Mothership Zeta trailer and dev diary

LauraJay said:
DexterMorgan said:
Edit: Thematically a more fitting picture.

Lol, yeah, for a Fallout game it would be. I'd say the Star Trek one fits this particular theme more. ;)

I think it'll be Atlantean Schoolgirl Ninjas where you have to steal the Nautilus in order to get to the Undersea utopia. I could be wrong.

p.s. Yeah, I haven't worked at Spacetime in well over a year now. Just sayin'.

Yeah, well, we rarely update ranks.

Congrats on the new job btw, Puukers. Aren't you getting fed up with MMOs yet, by the way? We want to see Puuk RPGs! I care not for MMOs!

Lol, samurai armour. Riiiight. I bet that leather armour also blocks lasers better than APA :roll:

Also, samurai armour, on a spaceship, in FO universe. Now what's left is to add magic, and the lack of logic in the game will reach a critical mass.

Brother None said:
Yeah, well, we rarely update ranks.

Congrats on the new job btw, Puukers. Aren't you getting fed up with MMOs yet, by the way? We want to see Puuk RPGs! I care not for MMOs!

Thanks! I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, that's for sure. I don't have to sell my house and move and they're paying me rather well. And yes, I would love to work on an old-school style RPG, but they are very few and far between in this day and age. But I'm looking forward to this project (I love comic book super-hero madness) and seeing what I can get away with using the tools and such. I know a lot of the folks working on DCUO, and they're a good bunch of folks.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Samurais on spaceships. I'd rather Deathclaws on rollerskates.

If ever anyone doubted that the series jumped the shark, there you have it.

It's so far gone now it really is funny.
Pew PEw Fallout!

LauraJay said:
Bethesda fans will buy it.
Let them eat cake...

The Fallout series never jumped the shark. It grew wings and flew right over the shark into space...

I enjoyed the old Fallout games ( ... that BoS game not included). I even enjoyed Fallout 3 ...

... but even I'm shaking my head in disbelief at this one.

Lichbane said:
I enjoyed the old Fallout games ( ... that BoS game not included). I even enjoyed Fallout 3 ...

... but even I'm shaking my head in disbelief at this one.

Relax, just consider this the "Guardian of Forever" F2 quest equivalent for Fallout 3, it's all for lighthearted fun.

Ausdoerrt said:
Also, samurai armour, on a spaceship, in FO universe. Now what's left is to add magic, and the lack of logic in the game will reach a critical mass.

There are already magical items in the game. It's a good start!

Ever notice how you never see these two people together?

Todd Howard and Michael Bay.

HMMMMMMMMM......

Quaid said:
But something doesn't feel right, and I think mountaingoat hit the nail on the head for me. You can't just cram in anything from the 50's vision of the future and call it 'Fallout-y'.

Thanx Quaid, glad to share my thoughts. I concur with yours,also. :D

The truth is, I stopped caring about FO3 a long time ago, especially after what I believe is the stupidest ending done for a video game ever ( not the fact that it ends, but the way).
I felt like the developers underrated my intelligence and I keep on feeling the same ever since .

Their unbearable lightness of writing and developing has left me in....awe. :wall:

New Vegas might be a chance for atonement and the comeback of the old spirit.
At least in writing, dialogue, character development and C&C.
I do hope and pray for no samurai armor, or Sims like retro-future decorations and a spaceship that can be used eventually as a homebase.

Cheers!!

Verd1234 said:
The Fallout series never jumped the shark. It grew wings and flew right over the shark into space...

Or better was abducted by aliens with an antigravity beam and Lost in Space.

You know what's really sad? I thought the armor was a joke. I seriously went "Oh har har guys, Samurai Armor. Horse armor joke." I wish it was a joke.

NFSreloaded said:
Radwaster said:
Samurai armour: bamboo is proof against 99% of all known alien weaponry? :?
Yup, like a rabid dog against Power Armor.

Which, in Fallout 3, is a life-threatining situation. To the power armor user, of course.

What more can I say? It has been already repeated over and over that this DLC simply does not fit to the Fallout world, though I guess it does fit Fallout 3 style. Think about it - when the visuals and overpowered weapons are the strongest points of your game, you'd rather make visually-stunning location with disintegrating weapons, than another burned-out, desolated desert with some lame NPC and poor dialogue.

Fallout 3 has a desert? I thought it was just a boring hilly/mountainous area with zero flat bits.

Flat bits are not awsum.

Back