Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
I've an uninformed question for Starfield players; I have not played Starfield or The Outer Worlds.

Does Starfield seem (play or feel) like a studio reskinned combination of Arkane's Prey with The Outer Worlds?

I've an uninformed question for Starfield players; I have not played Starfield or The Outer Worlds.

Does Starfield seem (play or feel) like a studio reskinned combination of Arkane's Prey with The Outer Worlds?
Graphically it felt like Prey a bunch of times and I was constantly thinking about how much rather I'd be playing Prey Over Starfield.
Other than that, no. The similarities between Starfield and The Outer Worlds is that they are both in space, both got multitudes of maps, zoom in dialogue framework and they're first person. But each of those things are handled veeeery differently so while they are similarities they are very superficial. Everything else is pretty much different in the two games.

I wondered if Starfield was perhaps Bethesda's [rip-off] answer to Obsidian's The Outer Worlds.

*Myself I prefer playing Prey (The original by Human Head/3D-Realms).
icon_twisted.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if they were inspired but wanted to one-up Obsidian like they had been by them with FNV and completely failed as they overdid things.
"TOW has a bunch of explorable maps instead of just one, what if we have... thousands!?!"
Proceeds to generate maps with abandon to how interesting they are to explore.

"Look at Obsidian and all their [Dialogue] speech checks... We can do that tooooo!"
Proceeds to add in speech checks to a game where the vast majority of dialogue is linear into "yes".

"Obsidian has a time dilation mechanic to replace VATS? Hmmmmm our Shouts(tm) are better! Include magic in our science space game!"
So much for the nasapunk huh?

"Obsidian has factions you can align with... Let's have our own!"
Proceeds to add in a whopping... 4... Factions, all joinable, so they're just Skyrim's guild system all over again.

To be frank, I think Starfield is their desperate attempt at a Skyrim 2.0
There's far too many design decisions that are reminiscent of it.
Join all guilds. We have over 300 dungeons / we have 1000 plants. Dragonborn / Starborn. Dragon shouts. A "learn by doing" challenge system tied to the skill. Hell, they haven't even improved the melee combat since Skyrim.

Tbh I'm just waiting for the inevitable day someone makes an 8 hour video trashing on this game.
I was hoping EFAP was gonna do it but Mauler said he has fuckall interest in Bethesda games and I don't think Rags or Fringy are too hot on Starfield either.

It's been a while but I dropped this game just after getting ability to let loose a massive gravity fart or something. Cheesing money from a hole in a wall to buy a bigger ship didn't help when I realized I'd have to sink fucking hours to get a skill leveled up to make better ship parts.

Honestly this is most boring game I have ever played. it's just fucking load screens and fucked character models looking at you. It tries to be many things and fails at all of them. Stripped of Bethesda's normal mindless gameplay loop of shooting and bashing shit leaves you with nothing to do but fast travel to next fast travel location. I'm also convinced that anybody who says they enjoy this game is a goddamn liar.

I could write a lot more on why this game is a giant piece of shit, but why should I spend more effort on it than the developers?

Last edited:
Oh no, the game that looked boring as shit ended up boring as shit. Who could have predicted it? Obviously not people that have been seeing the trainwreck that is Bethesda for many years now. Nah, those people were just negative nancies who complain for the sake of complaining and not people who can clearly see the end result.

Bethesda can't do smaller scope worlds right, what made people think they could do multiple planets?

Yeah I get that, but as somebody who didn't follow shit about this game I was expecting at least the same amount of brainless genocide you get with a Bethesda game were when you get done with the introduction quest, you have a bodycount in the triple digits. you don't even get that here, you get nothing.

And the kicker is if this game was an absolute train wreck it would have been something to behold, but we don't even get that, there was no wreck to stare in aw of. There is only a rusted truck decaying away in some field on the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
brainless genocide you get with a Bethesda game were when you get done with the introduction quest, you have a bodycount in the triple digits.
C44DAE2C-F7DB-42DF-8C5B-18F8068B2846.gif

I imagined Starfield would be Skyrim more or less but they've managed to hemorage what talent that team had apparently. Either way back to No Man's Sky. Not expecting good things from TES6 now.

I imagined Starfield would be Skyrim more or less but they've managed to hemorage what talent that team had apparently.
Implication that Bethesda had any talent by Skyrim's development period. Skyrim is trash and it was done on purpose in a very cynical way, to try to appeal to the normies.

And what happened, i thought you said you need to enjoy things on their own merits and not compare to any game before. What are you, a nostalgia dumbass like us?

Fucking hypocrite. And not the first time you are here.

Well, SOMEONE's cranky!

Also Skyrim is basically dogshit in nearly every single way but art design and that art design gets ruined by excessive repetition. :V

Well, SOMEONE's cranky!
Nah, just the hilarity of someone being incredibly hypocritical. You can check Morgan's posts whining that some people here like myself don't like Bethesda games because of nostalgia and wanting every game to be the same. And then she turns around starts saying Breath of the Wild sucked because it's not like the previous games, same for Starfield not being Skyrim in space.

Play all the shit games you want, i don't care. Just don't be an hypocritical dipshit when you start doing the same you claim others do, people lose the privilege of criticizing something for not being like things before when you give shit to people for doing that exact thing but turn around some time later and do the same exact thing you were giving people shit for.

Implication that Bethesda had any talent by Skyrim's development period. Skyrim is trash and it was done on purpose in a very cynical way, to try to appeal to the normies.

And what happened, i thought you said you need to enjoy things on their own merits and not compare to any game before. What are you, a nostalgia dumbass like us?

Fucking hypocrite. And not the first time you are here.
Honestly how do you manage to be so invested in such things? Keep making objective truth agruments about what videogame is best I guess.

Me making a comparison to the past of the same dev studio and same type of game vs people being stuck in the past and wanting the same thing over and over isn't an example of being a hypocrite. You'd know that if you knew how to read.

Well, SOMEONE's cranky!

Also Skyrim is basically dogshit in nearly every single way but art design and that art design gets ruined by excessive repetition. :V
Honestly, I think Skyrim is a significantly better rpg than most because it is SO lite on writing and world building. Really lets me fill in the blanks on my own you know? It's the difference between a writer who insists on holding the readers hand and guiding them through ever little detail instead of having brevity and letting the reader take the reins more. You must engage your imagination!

Emil truly is a misunderstood genius.

Last edited:
vs people being stuck in the past and wanting the same thing over and over
Same thing when it's the same label. It's no different than wanting milk in from a carton of milk, and Dr.Pepper from a Dr.Pepper can; in these situations almond milk, and Mr.Pib don't cut it as "improvements"... only the real thing will (ever) suffice.

FO3 is not the real thing by any stretch or delusion——nor any of the so-called Fallout games that came after it. Milk 2.0 cannot be made from oats, and still be milk; same for FO3 being (quite literally) made from Oblivion... so much so that the name Tamriel exists in the FO3 resource files.

Last edited:
Back