NFL 2012 !!

I'm quite satisfied with Nick Perry. Sounds like they're envisioning him as a OLB, but he could add a little weight and play DE too. He's from Detroit so he knows what winter is too.

Cimmerian Nights said:
1st round is a lot more dynamic with the rookie pay scale, good stuff.
It was a frenzy. Some teams had itchy trigger fingers and made questionable moves, while others made savvy moves.

Sander said:
Renegadexss said:
Yea all the money the NFL makes off of people already you think they would see stadiums as an investment.
They do. But if they have the choice between building one themselves or getting $700M in public funding, guess which one they'll choose?
They always want 49% public money: as much as they can get without giving up any ownership rights to the property. Zygi should have to pay back the 49% if and when he sells the team.

Of course the Vikings could save millions of dollars if they would man-up and build an outdoor stadium without a roof, but then their widdwe toesies would get cold.

Renegadexss said:
That sucks don't know too much about the packers as im not a fan but maybe the plan to replace in the draft depends on what you have behind Woodson at cb if it's worth while to.
Woodson to safety would work. Tramon Williams and Sam Shields would be the starting corners with Bush as the nickle. Bush can't cover, but he can blitz and tackle. I think they have other decent corner prospects on team too. The Packers have a size requirement for corners. They never draft any much below 6'0" 200lbs.

this should be called tyler perry's nfl draft

edit: lol pats fans are outraged by wilson.

never heard of him, but I never heard of any of these dudes

I hope Upshaw plays well with him on the other side opposite Suggs the Ravens D is looking better and better.

I liked the "punters are people too" lol

Love Ted's draft again this year. Uncharacteristically aggressive, but very sound with all the picks they had.

That kid Anger better be the second coming of Ray Guy.

When Mike Sherman was the Packers coach and GM (because I can't rip on Mike Sherman enough), he traded up to get a punter in the 4th: BJ Sander. And he sucked.

Tampa's draft seems pretty nice to me. I watched Lavonte David play a few times last year and he looked fantastic. He was the best player on the whole Nebraska team from what I saw. I didn't pay any attention to his pre-draft workouts because he doesn't fit the Packers scheme at all, but he's perfect for Tampa's D.

TarJax is done in Seattle. He's now the third best QB on the team. He should have some trade value as a decent backup with lots of starter experience. Not a lot, but some.

Per CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the 49ers, Jets, and Ravens all would have taken Bruce Irvin in the first round had he made it to their pick.
Those are some pretty good-drafting teams. Profootballtalk.com reported late Thursday that as many as seven teams had Irvin as a top-15 overall player on their draft boards.

Yeah, stinks of spin to me. I like the pick well enough anyway. Very direct answer to our biggest need.

Hell, we went front 7 and DB depth pretty much the entire draft. Which makes sense to me, it's where the Hawks can make the biggest jump. O will remain contingent on QB.

Speaking of, I love the Wilson pick. Not high odds of panning out, but a fascinating experiment.

yeah, we actually went d on almost every pick, too, which isn't a huge surprise, plus add dowling and gregory.
I'm superpsyched about our draft, but i feel like that every year.

Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln (NE).
Dennard was allegedly fighting a man outside a bar around 2:15 AM, and "pushed and then punched one officer in the face" when police intervened. Per the police report, it took four officers to take Dennard into custody. He's facing charges of third-degree assault on an officer and resisting. Considered a likely day-two pick, it's quite possible Dennard just pushed himself to deep into day three, and perhaps even out of the draft altogether.

Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick.

According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is a "hot commodity" just three days before the draft.
Lombardi says NFL teams have rated Jones highly "for quite some time," and mock drafts are just beginning to catch up. (Lombardi's latest mock has Jones going to the Eagles at No. 15.) Lombardi points to Jones' performance against Boston College LT Anthony Castonzo two years ago in the ACC. Jones is tentatively now expected to be drafted between the Nos. 10 and 20 overall picks.

In a poll conducted by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Alabama's Dont'a Hightower was the only middle linebacker other than Luke Kuechly to draw votes from scouts of 4-3 teams.
Hightower drew the lone first-place vote that didn't go to the Boston College star and finished with 26 points to Kuechly's 35 among 3-4 scouts at inside linebacker. Other scouts believe Hightower's best position will be strong-side outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. "If Hightower does thin down, he's going to make whoever drafts him smart," one personnel man said. "If he doesn't, and he goes the other way and gets fat, he will be a bust."

eom said:
yeah, we actually went d on almost every pick, too, which isn't a huge surprise, plus add dowling and gregory.

Packers did more or less the same. I respect the approach. Identify the problem and just beat it into submission. It gets so crowded you'll have to churn hard and separate wheat from the chaff, but as methods of addressing problems go, you could do worse.

eom said:
Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln (NE).
Dennard was allegedly fighting a man outside a bar around 2:15 AM, and "pushed and then punched one officer in the face" when police intervened. Per the police report, it took four officers to take Dennard into custody. He's facing charges of third-degree assault on an officer and resisting. Considered a likely day-two pick, it's quite possible Dennard just pushed himself to deep into day three, and perhaps even out of the draft altogether.

There's someone in the Pats organization -- I don't know whether it's BB or not -- who starts shouting "OPPORTUNITY!" whenever he sees a story like this. ;)

FWIW, I never saw anything special from Dennard when I watched Nebraska last year. I'm not sure why he was ever so highly regarded in the first place unless he looked better two years ago than he did last year.

Brother None said:
Packers did more or less the same.
I think of it this way, at least for the Packers: how many rookies would actually have a chance to make the team? On offense...maybe a lineman...maybe a running back, but both would have to be pretty good. They already have so many WRs and TEs they can't fit them all on the roster. On defense there are definitely more opportunities to find a spot.

I think Wilson has Doug Flutie potential upside and his floor is competent backup. His bust potential is low. Flutie's from before your time, but he was pretty damn good. He would go out and play great and then whatever team he was with would try to upgrade at QB because he was short. The Rodney Dangerfield of QBs.

Yeah, didn't he go to canada and win the grey cup, or whatever it is up there?

Height is where that comparison begins and ends. Flutie won the Heisman and left BC as the most prolific passer in NCAA history - Flutie is a college football immortal. I remember reading SI reports back in the day about how he was like the Joe Montana of the CFL, smashing every passing record, winning championships etc., it was always mildly curious but nobody really cared or was sure why - like how Hasselhoff was supposed to be a pop star in Germany. Is he? Germany? yeah anyway...

For all the Wilson/Flynn talk, isn't Jackson going to be the Day 1 starter? Fun is.

Cimmerian Nights said:
For all the Wilson/Flynn talk, isn't Jackson going to be the Day 1 starter? Fun is.

Could be, yeah. It's not that clear-cut in Seattle, and it shouldn't be. Jackson's got height on Wilson and athleticism on Flynn, and experience (in this system and in general) on both. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jackson start, but am kind of expecting it to be Flynn. Wilson seems like a long shot.

I'm not paying any attention to this crap and I'm still gonna beat all of you (especially eom) like a baby harp seal come FF season.

Just sayin'...

DammitBoy said:
I'm not paying any attention to this crap and I'm still gonna beat all of you (especially eom) like a baby harp seal come FF season.

Just sayin'...
I wouldn't be paying any attention either if I were a Saints guy.

UniversalWolf said:
DammitBoy said:

Just sayin'...
I wouldn't be paying any attention either if I were a Saints guy.

lol

Damn Suggs might be done for the season.

Back