Name a thing you DON'T hate in Fallout 4

Depends on the resources. A mix of the two would make sense.

While on the subject of motorbikes in Fallout, I'm just going to use this opportunity to point out that this scene is fucking awesome:

I really have to get around to watching the other mad max films.

When you see Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior you realise how much of an influence they had on Fallout.

0707003.JPG

Eh, I don't think Avellone hate horses or something. It's just that, the majority of Old World fauna should've been wiped out. Of course, a Vault housing pairs of Old World fauna (ala Noah's Ark).... hmm, I'm not sure.

Still, it does raise a question as to how Old World dogs and wolves managed to get by just fine.

Eh, I don't think Avellone hate horses or something. It's just that, the majority of Old World fauna should've been wiped out. Of course, a Vault housing pairs of Old World fauna (ala Noah's Ark).... hmm, I'm not sure.

Still, it does raise a question as to how Old World dogs and wolves managed to get by just fine.
I imagine they hunted those bigass molerats from fo1 & fo2. Or some other creature that lives around there but we've never seen.

Depends on the resources. A mix of the two would make sense.

While on the subject of motorbikes in Fallout, I'm just going to use this opportunity to point out that this scene is fucking awesome:

You know, I always secretly liked the idea of vehicles in Fallout. If done right! By the way, I don't think it was really awesome in F2, more like a ... bonus. Something you could ignore.
For example, geting your vehicle should be a real achievement and getting fuel for it should be really difficult. It shouldn't just be a gimick.

I liked the piecemail armour approach, wearing things like the vault suit under leather.

The Glowing sea was pretty awesome the first time I started walking toward that weird shining light on the horizon and it brought me right back to the Glow in FO1.

I may get slaughtered for this haha, I actually ENJOYED the voiced protagonists *ducks behind cover* once I got got over the initial shock of how different it felt. Nora>>>Nate however.

And although it had so many problems, the settlement aspect. Just completely ignore the radiant quests after you get to the Talk to Preston stage, and the happiness stat, because it really has zero impact on anything.

Keep an outpost small and focused (6-10 settlers) and you can design some interesting way points for yourself.

So this is how Papa Khan will carve a mighty empire out of the ruins of the Northwest. Not gonna lie, this would be an intimidating sight if that many bikes rumbled by a settlement though I question whether the element of surprise will be a factor in said carving.
Who needs the element of surprise, when you've got some of the toughest warriors in the world on motorbikes?

I would lean more toward more old world predatory animals surviving than those animals which are vegetarians.

There are very few types of large prey mammal in the US that still exist in genetically diverse populations and with the changes to the ecosystem caused by the war in Fallout I would expect that the food sources for these animals would be either full of radiation or destroyed by the drought/nuclear winter.

I could see something like elk or caribou surviving in the north, but in the continental USA I don't think wild horses and such would do well.

Predators can adapt by eating different animals than they are used to, or becoming scavengers, but prey animals tend to be one trick ponies. (pun not intended)

I liked the piecemail armour approach, wearing things like the vault suit under leather.

The Glowing sea was pretty awesome the first time I started walking toward that weird shining light on the horizon and it brought me right back to the Glow in FO1.

I may get slaughtered for this haha, I actually ENJOYED the voiced protagonists *ducks behind cover* once I got got over the initial shock of how different it felt. Nora>>>Nate however.

And although it had so many problems, the settlement aspect. Just completely ignore the radiant quests after you get to the Talk to Preston stage, and the happiness stat, because it really has zero impact on anything.

Keep an outpost small and focused (6-10 settlers) and you can design some interesting way points for yourself.
The armor crafting is a nice addition. Settlements and all the other stuff would have been welcome additions to a Fallout RPG but Bethesda forgot to actually make the Fallout RPG.

The Glowing Sea was a disappointment because there's nothing there. It's like playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (which is a great game) but with no actual game content aside from the lame FEV cure (which is really stupid like the rest of the writing) and a bunch of NPCs from the Children of Atom who you can't talk to at all.

The overriding theme of the game is "wasted potential" - a lot of good possibilities that were never actually realized.

The armor crafting is a nice addition. Settlements and all the other stuff would have been welcome additions to a Fallout RPG but Bethesda forgot to actually make the Fallout RPG.

The Glowing Sea was a disappointment because there's nothing there. It's like playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (which is a great game) but with no actual game content aside from the lame FEV cure (which is really stupid like the rest of the writing) and a bunch of NPCs from the Children of Atom who you can't talk to at all.

The overriding theme of the game is "wasted potential" - a lot of good possibilities that were never actually realized.
Well, in the defense of Fallout 4, the Glowing Sea may be empty, but it is very cinematic, compared to the standard of the current franchise. One of the rare occasions in which Bethesda understood that a "good" atmosphere can prevail on the actual content, I think. Poorly exploited, in the end (why on earth would you hide from Synths in the only place where they can walk freely ? Yeah, there are predators, but I somehow doubt that synths can make good meat, so...).

I actually didn't know that you couldn't "talk" to the children of atom, though. I encountered them, simply never came back, but I honestly thought you could do some quests for them, later on. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

I'm with Languidleo on the voiced protagonist. I thought it was actually okay. However, I thought that Nora's voice sounded too unsure of herself, not eloquent enough, considering her background and the events she lives later on.

oh i genuinely like that the characters look like actual people and not barbie dolls or uh potatoes, or fallout 3-style upgraded chiseled potatoes--and gesture and don't have the old classic bethesda bilateral fixed gaze palsy making you wonder if there really are rads in the water in maryland

one character in the game seems to retain the fallout 3 chiseled potato look tho. that angry guy in the random encounter with the woman about to kill another guy they were travelling with after he disclosed he was a synth.

again tho this all falls under the game having an immense supply of adequate and perfectly serviceable art that basically went to waste in the games final execution or lack thereof

I like that mutated dolphin thing. Not that I like the design (it could've been better (a lot better)) but I like that its presence (even as just a dead thing) suggests that canonicaly speaking there are "monsters" or sea life living in that water. And in the short time that I suffered with that game I saw some mirelurks eating one which suggests they play a part in the ecosystem. Which I have to say is awesome to see in a Bethesda game.

Last edited:
Overdone joke is boring.

Please try and be somewhat original. Don't be an emil. Don't be Bethesda.

I'd love to here a serious answer.
Seriously though, I liked the soundtrack. It may not have been the perfect choice for a Fallout game, but damn was it good.

Seriously though, I liked the soundtrack. It may not have been the perfect choice for a Fallout game, but damn was it good.
I don't know if you Were referring to inon zur but I got some genuine joy out of diamond city's playlist just walking around.

Fallout 4 gave me a deep nostalgia for 2006 . . . ? Er, uh ...

Oh, uh, I liked all the activity and intensity and unique animations and effort and protagonist observational dialogue put into the pre-war Sanctuary intro, before the game completely gave up.

Back