Putting an NMA bar in Wasteland 2 (goal reached!)

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Radman

Radman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2007
    I dont think so, I think a 'No Mutants Allowed' Bar would fit the Wasteland world perfectly.

Just my opinion of course.

2. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    Again sorry for this, as it seems to be a strange technical issue with PayPal (who don't have as much as a British flag on the donation page in order to switch the language)

If you would like to display the page in English, either log on to your own PayPal account, or replace "https://www.paypal.com/pl/" with "https://www.paypal.com/en/" in your browser's address bar when you have clicked the "Donate" button.

3. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    I don't have paypal so it's going to take a bit of time before i can donate.
    I can already imagine the following popular thread in 2 years : How have you killed Brothe None ? or The Most Imaginative way to kill Brother None.
    Never before a NPC has suffered that much.

4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Kali Yuga Jamboree Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Killing Brother None with the Quaffer Gun sounds pretty fun.

5. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    And lose the chance to kick his groin to death? Assuming there will be groin attacks, ofc.

6. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    You do not need to create a PayPal account to donate, but you'll need a bank card or use one of the services BN mentioned. You'd just pay with a bank card number data as you would in any online shop.

Also, put a "/fr/" instead of "/pl/" in the dination link URL :) ChipIn seems to be having some problems ATM, though, so take your time...

7. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Goddamn chipin still isn't back up. But a quick manual calculation tells me we've raised $920 of $1000. Or about $874 in real money after accounting for Paypal's thieving fingers. But NMA's own funds can cover that if we don't overshoot the thousand a bit.

Close, in any case.

Also yes, a Kill Brother None contest shall be had.

8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Kali Yuga Jamboree Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Yay! :D

Put it on the calendar folks.

9. otsego

otsego First time out of the vault

Nov 2, 2009
    A small contribution donated. Let's see a NMA bar as a resting place for those who have waited years for a proper RPG from a proper group of developers.

10. egalor

egalor Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 20, 2007
    Shall he be armed with a Proton Banhammer? :))

11. Cold Zer0

Cold Zer0 Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 6, 2004
    I tried again and still getting an error message. Apparently my money is no good here :(

12. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Well I added my $10.
    Sorry I can't do more but I am on a strict budget and I still wish to contribute to Wasteland 2 for a Limited Edition.

13. Kyuu

Kyuu Insert Awesome Title Here

Jul 19, 2007
    1) The widget does seem to be flash-based, which explains why I was never able to see it on my work iPad.

2) The thing says you've hit $850. So... would me chipping in any more be pointless?

14. WadeKSavage

WadeKSavage First time out of the vault

Feb 29, 2012
    Will the RPG Codex statue be nearby? That could be weird...

15. Kull

Kull First time out of the vault

Mar 18, 2012
    Any money is good for the project and if you want to be part of those who brought NMA into the wasteland you still can donate for sure.

16. kuki

kuki First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2012
    I just put $10 in. My budget (and wife) does not allow me more as I already put $265 on kickstarter.

But I have a suggestion if we get more money than just for NMA bar.

There should maybe be an artifact inside bar. Something like guestbook or old tab which could be find in the cellar or something with a list of us who donated for this :)

That would make us ... immortal!

hehe just a suggestion

17. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    Wouldn't that be like matter and anti-matter?

* You see two statues in close proximity to each other, arcs of electricity move between the two.
    For some reason you feel that putting these statues even closer could lead to great catastrophe, like an explosion of significant magnitude. *

18. Izual

Izual Pipe rifle & chopsticks

Sep 18, 2009
    Donated a bit. Hurray!

19. Odin

Odin Carbon Dated and Proud
    Admin

Apr 2, 2003
    You should have enough now and I chiped in just for this :P

20. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004