So Our Protagonist Is Over 200 Years Old

Does anyone think the protagonist fought in the Gobi Campaign or Anchorage, Sea of Tranquility ?

You suddenly made me fear the following scenario; a simulation based on the player's memories when he/she fought at the Sea of Tranquillity (think the player and enemies dressed in space suits on the moon, a DLC similar to Operation Anchorage)

Wait, there was a conflict on the moon in Fallout lore?

Does anyone think the protagonist fought in the Gobi Campaign or Anchorage, Sea of Tranquility ?

You suddenly made me fear the following scenario; a simulation based on the player's memories when he/she fought at the Sea of Tranquillity (think the player and enemies dressed in space suits on the moon, a DLC similar to Operation Anchorage)

Wait, there was a conflict on the moon in Fallout lore?

Bethesda added it in.

Yeah Jed when you encounter Preston Garvey in the mesuem of history their is a mural with various moments in US miliatry history on the wall ;You can see an astronaut and a lunar lander.

I would not have ruled out a possible outpost on the moon in the Fallout pre war future, but I always assumed that when the resource wars started the US pretty much abandoned its fancy with space travel in general with the exception of military satellites and weapons platforms.
The government and military would probably have found it a waste of resources to maintain a base on the moon when they would have all of the solar system anyway once they had 'defeated' the Chinese.

(makes me fear another possibility, that Bethesda designers will go with the idea that the US, China, or both had ICBM silos on the moon like some paranoid 50's and 60's military leaders wanted in reality. Look it up)

I would not have ruled out a possible outpost on the moon in the Fallout pre war future, but I always assumed that when the resource wars started the US pretty much abandoned its fancy with space travel in general with the exception of military satellites and weapons platforms.
The government and military would probably have found it a waste of resources to maintain a base on the moon when they would have all of the solar system anyway once they had 'defeated' the Chinese.

(makes me fear another possibility, that Bethesda designers will go with the idea that the US, China, or both had ICBM silos on the moon like some paranoid 50's and 60's military leaders wanted in reality. Look it up)

Sounds too 50's... yep it's in!

Would be ironic if The Bright Followers were trying to go to some pre war installation in orbit or on the Moon. I'm going to call Ghoulstronauts as a thing at some point, watch.

Would be ironic if The Bright Followers were trying to go to some pre war installation in orbit or on the Moon. I'm going to call Ghoulstronauts as a thing at some point, watch.

Nah they just randomly launched into space to find 'enlightenment'. A nod to the hubologists.

They actually didn't launch into Space, the trajectory of their rockets wouldn't allow that. From What Sawyer has hinted the ymight have actually gone to another country or region.

Yeah, Bright never says they're going to space, just to a place of light and healing.

For ghouls, light and healing basically just means they're going somewhere highly radioactive where humans can't survive.

The only person who insinuates that they're actually going to space is No-Bark Noonan and we all know to take his ramblings with a grain of salt.

Yeah, Bright never says they're going to space, just to a place of light and healing.

For ghouls, light and healing basically just means they're going somewhere highly radioactive where humans can't survive.

The only person who insinuates that they're actually going to space is No-Bark Noonan and we all know to take his ramblings with a grain of salt.

Hmm fair enough. I still prefer the idea they go to space and all suffocate...

Amazing how accurate my prediction on page 2 of the thread was, Bethesda needs to hire better storywriters because i'm only seeing this game somewhat as a second attempt at fallout 3, 200 years later one family member has to leave the vault and find other family member, there better not be the self sacrifice idea in there somewhere or i'll die inside due to Bethesdas lack of creativity.

>the protagonists face @ this thread
5553cfaf751a4b14960b7581a20bc142_567x210.jpg

Now I can understand why there's romance with Mrs. Handy in this game. If I would have been frozen for 200 years, I'd jump on first moving object too, robotic or not! :obsessed:

Back