Old(er) games that deserve a remake/sequel

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by DirtyDreamDesigner, May 23, 2005.

1. slamelov

slamelov Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    Outcast
    Flashback
    Arcanum
    Planescape Torment
    King of Dragon Pass
    Dark Sun
    Deus Ex (Invisible War does not count)
    Yager
    I-War 2: Edge of Chaos
    Ultima Online
    Frontier Elite

2. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    Magic Carpet - I can't believe such a cool and unique series like Magic Carpet was just left to die. :(

Wild Wheels - Football with cars :> This game rocked so hard, i wouldn't mind seeing a remake/sequel.

Syndicate - Another Bullfrog franchise rotting in a grave.

Master of Magic - I can see some people mentioned this one already, and rightly so, this game owns, and deserves some sort of successor.

Elite/Frontier/Frontier:FE - Yes, i am aware of the existence of the X series, but the whole atmosphere, freedom and sheer size of gameplay world was lost somewhere. :s

MissionForce: Cyberstorm - Not many cool tb strategy games revolving around mechs, and among them, MF:C is one of the best. A proper sequel or remake most welcome. While we're with this franchise, i wouldn't mind another game in the Earthsiege series. Tribes is just not the same. :/

Shogo: M.A.D - More mechs :> This FPS was just so terribly cool. My penis grew at least a few cm's each time i sat at the wheel of a Predator, stomping those little people beneath my mighty steel foot.

3. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    Wasteland - New graphics and improved combat/encounter system. No paragraph book.
    Fallout - Higher resolution graphics in the same style, 3d sound, improved combat (stances, cover, no AC for armor) an optional game mode in which there wouldn't be bonus hitpoints on level (on creatures too), more content, extreme moddability and a full modding toolset.
    X-Com 3: Apocalypse - Higher resolution graphics in the same style, 3d sound, no RTwP mode, improved turn based combat, Ufo style weapon damage, game actually finished.

4. slamelov

slamelov Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    It had a sequel called Syndicate Wars. Anyway, a masterpiecel

5. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    Aye, i know that, but Syndicate Wars was released roughly 11 years ago. :E And indeed, both games were superb, that's why i'd like to see this series resurrected.

6. Mungrul

Mungrul First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2007
    Rebel Star (which, by the way, has a rather spiffy GBA sequel; TB-ISO portable goodness galore).
    An up-to-date PC version with 3D graphics and a floating camera would rock hard.

7. FeelTheRads

FeelTheRads Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 15, 2004
    No. Just no.

Torment is one of a kind game. It's unique. There is no need for a sequel. A sequel would be absurd.

Now, a RPG in the Planescape universe is another thing. That I would like to see.

8. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    Planescape Torment - With higher resolution, turn based combat and combat rules from Player's Option: Combat & Tactics and full AD&D rules regarding spellbooks, different types of coins, more sensible inventory, etc.

9. Nology5890

Nology5890 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 22, 2006
    Remember, Brian Fargo did mention something about a sequel to Wasteland, around a week ago, in fact.

10. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Arcanum
    Sacrifice
    Day of the Tentacle
    Outcast
    Max Payne
    Outlaws
    Jagged Alliance
    Creatures
    Carmageddon

11. Bulderbak

Bulderbak First time out of the vault

May 1, 2007
    Does the graphics and combat matter so much when the best time you could have in Torment is while reading?

:clap:

12. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    This is a ridiculous note. Just because the focus (and most fun) of the game is on one thing, doesn't mean that the rest of the game should be crap.
    Torment had pretty bad combat and a pretty bad interface, although artistically the interface was great. So yes, they should be improved.

13. Bulderbak

Bulderbak First time out of the vault

May 1, 2007
    Yes, I agree with this as long as the rest of the game it is indeed crap. But, for example, do you really think that Planescape Torment has crappy graphics? I am replaying it right now and...I don't know, it looks good to me.

I find the interface to be ok, I got used with it pretty fast and it doesn't bother me in any way, but maybe this is just a matter of personal preference. As for the combat, I am with you, it is kinda bad. Nevertheless, these things should have been improved or done differently back then, but to see now a sequel for this game it is still something I wouldn't mind missing.
    On the other hand, as FTR said, a RPG in Planescape Torment's multiverse would be something interesting.

14. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    Heh, the combat was pretty horrible :) - actually the combat system was the weakest part of all the IE games.

All the Inbred Engine games could use a real combat system and implementation of real AD&D rules.

15. Seraphim Pwns U

Seraphim Pwns U It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 9, 2006
    Wasteland (Thank God I don't have to wish for this one anymore ^_~)
    Full Throttle
    Space Quest 7 (I'm lookin' forward to the official unofficial fan-made SQ7... IIRC, they even have Josh Mandell helping out)
    Any of the AD&D Gold Box games... especially the Dragonlance series.
    Shadowrun (a REAL sequel to the SNES version... not that FPS CSS wannabe)
    Tunnels and Trolls
    Nuclear War
    Blood Bowl

...and I am really shocked some people wanted a Fountain of Dreams sequel... that's, like, askin' for FOBOS 2. :puke:

16. Dauthi

Dauthi First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2007
    -SHOGO! I loved that FPS
    -Shining Force2- Old School RPG Strategy though,not the new shit they tried
    -Silver -Great RPG gameplay wise
    -Zombies ate my neighbors -Jumping on a tramp while a masked chainsaw murderer waits for you to hop off is priceless!
    -Mutant League Hockey
    -Flashback (If anyone has a link to this rom,please share!)
    -Mighty Max for Sega genisis -I loved playing co-op with this game
    -A boy and his blob - Nuff said!
    -POYPOY from PS1
    -Earthworm Jim
    -Commander KEEN!
    -Ikari Warriors -Bad Ass!
    -Legendary Wings -Pewpewpew
    -Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom -Silly name but I loved this game!

17. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Ehm, no, I don't think it has crappy graphics. They're very good, atmospherically. However, I never claimed that the graphics were bad or 'required' updating.

18. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
    Thief (just remake it with spiffy graphics animations same story but extra levels) :) or a new one with that girl .. i dont care :D

Something new in Planescape but dont touch Torment for the love of god dont !

Freespace 2 (superb mods out there - now give us a sequel to that damn freak of an ending .. also new shiny engine please :) )

I-War is a good ideea too

Monkey Island remake 1 & 2 with cartoon graphics but no 3d :) - dont shoot :D

Dont laugh : Outwars

Alpha Centauri maybe tho it was perfect :) .. maybe CIV4 level graphics and a little more diplomacy

a new NOLF maybe ?

[/b]

19. 10mmCurator

10mmCurator Mildly Dipped

Jan 23, 2007
    Buck Rogers: that game they had on Sega Genesis... I woulnt mind a remake of that one.

Syndicate Wars: want a remake of that.

(Lucusfilms) Indiana Jones could use both a remake and a Sequel

Escape Velocity Nova... both remake and sequel

Doom and Duke Nuke'em Forever: Remake

Crusader series could use remakes

Nocturne could also use a remake

Monkey Island could use a remake

World of Xeen could use a remake and a sequel

Darkstone could use a remake and a sequel.

20. 10mmCurator

10mmCurator Mildly Dipped

Jan 23, 2007
    Buck Rogers: that game they had on Sega Genesis... I woulnt mind a remake of that one.

Syndicate Wars: want a remake of that.

(Lucusfilms) Indiana Jones could use both a remake and a Sequel

Escape Velocity Nova... both remake and sequel

Doom and Duke Nuke'em Forever: Remake

Crusader series could use remakes

Nocturne could also use a remake

Monkey Island could use a remake

World of Xeen could use a remake and a sequel

Darkstone could use a remake and a sequel.

Edit
    I realized I forgot Earth 2140... the sprites were damned buggy even with the update patch. If you had more than 30 of one unit the game would crash.