NMA Podcast Round 6 - Nuka World

So how do these podcast things work anyway? For a newbie?

Since I'm explaining it for you, I'll use this post as a means to detail everything coming up later today.

First, you must have TeamSpeak's Client software installed on your machine. It'll let you access the server we're using to record and host the podcast on. (I'll be on at about 12:00 p.m. CST, just to ready things for everyone else before we actually start around 1:00 p.m.)

The specific server has an address: ts56.gameservers.com:9108. It also has a password: NMA. (I had to set one up to keep out the Russian kids who were using the server as a chatroom without my permission.)

Once you're in, if you have no mic of your own, you can use the textbox to type in what you want to say and I'll read it out. Otherwise, set up a Push-To-Talk button; Voice Recognition is not one of TeamSpeak's strong suits.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, this is for everyone who reads this, these are the topics we're going to cover.

- Nuka World
- Our opinions on Fallout 4 now that all the DLC is out
- Lore Screw-Ups
- The "No Mods for PS4" news

Others we may touch on:

- The coming No Mutants Allowed Review of Fallout 4
- The future of the podcast

If you've participated in the podcast before, or want to now, come on in.

I think I have completed my list for Nuka World. Its almost three pages long. My feelings at the end of making this list can be summed up by this one image I made:
Nuka Crap.jpg

I played Nuka World for 10 minutes, thought fuck this.

Once again, it had another family set up (although this one was a lie).

Downloaded the software, bought a microphone, and found a quiet place in the house. :)

Ready to discuss the best DLC of Fallout history!

Last edited:
I'll be ready for this shit in about 10 minutes or so.
Pre warning, I have a cold so I may be coughing

Just to throw this out here, as a modder, the idea of DLC-like or DLC-size mod has been perverted by Fallout 4. In Skyrim, whether you like the game or not, DLC size suggests hours or game-play, quests, worlds, characters. Fallout 4 DLC size means approximately 30 minutes of note quests and copying of cells, 4th wall breakage, like the rest of the game.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16423/?
Fusion City Rising - Quest Mod Plus

On a plus size it shows the sad future of Fallout 4's dying modding scene, soon enough there will be no heart beat.

I really had a lot of fun on this podcast. Lots of good discussion of the fizziest place on Earth, Bethesda business practices, DLC, how much certain games sucked, and choice in video games.

Highlights of the conversation:

* A discussion of why I thought Mothership Zeta was AWESOME. Others disagreed.
* Ranger Boo's extensive anti-Nuka World list which constantly got interrupted
* A discussion of how Bethesda was stealing from the Modding community
* Talk about how @RangerBoo was in a popular NV mod
* Talk about the culture of Raiders in Fallout and whether or not they should still exist
* Talk about how Thief (2014) was garbage
* Talk about how Dawnguard was pretty good but how Dragonborn was garbage
* Whether it was awesome or not to have Nuka Cola weapons and armor
* Whether it was awesome or not to have Sierra Petrovita return.
* Lore breaks from the original series
* Being forced into being a Raider or having the DLC be 20 minutes long
* My bringing up all of the little references to Disneyland in Nuka World
* A discussion of whether the monorail was a reference to Half-Lfe or the Disneyland monorail
* A discussion of why I thought the Hubologists returning was AWESOME. Others disagreed.
* A discussion of whether Bethesda expected fans to finish their games for them.
* Talk about Oswald and the nature of Feral Ghouls.
* The gambreaking nature of the Gatorclaw synthesizer
* Gary....Gary...GARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
* Slow zombies vs. Fast zombies (Slow Zombies ftw)
* A discussion of where the podcast should go from here.
* The linearity of Nuka World vs. the fact you can choose a (mostly) peaceful route in it.
* Cito's relationship to Tarzan
* The DLC's disconnect from the main game and how you couldn't side with the Raiders to destroy the Institute.
* The Shroud's relationship to the Shadow.
* The fact the DLC ends with slaughtering the entirety of the Commonwealth you built up after a forced good period.
* Bethesda vs. Sony for who was responsible for mods not being available for the PS.

A couple of things I regret not being able to cover:

* Redeye as the greatest Raider ever
* Porter Gage
* The Grandchester Mystery Mansion

Last edited:
Back