NFL 2011

DammitBoy said:
Give three reasons why Vick sucks so badly.

He is an injury-prone low-percentage passer with no offensive line. Of course he sucks.

I for one am glad the Seahawks are no longer a finesse team
0b726dc7a3bb75535618dbb32c13a698a56c8c7dc699eceebc4fd8c985cdf0925g.jpg

This new NFL Films series is really meh compared to the hype they get, first the Belichick one, now this one, which, way to omit any mention of Clyde Simmons. I'd rather see a doc on that entire defense, they were one of the greatest front to back, not just those two.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPFYxt2HBmk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Needs moar Buddy.

This one might be fun:

The Official Philadelphia Sports Power Hour:
http://jtgallagher.com/work/-power-hour-/

That two-part Belichick documentary was shit. Completely uninteresting tripe. It's good to know the man is as boring as he appears, I guess.

This one was pretty interesting though not as good as it could have been.

You need a lot of filler material to fill out 24 hour programming on NFLN evidently. That was probably the worst season to film Belichick.

Don't rewrite history though in the myth-making. Jerome Brown, and I say this as a huge fan, was somewhat of a dipshit, and his death bears that out, which they kind of skipped over the circumstances to make the doc more sympathetic.

It's good to know the man is as boring as he appears, I guess.
You're looking for the Gerry Glanville doc.

NFLN has always had trouble filling 24-7 with decent programming. I think they need some football related sitcoms or something. Maybe old reruns of Coach.

Nebraska at Wisconsin tomorrow night. Should be interesting.

Nice to see the NFL has stepped up to fill the void the arena league left.

I wish ESPN would cut that shit with their Stewards of the Sacred MNF schtick. MNF is not MNF, hasn't been in years. MNF moved to Sunday, and they took their marquee match-ups and preferential flex scheduling with them. ESPN still gets their inferior, 3rd tier, leftover, token game, it's just on Mondays and they own the branding from sugar daddy ABC/Disney. The hype on those games is unbearable and embarrassing.

So, Al Davis died.

Influential figure on the history of the sport. One of the last of the AFL's crazy club, leaving Ralph Wilson and Bud Adams. Of course, I only really know him from his degenerate crazy man period.

Back in the 70's, a good owner. He sorta lost it after that, though. Or did he? The Raiders seem to be not as shit anymore, so maybe TEAMSPEED was the way to go?

It's too bad he became a punchline in his later years. Guy was a pioneer, gave his life to the game and he kicked ass on his terms. The thing I respect most about him is how he bucked everyone and would go to war with the NFL over what he felt was right, and not necessarily over petty shit like money. He was a necessary counter balance and unique voice in the room.

That was his downfall too. Too stubborn in his old ways at the end.

That being said:
-Do they bury him in the jumpsuit with the librarian's glasses?
-Over/under on how much the Tuck Rule shaved of his lifespan : 2.5 years?
-Who do the Patriots rob for draft picks now?
-draft day just got a lot more predictable

One of the last of the AFL's crazy club, leaving Ralph Wilson and Bud Adams. Of course, I only really know him from his degenerate crazy man period.
Wilson isn't crazy, that's how people born in 1850 talk.

Too bad you only saw the end of Davis' career, I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were always billed as the "winningest" team in all of sports, especially from 70s-90s. Always admired their toughness. I don't know when exactly that ceased to be, major downward spiral after that Gruden Bowl and Tuck Rule. Abrupt end to Bo Jackson's career was probably the actual beginning of the end.

I was a coin flip from starting nyg def, too --- thank christ cincy had the better match next week, although maybe I'm not giving indy and garcon enough credit............

Not a bad win for the Packers. Apparently Newhouse and Sherrod can both play, meaning OT might be a position of some depth for the first time in ages. The defense also looks like it's starting to function as a unit finally.

Philly is in a shame spiral.

Don't sweat it, nobody nationally takes football played in Florida seriously unless it's played in Gainesville, Tallahassee or Coral Gables anyway. Based on attendance, I'd have a hard time believing people in-state feel otherwise either.

Speaking of which, Denver's next game is in Miami, and during half-time Miami is hosting a reunion of the 2009 UofF National Championship (only god knows what the connection is there), which will no doubt bring out the true believers clamoring for the savior.
I do not envy John Fox right now, but I am ever appreciative of the fact that I reside in a blue state. Pulling your starter at the half is like crossing the Rubicon, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube after that.

-obligatory mention of how awesome Adrian Peterson's headfake is.

edit:
Brother None said:
That just happened.
Yeah, I don't think it's dawned on the national consciousness just how hard the Giants are going to fall this year. Losing Terrell Thomas was a huge blow, Amakamura gone before he started. They face a brutal schedule down the stretch, including the murderer's row of Pats, Packers and Saints. Ouch. Tom Coughlin's swan song methinks.

Is that Sal Alosi with the camera?
I'd expect the over-reactive, knee-jerk witchhunt to begin behind Grand Inquisitors Goodell, Dungy and Senator Spector, except that, well, the Jets still suck so who cares.
IMG420.jpg

Sander said:
Well, that was embarrassing.
That's what happens when a young, cocky team travels all the way across the country to play a team seeing signs of life for the first time in years. Those coast-to-coast road trips can be brutal. Makes the Giants loss seem even worse, actually.

With Gabe Carimi injured the Bears have no offensive line.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Is that Sal Alosi with the camera?
I'd expect the over-reactive, knee-jerk witchhunt to begin behind Grand Inquisitors Goodell, Dungy and Senator Spector, except that, well, the Jets still suck so who cares.
Actually, there's nothing illegal about that. Film crews from teams are allowed on the sidelines as long as they're clearly marked with those yellow jackets.

UniversalWolf said:
That's what happens when a young, cocky team travels all the way across the country to play a team seeing signs of life for the first time in years. Those coast-to-coast road trips can be brutal.
And with Monday Night Football that was a short week two. Basically missed two days of prep. Still bad.

So...

Carson Palmer as a Raider?
Bengals with 2 new high round draft picks?
Brandon Lloyd as a Ram?
Jerome Harrison and Ronnie Brown trading places?

Will any of this change anything? Can Palmer keep the Raiders momentum or are we seeing the Raiders returning to their usual path of mediocrity?

Mostly, can we just get discussion going again so I don't have to see Aaron Rodgers crotch every time I scroll to the bottom of the discussion.

I think Palmer's better than Campbell, but I don't know how much better. That remains to be seen. At one time he was much, much better.

This is the week of the big London game. Maybe Lovie and Raheem will get in a fight after the game. Also Christian Ponder gets his first start against the Packers and he gets to play them again two weeks later.

I don't know whether or not Brandon Lloyd will thrive in St. Louis, but from watching the Rams in Green Bay last week I'd say one of their biggest problems is a lack of veteran leadership.

Back