Russian-Ukrainian war

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tagaziel, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Freedom is a first world things. Ask a person living in Africa whether they want freedom or food. The answer is obvious.

Remember, the various revolutions weren't fought for freedom, but to get a better life and to improve their stock. Didn't work usually...

2. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    Worked in China, Japan, Bolivia, Mexico, the United States, Scotland, Libya, Thailand, USSR (from Leninism to communism), India, England, France, Colombia, and many others.

3. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    All the superpowers sucks.

Finland/Norway/Sweden/Switzerland/Greece/Japan/Thailand/Vietnam/Australia/NewZealand/Brazil/Argentina/Chile/Niger/Tunsia/Estonia Martian Nuclear Missile Base 2020.

4. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Its not specifically first world.

Basic necessity is survival yes, but freedom is no less important. Its right above survival.

5. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    ...Libya?

What.

6. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    We have 3 factions in Libya as the leaders are having a tough time agreeing on anything. Then you have the damn extremist IS.

7. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Well dem folks in Africa are pretty free, their police force and government is so shit, they can't do anything to their populace unless they're nearby military personnel. Course folk there don't worry about that, but more about food and water.

8. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  9. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    reminds me of

(I think I might even have found it here, originally... or FB... )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. agiel7

agiel7 First time out of the vault

Oct 3, 2010
    Bringing this back on topic. Dutch Air Safety Board's report on the MH-17 disaster to be published tomorrow on the 13th. Though since the investigation solely pertains to establishing the cause of the crash, anyone expecting anything other than a hopelessly noncommittal answer as to the apportionment of blame (much less from where that SA-11 that brought it down came from) is going to be sorely disappointed.

11. Mohamed2001

Jan 28, 2013
    Exactly, so how is that a successful "revolution"? Isn't he listing the successful ones?

12. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
  13. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    I was going to say I would not consider Libya a success as the revolution has been hijacked by government figures who can't agree on anything.

14. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    K. One sketchy one out of the multitude I listed means all are invalid.

15. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    No, not the case at all. My other arguments have pretty much said as much.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  16. Mohamed2001

Jan 28, 2013
    But I didn't say all are invalid...

17. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    So there's going to be a referendum on the question of this agreement with the ukraine, in my country of the Netherlands. People will be able to cast their vote on whether or not they agree with the planned deal. I was leaning towards a yes vote before, and the more I've read, the more that's stayed the same. It seems the arguments against it are supposed costs and fear of european power growth. So these are two arguments based on fear and speculation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch...sociation_Agreement_referendum,_2016#Response

I was definitely going to vote anyway, and I think I'll be glad to do my part by voting yes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Illuminati Confirmed!

Illuminati Confirmed! Banned

Dec 15, 2015
    Why do you think "yes" is the way to go, doesn't the EU have enough trouble with the whole immigrant crisis and Greece? Ukraine is an Africa-tier shithole.

19. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    What would be the negative effects on the EU from this agreement?
    And aren't free markets and trade your solution for everything?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    My mom will be voting no because she doesn't want the Ukraine to import broiler chicken. At least that's what google is telling me plofkip is called in english.