Plot Holes of Fallout 4 - Spoilers

Just because the dog can show better basic emotion than the rest of characters in the games (and I´m only counting 3 and 4) doesn´t mean he´s a better character than the rest.
I found the dog emotionless. All it does is bark, stand in your way, get you killed, and falls unconscious since he's immortal. Irritates me that there's a THIRD Dogmeat that everyone seems to know! Suspending disbelief was already impossible with alien cities and 200 year fridge kids.

He makes whining sounds and can stand on two legs, that´s already smarter than every nameless NPC in the game (and most named ones).

Suspending disbelief was already impossible with alien cities

What alien cities? Don´t remember anything like that in the franchise.

"Dogmeat's the key to all this, if we get Dogmeat working. 'Cause he's a deeper character than any other character we've ever had in the Fallout games."

It's not wrong. He's a deeper character than anyone else in the rest of the game.

By not saying anything and therefore ensuring that none of his dialogue is written by Pagliarulo (because he has none), he becomes less stupid than any other character in the game.

The less effort was actually put into something by Emil, the better it actually turned out. The super mutants and raiders were the most well-written factions in the game as a result of this paradox.

Dogmeat is 100% awesome when you use the mod k9 terminator synth Dogmeat and the mod that replaces his audio files with Arnold one liners.

That's what we thought about Fallout 3 as a whole ... and now look how that one turned out. With Bethesda ... you simply never know.

It's not wrong. He's a deeper character than anyone else in the rest of the game.

By not saying anything and therefore ensuring that none of his dialogue is written by Pagliarulo (because he has none), he becomes less stupid than any other character in the game.

The less effort was actually put into something by Emil, the better it actually turned out. The super mutants and raiders were the most well-written factions in the game as a result of this paradox.

This is the same reason why Takahashi is one of the best characters in the game.

Well it wasn't funny at all. So even if we assume it was a joke it failed at doing that as well.

Well, yes. I did assume it was a failed joke, meant to be a satirical jab, and ironically even that has been ripped off from other games like Sunset Overdrive, Saints Row, GTA, and several indie games.

I wonder if Bethesda ever understood that a requirement for you before you can make fun of other people's stuff is that yours has to be good first.

Well, yes. I did assume it was a failed joke, meant to be a satirical jab, and ironically even that has been ripped off from other games like Sunset Overdrive, Saints Row, GTA, and several indie games.

I wonder if Bethesda ever understood that a requirement for you before you can make fun of other people's stuff is that yours has to be good first.

I don't think they do. Hell, the point of copying success is that you do it well too, not make a shittier version.

Not sure if it's been brought up yet, and if it has, sorry, but can we please discuss Super Mutants as a huge plot hole in this game?

First of all, the Institute is basically the Enclave 2.0, except even more stupid and hypocritical. When the Enclave ran FEV experiments, they at least had some good results, such as Frank Horrigan and Intelligent Deathclaws. And they pretty much stopped when they saw what FEV did to people considering they're all about the "purification of humanity". Apparently the Institute are far more stupid than that, since every single Super Mutant in Boston came from them.

The Enclave at least had the common sense to stop when they realized FEV was extremely dangerous, but I guess the Institute thought "Oh, it turns people into brainless giant green monsters that want to destroy humanity..? Better make more of them! Lots more of them!" Considering Super Mutants are sterile and always have been, even the originals made by the Master himself, that means the Institute created a literal army of these monsters only to release them on the Commonwealth for no reason at all.

Like, what the fuck? Why? Why not just destroy the Super Mutants you created? They mention multiple times that hardly any of them have ever gone up on the surface because of radiation and that they want to make the surface a better place, yet they sent a massive armada of giant green men to kill everyone? What was the point!

Not sure if it's been brought up yet, and if it has, sorry, but can we please discuss Super Mutants as a huge plot hole in this game?

First of all, the Institute is basically the Enclave 2.0, except even more stupid and hypocritical. When the Enclave ran FEV experiments, they at least had some good results, such as Frank Horrigan and Intelligent Deathclaws. And they pretty much stopped when they saw what FEV did to people considering they're all about the "purification of humanity". Apparently the Institute are far more stupid than that, since every single Super Mutant in Boston came from them.

The Enclave at least had the common sense to stop when they realized FEV was extremely dangerous, but I guess the Institute thought "Oh, it turns people into brainless giant green monsters that want to destroy humanity..? Better make more of them! Lots more of them!" Considering Super Mutants are sterile and always have been, even the originals made by the Master himself, that means the Institute created a literal army of these monsters only to release them on the Commonwealth for no reason at all.

Like, what the fuck? Why? Why not just destroy the Super Mutants you created? They mention multiple times that hardly any of them have ever gone up on the surface because of radiation and that they want to make the surface a better place, yet they sent a massive armada of giant green men to kill everyone? What was the point!

They didn't even needed to destroy them, didn't the Institute developed a cure for Super Mutants? :confused:

They didn't even needed to destroy them, didn't the Institute developed a cure for Super Mutants? :confused:

No, only that one guy did. Which just makes it even more of a fucking plot hole. Apparently this one guy manages to come up with a cure for Super Mutantism but he doesn't share it with anyone or try to recreate it, he just uses it on himself immediately like a dumbass. Imagine if he had actually tried to recreate what he'd made, then you could distribute it across the wasteland to help cure Super Mutantism. Maybe spike the water with the cure ala President Eden? Idk.

I mean, we could have used some of that cure to make Strong human again. I'm sure he would have objected but imagine the possibilities with that!

Another thing that feels like a huge missed opportunity is turning Codsworth into a Synth. We can turn Curie into a Synth and then fuck her despite barely knowing her, but our Mr. Handy, one of the only guys we know from before the War, our best friend so to speak story-wise, we can't do a single goddamn thing with him? The one companion we should feel the most emotion for? The only companion that can say our name? It makes no sense that we can't make him a synth, romance him, or at the very fucking least clean him up. His rust spots bother the shit out of me.

Back