Plot Holes of Fallout 4 - Spoilers

It's amazing how much of Fallout 4 I predicted. I told myself, they can't end the game with Liberty Prime again, then thought, it's Bethesda.

Do those people even know who the real Enclave are? Did they bother playing Fallout 2 at all? I doubt they even knew who President Richardson is.

They must know to some extent right? The Enclave in Fallout 3 were so bland (not to mention their armour looked appallingly bad) it's absurd to me that people would want to see more of that rather than at least FO2 Enclave.

EDIT: goddammit I have no idea how quotes work. Whatever.

Quotes work by opening with (QUOTE) but closing with (/QUOTE), but replace the () brackets with [] brackets instead.

Though I didn't find the Enclave armour in Fallout 3 quite as bad as everyone says it is, they were annoyingly portrayed as cliche badguy villains right from the start to the end. And to be fair, I don't think a lot of fans who were introduced with Fallout 3 actually know of the Fallout 2 Enclave.

There's no reason not to have put a bit more of a study into factions before using them, though. Even the simplest of minds appreciates depth. So hopefully if the Enclave ever comes back (which I have no reason to believe they will), then they should be portrayed as they were in Fallout 2 (in terms of cause and style, not strength).

Anyone who's actually simple-minded enough to prefer Fallout 3 Enclave over Fallout 2 Enclave probably can't tell the difference anyways, so apart from having to diverge from laziness, there's nothing to lose from giving a known organisation a bit more depth.

Though I didn't find the Enclave armour in Fallout 3 quite as bad as everyone says it is, they were annoyingly portrayed as cliche badguy villains right from the start to the end. And to be fair, I don't think a lot of fans who were introduced with Fallout 3 actually know of the Fallout 2 Enclave.

There's no reason not to have put a bit more of a study into factions before using them, though. Even the simplest of minds appreciates depth. So hopefully if the Enclave ever comes back (which I have no reason to believe they will), then they should be portrayed as they were in Fallout 2 (in terms of cause and style, not strength).

Anyone who's actually simple-minded enough to prefer Fallout 3 Enclave over Fallout 2 Enclave probably can't tell the difference anyways, so apart from having to diverge from laziness, there's nothing to lose from giving a known organisation a bit more depth.

I agree, and as an (original) Enclave fanboy I would absolutely kill for a new Obsidian Fallout featuring the remnants in Chigago, I was absolutely riveted by ED-Es audio-logs and, as bad as Fallout 3 handled the enclave, the fragmentation of power and the chain of command can lead to VERY interesting stories, in my humble opinion.

Also, I liked this guy's points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXAO_OWSxA

The Institute is a department of the Enclave, I'm calling it.

That actually crossed my mind during play... I mean, who I'd rather join, a zealot bearded teenager, an immortal asshole who thinks he is in 1776, some crazy people who think making robots is the same as enslaving people, or the only semblance of the true government of America in this dump? It's no choice at all!

some crazy people who think making robots is the same as enslaving people
Ehh, I dunno. Gen 3 synths seem pretty sentient to me. Fallout 4 has this thing with robots reaching sentience, or something ridiculously close to it. So they're radical, but not totally bonkers for thinking so.

Ehh, I dunno. Gen 3 synths seem pretty sentient to me. Fallout 4 has this thing with robots reaching sentience, or something ridiculously close to it. So they're radical, but not totally bonkers for thinking so.
I already forgot the 100+ hours I have in fallout 4 but weren't the human synths made from taking the mind of a real person and putting it in the robot

I already forgot the 100+ hours I have in fallout 4 but weren't the human synths made from taking the mind of a real person and putting it in the robot
That's how your fleshlight was made, but the game never really explains how that works. They show you the process of making a synth, and they're basically mostly human. The part they don't tell you is what isn't human, how they can be programmed but have organic brains.

That's how your fleshlight was made, but the game never really explains how that works. They show you the process of making a synth, and they're basically mostly human. The part they don't tell you is what isn't human, how they can be programmed but have organic brains.

LOL at fleshlight, I watched how they made those human synth things but how the fuck does that work?! Are those real bones, muscle tissue, organs, and skin tissue? Do they explain anything?

Twas' playful exaggeration, old chap. They do have a point... Sort of. But their intricate system of "clues" for hiding their "secret" lair didn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Also, from what I remember they are just really advanced bio-engineered synthetic brain/processors. Not true human brains. And they explain VERY little.

Twas' playful exaggeration, old chap. They do have a point... Sort of. But their intricate system of "clues" for hiding their "secret" lair didn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Also, from what I remember they are just really advanced bio-engineered synthetic brain/processors. Not true human brains. And they explain VERY little.
Haha, I only found out about the "clues" afterwards. I found their circle-thing and kept clicking letters until I realized it was a puzzle. Then I guessed the password would be something dumb like Railroad... and I was fucking right. It's really no wonder that the Institute keeps finding their bases.

I think part of the reason synths aren't explained very much is because Bethesda either:

a) Wanted to keep the moral ambiguity of their sentience without justifying their "enslavement" with facts about their anatomy
b) Couldn't be arsed to make new meshes/textures for synth gibs
c) Didn't see the answer in Blade Runner, and were too lazy to think about it themselves
d) All of the above

Quotes work by opening with (QUOTE) but closing with (/QUOTE), but replace the () brackets with [] brackets instead.

Thank you.

I watched the ending where the synth kid popped up and the Railroad (? I think) were getting all morally uppity about it. "How could they make a synthetic child?" I was thinking what's the problem? I suppose if they were made with human parts then yeah, obviously there's a problem.

Is that a thing in Fallout 4? Are people disappearing Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style and re-appearing strangely different?

Sort of, yes. But that's not the only way the Institute works like. And no, they don't use their organs. They just replace them with Synths.

You know, I'd rather join the BOS, they're organised and have a purpose. Also they're relatively effective. The Institute however, has little goals and does little apart from making Synths.

I would join the Brotherhood of Steel since I liked them in the first two games and...the rest of the factions suck. The Railroad? Security issues and how is worrying about synths helping out humanity and building up society. Minutemen? Dull as dishwater and annoying. Institute? Extremely incompetent with all the resources(that they waste by the way) and tech they have available.

Back