NFL 2011

Yeah, the Packers D isn't in that neighborhood either. I doubt it will thwart them. Defense doesn't really matter much anyway.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Yeah, the Packers D isn't in that neighborhood either. I doubt it will thwart them. Defense doesn't really matter much anyway.
I think the best chance to beat the Packers is by trying to win a track meet shootout with them. That's what's come closest this year. That means Saint or Pats are the biggest threat. Pressure on Rodgers plus running the ball doesn't work because pressure doesn't affect him like it does normal QBs, and running all the time doesn't put up enough points.

I want to say KC could be a trap game, but it's Tyler Palko. The Bears with Hanie. Lions on the last game of the regular season? Maybe. Of course they haven't won in Lambeau in almost two decades. That game will probably be inconsequential for the playoffs too.

Gotta love the Ol' Gunslinger planting the rumor that he would listen if the Bears made him an offer.

Montee Ball = token invite to the Heisman ceremony.

UniversalWolf said:
Pressure on Rodgers plus running the ball doesn't work because pressure doesn't affect him like it does normal QBs

My very favorite stat on Rodgers is that he is better under pressure/out of the pocket than otherwise. LOVE that stat.

lol-manning-troll.jpg

That says a lot more about what the teams' GM and HC actually did to prepare/respond to losing their starter, than speculating about what either QB could've done.

Cimmerian Nights said:
That says a lot more about what the teams' GM and HC actually did to prepare/respond to losing their starter, than speculating about what either QB could've done.
It says that Peyton Manning's team is shit compared to Brady's.

Sander said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
It says that Peyton Manning's team is shit compared to Brady's.
You mean Luck's team.

Holy fuck, Bucs, how embarrassing can it get? You made BLAINE FUCKING GABBERT look competent.

Also, Tebow is an expert troll.

suck for luck is 15 minutes ago on the net --- whiffin' for griffin is where it's at.

also, I would like someone to answer this question for me, as I'm an ignorant pats fan --------
every goddamn time they mention the pats, and that's quite a bit, they are ripping our "32nd ranked defense" (yards allowed) which couldn't possibly go deep in the playoffs.

now, these same motherfuckers seem to consider green bay unbeatable, and a superbowl lock, while have the fucking 31st ranked defense (yards allowed)!!

how does that work??

ps

TEBOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eom said:
how does that work??
With the exception of Kyle Arrington, who's pretty good, the rest of the backfield is converted WRs, special teamers, and street FAs who just signed weeks ago. They don't compare at all with Woodson & co.
Plus the Packers never trail in the 4th, they build up big leads, and they trade yards for time.

The Packers are so good it's boring. Thanks for giving me that scrimmage as my one late game, 31-0 at half while Tebow is forcing OT.

Patriots Defense are total sluts, and I apologize preemptively since they're going to let Tebow have career numbers next week.

Seriously, the Pats started Niko freaking Koutouvides. That dude can't play. He's terrible. And then they started two more receivers. How ridiculous is that?

That said, it's not like the Packers have a good defense.

Psshh....back in the 40s everybody played two ways ----- the nfl is cyclical.

And what do you mean your 'onlyjunk late game'?
Can't you just stream another game?

They won a SB with Troy Brown starting as CB, and IIRC he was 1st or 2nd on the team with INTs. In fairness, Edelman really is the best tackler in the 2ndary. You can't really expect much better from that personnel.

Also, Tebow is an expert troll.
Tebow_Bears-480x271.jpg

Just be thankful he hasn't lost on this recent run. The tearful, 'you're never going to see anybody play as hard...' type speeches are even more insufferable than him winning.

Be prepared for him to put up three bills on the Pats secondary.

Packers defense looked pretty solid against Oakland, even with backup ILBs. I haven't been too concerned about it because they can play well when they need to. Still, it would be nice if Zombo was healthy, or if So'oto got a chance to play. They give up all those yards because they're always trying to jump routes, they're always blitzing, and because the other team is always trying to air it out in order to keep up.

I'm on the Tebow bandwagon now for the first time just because he's irritating so many people. He's God's Little Gadfly. :mrgreen:

UniversalWolf said:
They give up all those yards because they're always trying to jump routes, they're always blitzing, and because the other team is always trying to air it out in order to keep up.
Yeah, every team w/a competent enough QB is the fucking Colts now. Great. Make me root for the eventual AFC North champs why doncha.

How many guys are going to break Marino's record this year? Silly.

I'm on the Tebow bandwagon now for the first time just because he's irritating so many people.
Especially the self-appointed football intelligentsia. Sure he sucks, but look around the league at who else is starting and tell me there's not a place for him in the NFL.

And he's not nearly as annoying as the hysteria the media whips up around him. Frankly, southern evangelical neo-cons creep me out, but he's too damn squeaky clean perfect to hate on without coming off like a bitter, jealous douche. He's even out-trolled Brady's metrosexual schtick. If you want 32 teams, you're going to get Tim Tebow quality starting QBs, that's just the way it is.

Perfect spot for him is Jacksonville.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Yeah, every team w/a competent enough QB is the fucking Colts now. Great.
'Member a couple of years ago in the preseason when the Colts were having a tantrum about the new positioning of the refs? Yeah, nobody else does either.

I don't think the Packers are built much like the Colts were. The defense is completely different, for one thing, and beyond being pass-first-run-third the offense is different too. It's built on having lots of different receivers who've all been on the team in the same system for multiple years. There are so damn many you simply can't cover them all.

I don't think McCarthy originally set out to build the team this way either. It just so happened that if he put his best players on the field most of them were WRs, so he rolled with it.

The passing this year is nuts though. It started with the lockout, plus the sissy rule changes. I expect a regression to the mean next year. Hopefully.

Back