NFL 2011

Cimmerian Nights said:
If you want 32 teams, you're going to get Tim Tebow quality starting QBs, that's just the way it is.
I can't hear you through all the WAH WAH WAAAAAAH.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Perfect spot for him is Jacksonville.
lol no.

UniversalWolf said:
I don't think the Packers are built much like the Colts were. The defense is completely different, for one thing, and beyond being pass-first-run-third the offense is different too. It's built on having lots of different receivers who've all been on the team in the same system for multiple years. There are so damn many you simply can't cover them all.
That sounds exactly like the Colts, actually.

But the Packer defense is capable of much better things. They proved so last year.

Cimmerian Nights said:
How many guys are going to break Marino's record this year? Silly.

That was mostly the lockout. Offenses have slowed down since, to no one's surprise.

Anyway, it's Brady, Rodgers and Brees on pace for that. Not exactly bad quarterbacks.

UniversalWolf said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
Yeah, every team w/a competent enough QB is the fucking Colts now. Great.
'Member a couple of years ago in the preseason when the Colts were having a tantrum about the new positioning of the refs? Yeah, nobody else does either.

oh, I remember that -- and I remember manning deliberately fucking with them to make his point.

Sander said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
If you want 32 teams, you're going to get Tim Tebow quality starting QBs, that's just the way it is.
I can't hear you through all the WAH WAH WAAAAAAH.
huh? You're reading into some kind of drama that's not there.
Tebow in the NFL provides a great source of amusement for me.

Sander said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
Perfect spot for him is Jacksonville.
lol no.
Sure it is.
Look, he's never going to be a "good" QB, but he is a very popular QB. He is a god there, and they have an attendance issue.
It's a business move. But it's not like he'd hamper their great tradition of winning either.

BN said:
Anyway, it's Brady, Rodgers and Brees on pace for that. Not exactly bad quarterbacks.
I don't know that it really means anything. For reasons beyond the lockout, Marino played in a much tougher era. What does passing that mean today?

Cimmerian Nights said:

Tebow is a bad player. I don't enjoy watching bad players.

Cimmerian Nights said:
I don't know that it really means anything. For reasons beyond the lockout, Marino played in a much tougher era. What does passing that mean today?

Yes? What is this, baseball? Since when have records meant anything in the NFL?

You know, the sack record is likely to fall too this year. And this time it won't be a fake one.

Brother None said:
Cimmerian Nights said:

Tebow is a bad player. I don't enjoy watching bad players.
In that regard, he's got a lot of company in the NFL though doesn't he? In fairness, I've never bothered to watch the first 50 minutes of any of his games. It's not his quarterbacking prowess that amuses me. It's the comical ineptitude, the Ned Flanders on steroids vibe and the chagrin he elicits in the know-it-alls.

I really can't remember in my lifetime an era where there were so many ill-prepared, "physical", scrambling QBs coming into the NFL. I know the NFL has wanted more offense for years, but Vince Young, Tim Tebow and Denard Robinson aren't going to get it done (they can't play the Patriot's secondary every week).

For shame NMA, attention-whore enablers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sander said:
Packers lose, Colts win. I can only lollerball.
Up is Down and Down is Up!

Now we can stop all this silly "Can they go undefeated?" jibber-jabber.

The Pats are setting Tebow up for his biggest miracle comeback yet!

---

In case you hadn't noticed, the above is a poem. Including this line.

Hope he's not a Mets fan too. Santonio Holmes couldn't be a better captain for that team. After fumbling twice, down 28-3 w/4mins left, he draws a taunting foul on a TD. That's the Jets in a nutshell.

Let the Battle for NY hype begin! Pretty much a playoff game too.
UniversalWolf said:
Now we can stop all this silly "Can they go undefeated?" jibber-jabber.
It's a pretty admirable accomplishment, but, you don't automatically hear the '72 Dolphins come in GOAT talk either. There are worse ways to go 18-1.

What's up with the Packers O-line now? Will the playoffs be more than just footage filler for the Packers "3 Games to Glory" DVD?

Barring Patrick Chung doing a Bob Sanders '06 comeback wrecking ball routine, I hold few illusions about the Patriots. I hope the 2006 Colts doesn't become the NFL blueprint going forward.

eom said:
btw who came up with this retarded thursday night football on saturday idea??
They do that because ESPN owns the rights to the brand Saturday Night Football.

That sounds like ESPN, buy the rights to something that has never existed only to prevent someone else from calling a football game played on saturday by Saturday night Football.

That shows you the ESPN mentality, that branding is more of a priority than content or substance.

I know it's been a gradual change, but at what point did ESPN just become like the People Magazine or Entertainment Tonight of sports programming?

Cimmerian Nights said:
That sounds like ESPN, buy the rights to something that has never existed only to prevent someone else from calling a football game played on saturday by Saturday night Football.

That shows you the ESPN mentality, that branding is more of a priority than content or substance.
Except they do use it. It's what they use for the college football games at 8PM on Saturdays.

College football season is over, and the only teams that play that late on a Sat. are Mormons and Hawaiians and other assorted west coast lunatics.

Cimmerian Nights said:
What's up with the Packers O-line now?
Well, losing Sherrod is not the end of the world. They'd been working him into the game slowly over the past few weeks, but he wasn't a starter yet. It affects the depth though, since Newhouse would normally be the primary backup for both tackles. Bulaga's injury doesn't sound too bad. He might miss the game this weekend, but he might not. Luckily Chad Clifton seems like he's on track to return for the playoffs, or maybe even sooner.

If Clifton is not back yet, and Bulaga can't play, then Lang moves from LG to LT (which he's played before, and did fairly well), and Dietrich-Smith plays LG. Newhouse would play RT. It's a beercan-and-bailing-wire solution, but it's not horrible because none of those guys would be manning positions they've never played before. Another injury this weekend would make things tougher.

The way things stand now, the o-line should be fine for the playoffs.

I notice GB signed a tackle named Herb Taylor to replace Sherrod, so he'd be next in line, I assume. If he was on Ted's secret list, there must be something good about him.

An undefeated season would have been nice, but as I'm sure you can attest it's not so wonderful if you don't win the Super Bowl, so meh.

Back