Old(er) games that deserve a remake/sequel

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by DirtyDreamDesigner, May 23, 2005.

1. Xavierblazer

Xavierblazer Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 30, 2005
    I didnt say anything about FFT, I was talking about FO:BOS. But its my mystake. My quote should have ended with:

Actually I am glad that it is not getting a sequal.

2. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    I'm allergic to Final Fantasy. Seriously, mere sight of that linear, overhyped piece of anime crap sends me to anaphylactic shock. Luckily, it's nothing a session of Fallout can't fix.

3. Lich

Lich Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 23, 2004
    I was thinking about made them on Fallout engine as mod

Anyway i want see some day
    Eye of The Beholder 4
    Ishar4

And others RPG, they dont must use 3D graphics like Doom i like this clasic rotate 90 degress

also:

"Tribute to Might and Magic" complete

4. SynthWailer

SynthWailer First time out of the vault

Jul 16, 2004
    Seconding Alpha Centauri (the expansion granted me a little more than weeks of fun) and realms of arkania. I think it's time someone makes a more tactally-oriented fantasy RPG at the level of jagged alliance and silent storm, and if i'm not mistaken, SirTech (developers of JA) were also the developers of the Realms of Arkania series.

and two last words:

Dungeon Keeper.

5. gremmy

gremmy First time out of the vault

Jan 24, 2005
    Star Control II. A PROPER sequel.

6. ratsnack

ratsnack Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 27, 2005
    Flashback... in 2d!

7. Dresnar

Dresnar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 27, 2005
    I guess I'm not old enough really to have played a lot of older games that I would want a remake for. Doom is about the newest remake I've seen and I wasn't all that impressed I guess.

8. Dapper Dan Man

Dapper Dan Man Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Orderite

Oct 6, 2004

As opposed to the hideous original Star Control?

9. duc

duc First time out of the vault

Jun 4, 2005
    Remakes...

Master of Magic and Starflight 2, both games of unparalelled genius (starflight 3 the fanmde sequal has been in development for about 10 years). Havent seen anyone else mention either of those.

10. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    *devours Ratsnack happily*

Mmmm... snack...

11. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
    Game sequel that you would like to see....

1. Dark Reign 3.
    Dark Reign came out during the era of Starcraft, Red Alert and Total annihilation (1997). While being the lackluster among them, it has better storyline and tactical gameplay. Memorable unit such as the martyr with they furious battlecry is fun to play with. :D

2. Fallout 3.
    Like most others, I'm skeptic and told others 'Let's wait and see'. After the Game Informer news, my heart was devastator to see one of the most influence game getting gang-raped by Bethesda with they lack of knowledge and attitude of 'we will do what we want!' sicken me.
    Although, if it comes with a modding tool, chances are someone will make a mod with true isometric view, turn-based combat and better storyline. But why do something when it can be done already? :roll:

3. Wasteland 2.
    Well, if this is not like the latest Bard's tale, it could be a spiritual successor of Fallout (ironically, Fallout is the spiritual successor of Wasteland). Only god knows now...

4. Blood 3.
    Blood is a fps game filled with dark-humor (kicking the zombie head , Caleb's taunt and the scream of cultist when they body blew into piles of bio-goo :lol:) back in 1997. Sadly, the ip is own by Sierra which is now by Vivendi (Sierra is disband back in 2004), not by its creator, Monolith production.

5. A WW2 game sets in other places other than Europe.

6. A sci-fi/horror fps shooter. No more 'real-life' based storyline and game weapon. (That's why I still play Unreal till this day.)

7. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 2.
    I dare say the best 4x turn-based game ever. Even thought it was not done by Sid (Bryan Reynold did it).

Commence discussion.

12. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    Re: Game sequel that you would like to see....

Maybe we should petition Bethesda to at least have the decency to include a modification tool with Fallout 3 - so that we may fix their millions of mistakes in creating the game? :wink:

13. Stag

Stag Guest

Deus Ex 2!
    Sims 3. (Which is coming, I'm certain.)
    Fable 2 on PC.
    Rainbow Six: Rise of The Silver Surfer.
    Counter-Strike 2 (Now with 1337 filter!)

14. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    Uh, that already came out.. :?

15. Zaij

Zaij Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah, but it was terrible.

I'm keen on Red Alert 3, as long as the fmvs are done right (over the top acting and so forth).

Transport Tycoon 2 (not locomotion). There seems to be a real lack of those business/management games lately.

Z 2 - because Z was pure awesome.

Then there's the obvious one's like F3, Starcraft 2, etc.

There's a few more, but I just can't think of them at the moment.

16. Stag

Stag Guest

You are aware that Starcraft 2 is set for release in '08?

17. Zaij

Zaij Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Feb 10, 2004
    Yes, just as Fallout 3 is, but that didn't stop zioburosky posting about it.

18. Stag

Stag Guest

Aye.

I think that in terms of genre games, I'd just like a good RPG in the vein of Fallout, KoTOR, maybe even another Fable type game. (I really liked Fable...)

19. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    Merged with an older topic started by the most awesome guy ever.

20. Nology5890

Nology5890 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 22, 2006
    I hear ya, man. When EA started work on CnC3, most of the fanbase thought they were going to make that, or RA3.