Old(er) games that deserve a remake/sequel

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by DirtyDreamDesigner, May 23, 2005.

1. Lazarus Plus

Lazarus Plus The smoovest

Apr 1, 2005
    Oh, another great game just occured to me:

Grandest Fleet.

Man, I played that game against one of my friends for hours at a time. A full remake would be so awesome.

2. Hellion

Hellion Antediluvian Lurker

Jun 20, 2003
    "The Ancient Art of War" and "Ancient Art of War At Sea" games. I still consider the sieges in the first and ship-to-ship battles in the second to be the most epic war scenes ever made for the PC :D

3. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    Death Gate

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines

4. Claw

Claw Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 18, 2004
    Ratty said Syndicate, and damn was he right.

Also, Realms of Arkania.

5. Hovercar Madness

Hovercar Madness Still Mildly Glowing

May 11, 2004
    Definitely New Horizons.

If only Koei would take a break from churning out endless Dynasty Warriors sequels and start making remakes of Djengiz Khan and New Horizons.

Ah well, it will never be.

6. Jammet

Jammet Leopardster

May 30, 2005
    Deus Ex 3.
    And this time it ought to be more the way the first game was. Complex, lengthy, oozing Warren Spectors sweat everywhere.

A real and final chapter to Ultima.
    Make it SINGLEplayer. Come on, the storyline of Ascension was cut so they could reuse old CGI rendering scenes. Yes they cut it so that they could wrap the story about rendered scenes which were totally forgettable. Okay, so EA forced them to do a rush job. I've read the whole uncut storyline that was originally intended for this game and that one would've been a lot better indeed.

Okay, the next one is cheesy but I really like the older Willy Beamish adventure and would've loved to play a sequel to that one.

While we're at it, Wizardry 8 was great! Wish there was more.

7. Lazarus Plus

Apr 1, 2005
    I heard some rumour that another New Horizons was made, but only released in Japan.

Also, a rumour about New Horizons MMO.

Wish they were true, but I don't know.

8. Hovercar Madness

Hovercar Madness Still Mildly Glowing

May 11, 2004
    :shock:

I did not know that. I mean, the MMO I couldn't give a rats ass about, but the other NH sounds pretty interesting.

Just to make sure though, you are aware that New Horizons already was a sequel (Uncharted Waters 2)?

9. Lazarus Plus

Apr 1, 2005
    Indeed.

I got to get around to playing the original sometime.

10. Pajari

Pajari Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2005
    Hell yes. The second DX was a huge letdown.

Also, let me second Alpha Centauri for the fourth or fifth time. I can not say enough good things about that game.

And, Half-Life Source is a half-assed remake of the original. Nothing except the water was changed. I would kill for a decent remake of that game using the source engine to it's full potential.

Also, there were a few really old DOS or Mac strategy games I'd like to see re-done, such as Balance of Power and Hidden Agenda.

11. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2005
    Actually I am glad that it is not getting a sequal.

They really dropped the ball on Brotherhood of Steel, it is the worst Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance engined game I have played, and I have played ALL of them.

If they do another console Fallout game, they should not make it an action game. They should just make it a Final Fantasy Tactics styled for the gameplay.

12. Xavierblazer

Xavierblazer Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 30, 2005
    Someones sarcastic detector is busted...

Does anyone remember that Bevis and Butthead game for Genesis where the GWAR tickets were run over by a lawnmower and you had to go throughout the game and think up clever ways to get the ticket pieces back? Seriously, that would make a great remake. No FPS or 3d crap though.

13. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2005
    Yea, I wasn't too sure though. I actually know people that LIKE the game. I'm so confused.

14. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Just to put it in perspective for you, someone liking FO:BOS on this board is like someone wearing a sign in prison that says "ASS RAPE ME PLEASE"

15. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I sure did like FBOS......*bends over* :D

16. Lazarus Plus

Apr 1, 2005
    Guess what I'm not doing? Touching you with a ten-foot pole.

17. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    What about a 11 foot pole??

18. Dapper Dan Man

Dapper Dan Man Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Orderite

Oct 6, 2004
    I don't see how you assume Final Fantasy Tactics was a *bad* game.

19. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Who the hell are you talking to?

Back on topic:

Yoshi's Island for GBA. the grafics are great for GBA. I know that it is already a remake, but it deserves to be remade on the DS.

20. Dapper Dan Man

Dapper Dan Man Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Orderite

Oct 6, 2004
    You and Phoenix, as was outlined in the post several above this one about making Fallout into an FFT-style game, and joking about said idea.

Pay attention sometimes.