No more DLCs?

13pm

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
While Fallout 3 website clearly states that Mothership Zeta is the final DLC for the game, you can never be confident when you're talking about Bethesda. So everyone wants a confirmation. Here it goes. Kind of..

Joystiq reports: <blockquote>Bethesda says "never say 'never,' but this is the last DLC we have planned."</blockquote>It really feels like déjà vu. So maybe we'll see more aliens abducting samurais.

Link: Joystiq: Mothership Zeta is 'final' Fallout 3 DLC.

Awww, I'll be disappointed.
C'mon Beth, it really has been fun hearing dork saying "IT'S OKAY, FALLOUTS ALREADY HAD ALIENS!!".
I'm waiting for new DLC, Godzilla's Revenge. IT'LL BE OKAY BECAUSE FALLOUT ALREADY HAD GIANT FOOTPRINTS!

I am not really believing Beth's this announcement. They still have 1 more DLC wort of MS points in the X-Brick.
I wouldn't put it past them to prepare another "last" DLC or stuffpack for a holiday seasion .

while I enjoy fallout 3, zeta really sucked, it focused too much around combat which ....being based on dice rolls for aiming, really makes for a boring 2 hour shooter....., its got a few science and repair checks but it basically like "the library" level from halo 1, where you feel like its the same level stuff over and over and over again for two hours.

Id rank the DLC : Broken Steel, Point Lookout, The Pitt, Mothership Zeta, and Operation Anchorage (zeta only gets the nod over anchorage for the pretty cool "set piece" style finale).

Still though I would have rather all the dlc been more quests/random encounters/ story expansion within the base wasteland for fallout 3, not these "arenas" that load off on their own.

Oh well time for the modders to wrangle it all under control and await some New Vegas hype, which reminds me shouldn't we be getting something since its a little over a year away? Isnt that when we got Fallout 3 teasers?

Ausir said:
They said it already in the Polygamia interview:

But while you never say never, I think it's safe to say Zeta will be the last DLC for Fallout 3.

I think they've said it before multiple times, but it's good to be reminded of it. It makes sense for them to stop - at least with major DLCs (I could see them create some smaller itempacks) - and focus on TES V, while leaving Fallout-related hype focused on New Vegas.

Well maybe they'll start patching the damn game now, the amount of bugs present is astonishing.

Ravager69 said:
Well maybe they'll start patching the damn game now, the amount of bugs present is astonishing.

i really wish quarn would release his next unofficial patch, the bugs they fixed in oblivion are staggering, and I think(hope) he was just waiting for all the dlc to be finished.

I could see them create some smaller itempacks

Yeah, especially given that it's the items, perks and stuff like that that FO3 fans are the most excited about anyway.

Ausir said:
Yeah, especially given that it's the items, perks and stuff like that that FO3 fans are the most excited about anyway.

Ay, I still want to dress my character as a fearsome pirate, with pegleg, hook and mutant parrot, ahhrrrr

Or a James Bondian like secret agent, swooming the post apocalypse gals while taking on megalomaniacs bent on taking over the world with doomsday devices.

But seriously, come on, all they want is stupid hats and dresses to make their characters look pretty while they wander around aimlessly in the wasteland?

I am still not sure why X-Brick cannot support modding. (other than forcing the players to buy those said mods under the name of dlc or whatever) Sure it can be used for cheating but who the hell cares for that in SP games?

well letz shure hope so, Bethesda really did more then enough damage with those DLCs to Fallout. A lot more then F3 ever could (or did)

Alphadrop said:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Captive_Recording

Scroll down to the captive log 17. You find Chase's coat next to it (well you would if they hadn't mucked it up) and yes it does point towards the aliens firing the nukes.

(Alien Babble)

Our defenses consist of 3 battalions of light infantry, 34
pieces of field artillery, 108 armored vehicles and 42
aerial vehicles.
(Alien Babble)
We have 38 ICBM's always on alert and ready to fire when
the word is passed down from the White House.
(Alien Babble)
The codes to activate the launch sequences are... are...
uhhngh.... no... I can't let you... uggh... get out of my mind!
(Alien Babble)
Agggh! The c-codes... are... ugh.... no... I can't betray... AGH!
My head! I can't... won't... AGGGGH! agggh...

I find it strange that Mothership Zeta is the last Fallout 3 DLC. I thought they would release a last one to close the remaining plot threads like the Enclave troops and the misterious Super Mutants.

Did they just imply that the Aliens were the ones who started the war? WTF is this shit.

Back