NFL 2011

The whole mechanic of draft pick investment shifted a bit anyway. There's little prohibitive about rookie contracts now, even Cam Newton's is quite alright. And yeah, Bradford's hardly cripples the team.

Career YPC

Barry Sanders 5
Jim Brown 5.2
Bo Jackson and Danny Woodhead* 5.4

*still active

edit:
Nice stick.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDLG34xCLY&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
No flag or $20k fine either.
If I was that HB, I'm whiffing my next blitz pickup for that douchebag QB. That was not cool.

editx2:
It was only a matter of time until a full blown sabermetrician started smashing old "conventional wisdom" like this.

Pulaski Academy Scores 29 Points Before Opponent Touches Football
Kelley doesn’t believe in punting. His Bruins teams go for it on fourth down, even in the most extreme situations. His playbook is filled with tricks and gimmicks. He often forbids his players to return punts, reckoning that the odds of a fumble outstrip the incremental yards that can be gained from a return. After his team scores, it almost always attempts an onside kick.
According to Kelley’s statistics, when a team punts from near its end zone, the opponent will take possession inside the 40-yard line and will then score a touchdown 77 percent of the time. If it recovers on downs inside the 10, it will score a touchdown 92 percent of the time. “So [forsaking] a punt, you give your offense a chance to stay on the field,” he said. “And if you miss, the odds of the other team scoring only increase 15 percent. It’s like someone said, ‘[Punting] is what you do on fourth down,’ and everyone did it without asking why.”
With Kelley calling plays, Pulaski scored on its first drive. Naturally, the Bruins then attempted an onside kick, which they recovered. Soon, they scored another touchdown. They repeated the drill — onside kick, recovery, touchdown — again. And then again. With 8:35 left in the 12-minute first quarter, Cabot trailed Pulaski 29-0 and had yet to run a play from scrimmage.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Barry Sanders 5
Jim Brown 5.2
Bo Jackson and Danny Woodhead* 5.4

Dexter McCluster 5.1
Rashad Jennings 5.4
Jamaal Charles 6.0

Anyway

lolnfl-mcnabb.jpg

Brother None said:
Dexter McCluster 5.1
Rashad Jennings 5.4
Jamaal Charles 6.0

Anyway
They're not anywhere near the comical misfit with Brown, Bo and Barry.
images

images

images

images

Besides, Randall Cunningham has them all beat at 6.4, and he threw for 30,000, and had a 91 yard punt to boot.
Triple Threat.

Peckerwood, if you can't see the obvious absurdity of comparing a midget from some shithole Div. III school to 3 of the most-prolific, highest-decorated (multi-sport no less) athletes America has ever produced, I can't do much for ya. It's like suggesting Dan Quayle should be on Mt. Rushmore. Or in terms a southerner would understand, having General Butler on Stone Mountain.

FF :: actual football
Guitar Hero :: actual guitar playing

I went 10 for 16 against the spread last week. Anytime you want to lay some money down, let me know.

I've been listening to the Vikings fan call-in show after the game today. Too funny. McNabb's going to get run out of his third city after this season, even though it's not entirely his fault. I actually feel bad for Peterson, though. His talent should be showcased with a better franchise.

I think Stanzi could eventually develop into a passable starter, but I'm rooting for ex-Badger QB Scott Tolzein, who had an excellent preseason and got plucked off the San Diego practice squad by Harbaugh's Niners.

Should've taken a paycut to play for the Patriots.

Now that'd be fun!

And best of luck to Tolzien, but if anyone is the QBotF there, it's the well over-drafted Kaepernick.

UniversalWolf said:
I've been listening to the Vikings fan call-in show after the game today. Too funny. McNabb's going to get run out of his third city after this season, even though it's not entirely his fault. I actually feel bad for Peterson, though. His talent should be showcased with a better franchise.
That loss wasn't McNabb's fault. Like, at all. I'm not sure what happened in that game, anyway. Both teams looked completely different in both halves, and it wasn't the first time that happened for either team.

Also, I have to say I love comeback victories but I really wouldn't mind a blowout victory once in a while. Being down 2+ TDs in the first half is going to backfire at some point.

Sander said:
That loss wasn't McNabb's fault.
That doesn't matter. It's the Vikings.

Not sure how the Packers are going to handle the Nick Collins situation. They have the personnel to limit the damage, I think. Might see more Woodson at safety, or it'll just be Peprah. The rumor of GB signing Darren Sharper is a long shot since that would be uncharacteristic of the organization. They're much more likely to promote from within.

Brother None said:
You'd still want him in 10 years? Eeeesh.

I'd cut trent cole to get him on my fantasy team.
championshiiiiiip.....

btw, this is what musgrave has to say about their situation:

"We'll want to keep growing (Harvin's) package"

I'm putting Cimm on suicide watch after that Pats game.

Bills 3-0, likely on top of the division once the jets lose this one. Lions 3-0. Interesting.

Back