Fallout 2 mod Mutants Rising...

You know Wild_qwerty when I saw your name I thought to myself "That name is so familiar, where have I seen that name before?", it's only now with your avatar I realised your one of Fallouts pioneer modders and an original member of Mutants Rising. Welcome back.

Well. I am amazed by those areas. Praise worthy. Every single one is much more detailed than the whole bunch of bethesda world maps. I presmue the first sidequest will be more complex than the whole bethesda plotline. Will donations be opened when the mod starts? Because if the gameplay is as rich as those settlements then i consider it to be worth full price for full game.

Marvelous and outstandig mapdesign. I would be eager to learn from this talented mapdesigner. Is there any chance in getting the new tiles, critters, sceneries etc. used in this mod?

Marvelous and outstandig mapdesign. I would be eager to learn from this talented mapdesigner. Is there any chance in getting the new tiles, critters, sceneries etc. used in this mod?
After we release the game feel free to use anything inside, just give the team credit when used.

As for the world map would players prefer to have a grid overlay or keep it bare?

eEX125P.jpg

And what about the colour of the grid?

3PUZtFL.jpg

As for the world map would players prefer to have a grid overlay or keep it bare?
Oof, this is a hard one.
On one hand, I'm so used to the grid that I consider it part of the whole classic Fallout feeling. On the other hand, not having a grid would definitely be something unique in FO total conversions, and would give it a certain charm and "uniqueness". :confused:

I guess I'll be fine with whatever others choose.
I like the green grid more.

I always play with the grid on for games like Heroes where each unit occupies only 1 (or 2) tiles, but in Fallout you can be in-between tiles and it doesn't functionally matter, so I'd like it more without a grid.
From the grid options, I prefer the middle one.

After we release the game feel free to use anything inside, just give the team credit when used.

eEX125P.jpg

3PUZtFL.jpg
Even though it kind of fits, the green one looks too bright. I don't know.
Maybe an option for customizing color would be nice (I remember New Vegas having one)

The map can't be customisable, there can only be one finished design...most likely it will be the tan dotted line. The line itself is a simple filter in Photoshop, so it's pretty easy to change the colour and tone.

I mean, could just make it extra mini-mods as they are just overwriting graphics. Technically not a big deal.

So will Mutants Rising intersect with New Vegas in anyway? Las Vegas was New Vegas before House took over. Vault 22 was ran by Ghoul Queen before it was 100% abandoned by 2281?

The 2 game locations have no relation to each other, our version was designed before New Vegas was released. I've never played New Vegas so I haven't been influenced by it and my knowledge of it is pretty superficial. We actually had too many quests in our Las Vegas and had to cut one family from the location. It is easily the most quest dense location in the game.

We actually had too many quests in our Las Vegas and had to cut one family from the location. It is easily the most quest dense location in the game.

Alright, I have to ask.
How many is too many?
Could you share some details about the cut family (how they would connect to the rest of the city, what would player do for them, etc)?

Back