LucasArts destroyed by Disney's Death Star

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Guiltyofbeingtrite, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
  2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Damn, I was looking forward to Star Wars Kinect 2 and The Force Unleashed Again, can't get enough of those QTEs and slippery floor.

3. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    While they haven`t made anything good there was a time when seeing the LucasArts logo meant you were about to play a quality game.

RIP LucasArts :(.

4. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think the issue is that they left a lot of projects like Jedi Knights for example and all they did was rather mediocre star wars content instead of delivering quality games.

5. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Now that you mention it, I seem to remember something like that.

6. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Haven't had that feeling in many years/decades :D

7. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    That's it. Playing Dark Forces again. Was kinda looking forward to 1313 a bit but oh well. At least there is still Monkey Island and such. We got the quality before the sun burned out.

8. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    I feel like I had just been reading how their new game was a "Test run" to see how Battlefront 3 would do. And now this. WHY. WHY.

Ah well, maybe licensing out their stuff to other developers will mean better games.

9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    A shame to see a company that has brought me so much joy is now basically gone.
    Mind you, that joy was more than a decade ago when the people who would later found companies like Double Fine still worked there.

My favorite games (neither in alphabetical or release date order)

The Secret of Monkey Island 1
    The Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    The Secret of Monkey Island 3 (it was fun but not on level of the previous two games, I still want a real MI3)
    Loom
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
    Indiana Jones and his desktop adventures
    Indiana Jones greatest adventures
    Day of the Tentacle
    The Dig
    Sam & Max hit the Road
    Full Throttle
    Star Wars Dark Forces
    Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    Star Wars Yoda Stories
    Zombies ate my neighbors
    Big Sky Trooper
    RTX Red Rock (well I liked it)

10. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I'm still scared of those damn trash monsters, also burnt corpses in the second mission. Man Dark Forces had some vivid disturbing imagery and enemies.

11. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Yup, the Talay Tak base was one of the scariest areas I've experienced in video games, at least it was back in the day.

I doubt Disney will ever give out a license to create a similar SW game. They're more likely to do Jar Jar Binks Stories.

12. Serifan

Serifan Orderite Orderite

Aug 3, 2006
    I see this as a good thing. Lets be honest there has been not descent Star Wars game in years. Means a decent developer can have a crack at it.

I just hope that some does a new xwing game.

13. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Don't bet on it.

14. Mutoes

Mutoes Mildly Dipped

Feb 5, 2008
  15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    was an awesome game, well it still is, I have to say for an game using an 3D engine, Star Wars Jedi Outcast has aged really VERY well. I could still play it (have it somewhere here) and not feel ONCE that its so old that I can not stand the visuals anymore. A lot of other, more modern games with apparently "better" visuals aged much worse. I guess it shows what awesome team was behind that game, the correct use of textures, voices, light/shadow, not to mention really good animations, for such an old game! Proves again how much animations actually do for an game, if they are well done.

16. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    That is some really good news. I love LOVE Jedi Outcast and Academy was just amazing dueling online.

17. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Treading Water Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Star Wars Kinect.....

18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
  19. Ghost_Machine_011001

Ghost_Machine_011001 First time out of the vault

Jan 26, 2013
    What a shame. Too bad for 1313, but I was mostly in for Battlefront 3. Problem is that they canceled that before LucasArts even kicked it. :(