NFL 2011

What drags the NFL down is low-quality stadiums that limit their team's income much more than attendance problems (which really are not that huge in Jacksonville anyway anymore). See: San Diego, Oakland, Minnesota, Miami pretty soon too.

You can parse it however you want, but Jacksonville is the league's worst franchise and the armpit of the NFL. I don't get the attachment to them.

TwinkieGorilla said:
Sabirah said:
Just because they enjoy something you don't doesn't make them a joke. I don't call rugby fans jokes for example

What? Jesus fuck. Can you stop being a n00b and commenting on things you have no goddamn idea about? Jets fans are "a joke" because they're notorious for being assholes, fair-weather fans and booing the shit out of college kids during the draft. They're a joke. Not to mention Jets fans are Jersey rats.

:(

I live in New york and I like the Jets. Sorry If I made you angry somehow...

Cimmerian Nights said:
You can parse it however you want, but Jacksonville is the league's worst franchise and the armpit of the NFL. I don't get the attachment to them.
Attendance has been much better in recent years (around 65,000 per game IIRC). And they actually have a functional, modern stadium.

Jacksonville gets way more hate than it deserves.

Hate isn't why Forbes ranked them last in value the past few years.

Beating up on girls for invoking graciousness, classy.
In fairness to Jets fans, their team hasn't given that much for them to cheer for since 1969. It's a reciprocal thing here. Bad football begets pissy fans.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Hate isn't why Forbes ranked them last in value the past few years.

Beating up on girls for invoking graciousness, classy.
In fairness to Jets fans, their team hasn't given that much for them to cheer for since 1969. It's a reciprocal thing here. Bad football begets pissy fans.

Such is life. Very depressing that the Jets had to end up in this sorry state. I remember last year my father was getting all excited about them because of their new coach making all kinds of claims. Those never came to fruition :(.

Sabirah said:
Such is life. Very depressing that the Jets had to end up in this sorry state. I remember last year my father was getting all excited about them because of their new coach making all kinds of claims. Those never came to fruition :(.
Jets fans are never satisfied until the team wins a Super Bowl. They made it to within one game both past years. Jets fans have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Well, except Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

Sander said:
Jets fans are never satisfied until the team wins a Super Bowl

But isn't that the point of all teams :P. I know I won't be satisfied in the realm of sports I care about until the mets win a world series (It will happen eventually, just give them time 8-) )

No. Jets fans suck. Sorry. Not as much as Pats fans, but they suck.

Also: LoL@ the guy who tucks half his shirt in talking about "class". Indeed. :lol:

Nology5890 said:
To be honest, I want to see Wisconsin rip Michigan State's still-beating heart from their football team. Namely, gash them along the ground to the tune of 300 yards, and then utterly destroy the players who fake injuries to stop the clock.
I certainly hope that happens. If the Badgers get an early lead they turn into an unstoppable juggernaut, so it's possible. If MSU keeps the game close, it'll probably come down to the wire again. Bucky's been much less impressive on the road this year, however.

Jacksonville is distracting everyone from the much more immediate possibility of the Vikings moving to LA. Their lease is up at the end of this year, and the new stadium proposals are currently mired in political bickering. The Vikings want it one place, the politicians want it somewhere else, and a fair number of the public don't want it at all if they have to pay for it.

I'm adding Sabirah to the list of potential NMA Fantasy Football players for next year. :wink:

Jacksonville is only the fourth or fifth most likely team to move. They actually have a stadium and a very tough to lease to get out of, plus a new owner who at least seems committed to staying. Oakland, San Diego and Minnesota do not. Buffalo moves up the list once Ralph Wilson dies.

Sabirah said:
But isn't that the point of all teams :P. I know I won't be satisfied in the realm of sports I care about until the mets win a world series (It will happen eventually, just give them time 8-) )
There's dissatisfied, and then there's Jets fan dissatisfied.

UniversalWolf said:
I'm adding Sabirah to the list of potential NMA Fantasy Football players for next year. :wink:

I'll either lose in the first round, or somehow win the whole thing out of pure luck :lol:

Packers run the table at this point. SB rematch, drub the Steelers something fierce this time. And you know this... man.

An undefeated team with a juggernaut offense and a meh defense just beat the New York Giants 38-35. I feel an NFC Championship rematch ending in a 17-14 win for the Giants coming up.

Not likely, they needed a signature Favre OT INT to win the last NFCC in Lambeau. Last month of this season is a cakewalk for the Packers, plenty of time to prepare for another bye, two home games in Lambeau in Jan. and a SB in a dome. It's a done deal.

G-men still have to play Dallas twice to decide their division.

a meh defense
Huh? Patriots were 4th in scoring and yards, Packers allow a slutty 400 yards a game, although they are wicked larcenous.

Back