Ridiculous moments in Fallout 4

The Dutch Ghost

Grouchy old man of NMA
Hello all,

During my current session on Fallout 4 I had a moment of what is either cheer stupidity or hilarity.
I was visiting the town at bunker hill and was at the bar when at some moment I accidentally pressed the duck button while standing in front of people and the first thing one of them says is "She vanished" (I play a female PC as I found the male voice rather irritating and thought the female would be a better choice), I stand up again and suddenly the bartender and his son open fire on me.

It is possible that they may have noticed me stealing some junk from a suitcase but I rather have the idea its the stupidity of the AI is at play here, designating me being in stealth mode.

Still this kind of feels like playing peek-a-boo with a baby and me becoming invisible to said baby when I put my hands before my eyes, only to become visible when I take them and completely surprising the baby with my reappearance.

Edit; yep it was the stolen crap that triggered hostility (despite me being undetected at the time of the theft). Still it led to an amusing series of events.

Last edited:
2011-12-15-Dragonborn-And-Alduin.jpg

I guess this could work with Fallout as well. :grin:

I was fighting a mole rat near Red Rocket, and Dogmeat did his takedown on it. Suddenly they both started flying up in the air! They got about 20 meters up before he released it, and then he immediately fell down and broke his leg so I had to use a stimpak on him. I laughed so hard.

Still ain"t got nothing on Codsworth. Everything he says makes me laugh.

The FEV cure works perfectly for Virgil. I always find the idea of a "cure" that alters your very DNA and body structure to be pretty ridiculous, you didn't just catch a cold, your entire bone structure, skin density and biological functions changed too. You can't just "inject something" and be back to looking like a normal human. It should've just killed him.

The FEV cure works perfectly for Virgil. I always find the idea of a "cure" that alters your very DNA and body structure to be pretty ridiculous, you didn't just catch a cold, your entire bone structure, skin density and biological functions changed too. You can't just "inject something" and be back to looking like a normal human. It should've just killed him.

Well, it worked in the other direction, innit?

This was just another missed opportunity for some cool stuff. Imagine if he started synthesizing the retrovirus for you, and the Syringer could be used to transform Super Mutants back into settlers...Could definitely have some potential to be cool. Instead: IT ONLY WORKS ON ME, NOW GO AWAY.

Well it takes days to work so I don't think it could be weaponized....

If the game wasn't so overly combatoriented that could be used in a quest to "infect" the Super Mutants' water and food sources with the cure which would reduce the amount of them in the region and create more settlements and settlers to recruit.

Well it takes days to work so I don't think it could be weaponized....

If the game wasn't so overly combatoriented that could be used in a quest to "infect" the Super Mutants' water and food sources with the cure which would reduce the amount of them in the region and create more settlements and settlers to recruit.

I agree with what you're saying, but I do think that if you're changing an element of the game in order for it to be cool, there is also the option of changing how long it takes to work; especially when you're redefining it's purpose in a big way. I don't think this is the only cool thing they could have done with it, but it was still handled poorly. We can only pray for DLC? I am wishing I had an eye patch more and more...

Back