LucasArts destroyed by Disney's Death Star

Damn, I was looking forward to Star Wars Kinect 2 and The Force Unleashed Again, can't get enough of those QTEs and slippery floor.

While they haven`t made anything good there was a time when seeing the LucasArts logo meant you were about to play a quality game.

RIP LucasArts :(.

I think the issue is that they left a lot of projects like Jedi Knights for example and all they did was rather mediocre star wars content instead of delivering quality games.

UniversalWolf said:
rcorporon said:
...there was a time when seeing the LucasArts logo meant you were about to play a quality game.
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember something like that.

Haven't had that feeling in many years/decades :D

That's it. Playing Dark Forces again. Was kinda looking forward to 1313 a bit but oh well. At least there is still Monkey Island and such. We got the quality before the sun burned out.

I feel like I had just been reading how their new game was a "Test run" to see how Battlefront 3 would do. And now this. WHY. WHY.

Ah well, maybe licensing out their stuff to other developers will mean better games.

A shame to see a company that has brought me so much joy is now basically gone.
Mind you, that joy was more than a decade ago when the people who would later found companies like Double Fine still worked there.

My favorite games (neither in alphabetical or release date order)

The Secret of Monkey Island 1
The Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Secret of Monkey Island 3 (it was fun but not on level of the previous two games, I still want a real MI3)
Loom
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Indiana Jones and his desktop adventures
Indiana Jones greatest adventures
Day of the Tentacle
The Dig
Sam & Max hit the Road
Full Throttle
Star Wars Dark Forces
Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Yoda Stories
Zombies ate my neighbors
Big Sky Trooper
RTX Red Rock (well I liked it)

I_eat_supermutants said:
That's it. Playing Dark Forces again. Was kinda looking forward to 1313 a bit but oh well. At least there is still Monkey Island and such. We got the quality before the sun burned out.

I'm still scared of those damn trash monsters, also burnt corpses in the second mission. Man Dark Forces had some vivid disturbing imagery and enemies.

Alphadrop said:
I'm still scared of those damn trash monsters, also burnt corpses in the second mission. Man Dark Forces had some vivid disturbing imagery and enemies.
Yup, the Talay Tak base was one of the scariest areas I've experienced in video games, at least it was back in the day.

I doubt Disney will ever give out a license to create a similar SW game. They're more likely to do Jar Jar Binks Stories.

I see this as a good thing. Lets be honest there has been not descent Star Wars game in years. Means a decent developer can have a crack at it.

I just hope that some does a new xwing game.

was an awesome game, well it still is, I have to say for an game using an 3D engine, Star Wars Jedi Outcast has aged really VERY well. I could still play it (have it somewhere here) and not feel ONCE that its so old that I can not stand the visuals anymore. A lot of other, more modern games with apparently "better" visuals aged much worse. I guess it shows what awesome team was behind that game, the correct use of textures, voices, light/shadow, not to mention really good animations, for such an old game! Proves again how much animations actually do for an game, if they are well done.

That is some really good news. I love LOVE Jedi Outcast and Academy was just amazing dueling online.

What a shame. Too bad for 1313, but I was mostly in for Battlefront 3. Problem is that they canceled that before LucasArts even kicked it. :(

Back