Name a thing you DON'T hate in Fallout 4

Guys don't feed him, put him on your ignore list and wait for an admin to ban him.
Good point. It's already started another flame bait thread after several warnings already so the ban is probably coming.

Last edited:
I do like the design of the Vaults and the jumpsuits compared to 3 and NV. Don't much care for the actual experiments though. Nothing tops Vault 11.

Wow
much edge
totally hardcore
"I hate everyone on the site. I don't even care if I get reported. This is just madness, disrespectfulness and criticism." (taken from Slayerite's status at the moment)
It obviously wants to troll and flame bait at this point.

I do like the design of the Vaults and the jumpsuits compared to 3 and NV. Don't much care for the actual experiments though. Nothing tops Vault 11.
I liked how there was no big quest to direct people to explore Vault 11. In fact, the objective appears as a note in the Pip-Boy as though the Courier decided to investigate on their own. As for the vault suits, the ones in 4 do have the skin-tight appearance of the classic Vault suits at least.

"I hate everyone on the site. I don't even care if I get reported. This is just madness, disrespectfulness and criticism." (taken from Slayerite's status at the moment)
It obviously wants to troll and flame bait at this point.
Yes. Thing is I can't ban people, so I have to wait for someone else to do it.

Armor- I do like the feel of the power armor, though I am disappointed that they introduced it so fast. I also like the fact that we can chose our armor pieces.
Combat- The shooting is better. VATS isn't so bad.
Environment- Certain regions didn't have a ugly, green tint to it.
Some minor features like sprinting and being able to pick perks whenever you want is appreciated.

I liked the visual design of certain things, I enjoyed the way power armour felt and the way radiation worked.

I think that's it.

Oh, uh, I liked all the activity and intensity and unique animations and effort and protagonist observational dialogue put into the pre-war Sanctuary intro, before the game completely gave up.
The Pre-war section would have been great, if they had actually let you explore a bit, and had a few scenes in the pre-war world, rather than rushing you in to action. It seems like they obviously care far more about getting to the mindless shooting, then letting you establish your character's pre-war life.

Yeah, the pre-war part was definitely a wasted opportunity. But, then again wasted opportunity must qualify as the subtext of Fallout 4 at this point.

Personally, I would've liked it if the pre-war prologue had been expanded to allow you to build your character's backstory across several defining moments from the protagonist's life (one of the few ideas I liked in FO3).

Or, hell, they could've shortened the whole sequence and had the game start with the protagonist queuing up to get into the vault and have character creation occur as you fill out questionnaires, sit aptitude tests and answer interview questions, etc. Such a sequence could've also served as the games tutorial.

Last edited:
I just wish there hadn't been any pre-war sequence at all. The original Fallout games were always about leaving it to your imagination. The pre-war world should've been pieced together from what little we do see of it. Instead we get this mind-numbingly dumb sequence involving '50s bullshit and soap opera.

I just wish there hadn't been any pre-war sequence at all. The original Fallout games were always about leaving it to your imagination. The pre-war world should've been pieced together from what little we do see of it. Instead we get this mind-numbingly dumb sequence involving '50s bullshit and soap opera.

That's a fair point and piecing knowledge of the pre-war world together without ever really knowing it for certain was something that I really enjoyed about Fallout 1 & 2. My little brainstorm above was more in the vein of "if you're going to do a pre-war bit, do it properly".

That's a fair point and piecing knowledge of the pre-war world together without ever really knowing it for certain was something that I really enjoyed about Fallout 1 & 2. My little brainstorm above was more in the vein of "if you're going to do a pre-war bit, do it properly".

That's fair. I did like your idea about queuing up to enter the vault and having to fill in certain forms. I guess with cryogenics that would at least allow for a variety of character types, rather than specific people being required for the social experiment (such as was done with Vault 15). It would be fun if you found documents on various people, including yourself, and explaining why they didn't survive the cryogenic process while you did.

An Intelligence 2 character for example: "Most of our subjects suffered severe brain damage from overlong containment, but it looks like this guy didn't have any brains to damage to begin with."

Back