Morrowind thread!

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by dopezilla, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Morrowind is still my favorite TES game, it is definitely not perfect and yes it has clunky moments and stuff... But again it was made by 6 people (Bethesda was almost bankrupt and had to be bought by Zenimax back then and only 6 people were left when they made Morrowind).

I think it is a vastly superior RPG to any other Bethesda game made after it and it was just made by 6 guys... What is the excuse for FO4? :whatever:

2. dopezilla

dopezilla God of Blood and War

Nov 6, 2015
    You mean the gap between tiers of weapons and armour?

I see what you mean. Although the Great House quest rewards are often pretty sweet.

I can't think of a single reason to play Morrowind on Xbox. The bugs for starters are reason enough to play it on PC. There's lots unofficial patches for the PC version that fix bugs that are left unaddressed by the official patches. Definitely worth your while.

3. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    Good thing there's a thread about Morrowind so I can add this without making a new topic: If you really liked Morrowind and know all the lore you'll really enjoy this: http://imgur.com/gallery/RC7kB/new

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    The link doesn't work for me, just brings me to a 404 error.

5. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    Strange...it works fine for me. Try removing the "/new" from the link.

6. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    It's fixed now, whatever kind of magic you did...did the trick. Ha some pretty funny stuff.

7. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    I never knew Morrowind was made by only 6 guys. All the more impressive then. I was on a roll by the way. The main quest was definitely enhanced a whole lot by the Julan Ashlander Companion mod. I was about to go look for Kagrenac's tools, so coming along nicely.

I haven't even started other quest mods yet, apart from Rise of House Telvanni, because I'm Arch Magister already. Lawdy, I was having a lot of fun before my GPU died on me. Can't wait to continue in about a week or so. :D

Good stuff!

8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Morrowind has some fantastic quest mods, too many in fact!

9. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    I know right. I just went with the 12 mods mentioned in the youtube video somewhere in this thread. I'm sure if I've exhausted those I'll add some more. Haven't been playing a lot of Morrowind lately, though. I'll get back to it, though.

10. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah same here. Have to play it again... it's a great game. What's your favorite faction?

11. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    Probably House Telvanni. Mad wizards yo. Thieves Guild and Morag Tong are pretty sweet as well.

12. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Mine is the House Hlaalu or the Blades. I prefer the more secret services Blades in Morrowind, then the blatant samurai bodyguards in Oblivion and Skyrim.

13. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    Yeah, Oblivion and Skyrim messed up the blades big time. I like Hlaalu as well. Corrupt little devils. Never felt much for House Redoran, though.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    That MGSO mod is amazing. It makes morrowind look like a modern game, at least as good as skyrim in a lot of ways. It is just beautiful to behold, and it doesnt change the gameplay at all. definitely love it.

15. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah House Redoran was boring, though their building style was great.

16. Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 20, 2015
    House Telvanni for the giant mushrooms.

I couldn't get into Morrowind when I was younger but you people really make me want to play it. I have too many games to play these days.

17. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Play it with mods. If you love Telvanni there are quest mods that add quests when you become their leader.

18. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    Rise of House Telvanni is the mod you're looking for. As well as Uvirith's Legacy for your stronghold. There is a compatability patch available too.

Also, somewhere in this thread there's a top 10 quest mods youtube link, watch it, and download all of those mods. :D

19. Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. After I finish KOTOR2, that is.

20. dopezilla

Nov 6, 2015
    Hehehe, so many games to play. I know man.