Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
Me making a comparison to the past of the same dev studio and same type of game vs people being stuck in the past and wanting the same thing over and over isn't an example of being a hypocrite.
The fact you think these are different shows you are not very smart. You are factually an hypocrite when you claim you wanted Skyrim in space because that's exactly wanting the new game be like the old one and you don't like the new one because it's precisely not like the old one. It's the same shit you whined about it in this very same thread, giving shit for people not like the new games, and then you proceed to do the same thing you were giving people shit for.

Wanting a new game to be like the old one is precisely the same as wanting every game to be the same over and over. You just got caught red handed and now are trying to weasel your way out of it when you should just accept that you are an hypocrite.

And none of the people that don't like the Bethesda Fallouts or Elder Scrolls games since Oblivion want every game to be the same, that's bullshit you put in their mouths (which is usually what you do). What people want are games to respect the franchise and give it the treatment it deserves, not these bastardizations like Skyrim and Fallout 3 that shit all over the setting and franchise.

Edit: And reading back in this thread, you are double hypocrite. What happened, i thought you didn't mind change? So why are you complaining that Starfield isn't Skyrim in space? I thought change was good.

Last edited:
  • And none of the people that don't like the Bethesda Fallouts or Elder Scrolls games since Oblivion want every game to be the same...
  • What people want are games to respect the franchise and give it the treatment it deserves, not these bastardizations like Skyrim and Fallout 3 that shit all over the setting and franchise.
I agree with not only both of these, but I'd say that the very same applies to at least some of the fans of the Elder Scrolls series.

but I'd say that the very same applies to at least some of the fans of the Elder Scrolls series.
And my post was referring to fans of Fallout AND fans of Elder Scrolls (and fans of both), not just the former. Plenty of Elder Scrolls fans rightfully got angry with the state of franchise starting from Oblivion.

The fact you think these are different shows you are not very smart. You are factually an hypocrite when you claim you wanted Skyrim in space because that's exactly wanting the new game be like the old one and you don't like the new one because it's precisely not like the old one. It's the same shit you whined about it in this very same thread, giving shit for people not like the new games, and then you proceed to do the same thing you were giving people shit for.

Wanting a new game to be like the old one is precisely the same as wanting every game to be the same over and over. You just got caught red handed and now are trying to weasel your way out of it when you should just accept that you are an hypocrite.

And none of the people that don't like the Bethesda Fallouts or Elder Scrolls games since Oblivion want every game to be the same, that's bullshit you put in their mouths (which is usually what you do). What people want are games to respect the franchise and give it the treatment it deserves, not these bastardizations like Skyrim and Fallout 3 that shit all over the setting and franchise.

Edit: And reading back in this thread, you are double hypocrite. What happened, i thought you didn't mind change? So why are you complaining that Starfield isn't Skyrim in space? I thought change was good.
Most of our interactions are me saying stuff that will piss you off because it's funny and I know it works. You memorize posts that no one else bothered to becuse the posts didn't matter in the first place.

The fact you think these are different shows you are not very smart.
They aren't the same....
Making a comparison and moving on after giving it a chance and turning into an obsessive and fighting with people only to say the same thing over and over, every conversation for years are not the same. It's impossible to not make reference to the past it's HOW some of you do it that's the criticism. Again, if you could read you'd know that. Keep in mind, even old orderites get onto you for this goofy shit and here you are doing it once more.
Depends on what you mean by "same" and this sin't even something I'd want necessarily. Like the diversity in Mario games are all good. What did I even say? Just link the posts if it matters this much to you. Honestly a lot of this is really vague so I'm not really sure what I'm responding to.
that's bullshit you put in their mouths (which is usually what you do)
Maybe if I don't take the convo serious or I think the person is a twat. Also, where?
accept that you are an hypocrite.
I prefer grifter.
Same thing when it's the same label. It's no different than wanting milk in from a carton of milk, and Dr.Pepper from a Dr.Pepper can; in these situations almond milk, and Mr.Pib don't cut it as "improvements"... only the real thing will (ever) suffice.

FO3 is not the real thing by any stretch or delusion——nor any of the so-called Fallout games that came after it. Milk 2.0 cannot be made from oats, and still be milk; same for FO3 being (quite literally) made from Oblivion... so much so that the name Tamriel exists in the FO3 resource files.
I'm not even entirely sure what hes referring to tbh. I just thought I'd call him dumb because I know he'll memorize that post too. I put little effort into game discussions vs pol discussions so it wouldn't surprise me if I make contradictory statements either by mistake or on purpose. Keep in mind, he's fighting with someone giving strong opinions on old Fallout games that hasn't even played the originals.

Tehn again Tim Cain is on my side so I win by default. :smug:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout/tim-cain-bethesda

IMG_3401.jpeg

Tehn again Tim Cain is on my side so I win by default. :smug:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout/tim-cain-bethesda
Tim Cain has always (wisely) expressed a very diplomatic opinion about this; especially early on when he was actively entrenched in the industry; he is now semi-retired, and by his own words, [gradually] 'leaving the industry'. It does him no good to despise them (not to imply that he does —how would I know?—), but if you listen to his early interviews, there does seem to be an undertone to them that suggests irritation—amidst the praise; and at [in my opinion] either a probable lack of understanding of series' tenets on their part, or (worse) the intentional refusal of them in favor of simplicity, and (sadly degenerated) modern trends in gaming, for sake of easier profit and a broader audience.

For me, as I've always said here and at Bethsoft, 'Why make something at all, if you have to change it past the point of recognition?——and for people who couldn't appreciate it to begin with?'. IE. What's the value of the IP to those who never knew of it, or would never appreciate it?

I once likened it to selling non-dairy ice cream whilst still calling it ice cream. And the Alaskan forum moderator decided to inform me that their traditional "ice cream"--so-called was made from bear fat, not milk fat, and to which I responded that then it has no cream in it, and cannot actually BE ice cream... it's ice bear fat—which it is.

Last edited:
I'll add that whining that Starfield isn't Skyrim in space is fucking stupid. It's a new IP, let it do its own thing and not be like another IP but in space.

People give shit to the Bethesda Fallouts only do it by comparing to the other games in the SAME franchise, they don't compare to other franchises since those tend do things better and worse in several aspects.

And last, Tim Cain isn't gonna throw shots at Bethesda since he gains nothing from it. So of course he's not gonna shit on the Bethesda Fallouts like a lot of old Fallout fans do.

There are IP-titles that I would actually like to have seen Bethesda do. Lands Of Lore, Rifts (by Palladium Books), Robotech; games that would suit, and benefit from their preferred game style.

*Unfortunately Lands of Lore is a bit too close to TES for them to ever consider it. Rifts, on the other hand, is basically TES crossed with FO4 and Cyberpunk—and would allow Oblivion gates to and from Tamriel.

Tim Cain has always (wisely) expressed a very diplomatic opinion about this; especially early on when he was actively entrencheed in the industry; he is now semi-retired, and by his own words, [gradually] 'leaving the industry'. It does him no good to despise them (not to imply that he does —how would I know?—), but if you listen to his early interviews, there does seem to be an undertone to them that suggests irritation—amidst the praise; and at [in my opinion] either a probable lack of understanding of series' tenets on their part, or (worse) the intentional refusal of them in favor of simplicity, and (sadly degenerated) modern trends in gaming, for sake of easier profit and a broader audience.

For me, as I've always said here and at Bethsoft, 'Why make something at all, if you have to change it past the point of recognition?——and for people who couldn't appreciate it to begin with?'. IE. What's the value of the IP to those who never knew of it, or would never appreciate it?

I once likened it to selling non-dairy ice cream whilst still calling it ice cream. And the Alaskan forum moderator decided to inform me that their traditional "ice cream"--so-called was made from bear fat, not milk fat, and to which I responded that then it has no cream in it, and cannot actually BE ice cream... it's ice bear fat—which it is.
I actually have no idea what Tim thinks. I half remembered him saying something positive about F4 so I googled it real quick lol

Hmmm my opinion on Starfield?

Well It's a Bethesda game, take that as you will. Just like how Bethesda took their fans for granted

So i read somewhere that Todd attempted to deflect the criticism that the planets would be boring by saying that the moon is empty in real life but no one was bored in the moon landing.

Yeah, one of the biggest achievements in human history, of course the people there wouldn't be bored. Starfield is a stupid ass game, it's your job to not make it boring.

So i read somewhere that Todd attempted to deflect the criticism that the planets would be boring by saying that the moon is empty in real life but no one was bored in the moon landing.

Yeah, one of the biggest achievements in human history, of course the people there wouldn't be bored. Starfield is a stupid ass game, it's your job to not make it boring.
Source? Can you give me the source please? I REALLY want to see him say that because of how flipping hilarious it sounds knowing what we know now.

:D

Source? Can you give me the source please? I REALLY want to see him say that because of how flipping hilarious it sounds knowing what we know now.

:D

By the way, this is the same man that gave Skyrim a 10/10. So when Pissed Off Pedro thinks a Bethesda game is just slightly above average, you know you have fucked up.

I will admit that the AI generated dialogue for Todd Howard on how he tells the actual truth is pretty hilarious.

I have notice now, that the hype for starfield has died, that a lot of reviews have been coming out that shit on the Starfield. More and more people are realizing how mediocre this game is.

Holy hell did Joe get fucking fat.
Too much time spent on watching crappy TV shows like Ahsoka and Loki, eating too much garbage and not exercising will do that to a person.

So the game seems to be riddled with essential npcs apparently from what i read and heard. Good to know that one of the worst design choices from Oblivion is still going strong to this day.

Back