHile there is a lot i dont like about New Vegas, I just like their writing over other companies and for me personally Fallout boils down to writing and exploration, and Beth failed with writing and with exploration when making Fallout 4.

Last edited:
The best part is they actually tried to do variations on dialog even for small things. Like when Shepherd boards the Normandy in that video and says "This is from my cabin! He's moving stuff out of my cabin!" for me it actually had him find a note that read along the lines of "Get this hamster off of the ship" (because I previously captured the hamster running around the ship) and Shepherd had about 6 or 7 lines about how awful it was to get rid of his pet hamster.

The difference in approach seems pretty clear: Bioware made those games knowing there was a lot of content people might not even see in their playthroughs, whereas other game companies think that is a waste of time and don't do it or try to throw it at the player all at once as with Fallout 4.

In contrast, Beth couldn't give us more than "Yes" "Yes" "Sarcastic" "HATE HAMSTERS"

Also, even it pains me to say so, i must add that Bioware does some great writing with companions. Blackwall who was inspired right from some Dostoyevsky novel or Vivienne the Evil Mage who wasn't a chaotic stupid evil mage for the first time.

How Bioware approaches to religion, politics and lore is much more better than even Obsidian i must say(Setting of PoE was a disappointment for me to be honest.). When bioware does a retcon they at least try to explain it thoroughly.

Not that Bioware does games with decent role-playing aspect(even Baldur's Gate 2 was horrible); they do what Bioware does best. On the other hand Bethesda just imitates what Bioware(and Gearbox) does, poorly.

Also, even it pains me to say so, i must add that Bioware does some great writing with companions. Blackwall who was inspired right from some Dostoyevsky novel or Vivienne the Evil Mage who wasn't a chaotic stupid evil mage for the first time.

How Bioware approaches to religion, politics and lore is much more better than even Obsidian i must say(Setting of PoE was a disappointment for me to be honest.). When bioware does a retcon they at least try to explain it thoroughly.

Not that Bioware does games with decent role-playing aspect(even Baldur's Gate 2 was horrible); they do what Bioware does best. On the other hand Bethesda just imitates what Bioware(and Gearbox) does, poorly.

They used to, not after EA acquisition.

Viviene, for one, had no writing. She was just there handfisted into the game with barely any one-on-one dialogue. Others were very cliche amd kinda dull. That said Obsidian is not the best world builder, so far they play very well in other people playgrounds but their own creations as far as world and lore was lackluster. But thats not a problem with Fallout, as its already established.

Back