Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
Mass Effect is also great at giving you a hook and good writing because it has multiple hooks.
snip
THIS is how you set up a RPG sci-fi universe of "grand scale". If one plot hook fails there are others that might hook you.

It actually makes me want to play it again even though I found it a very linear experience. Such a shame how the sequels turned out. 2 was okay though flawed, but 3 is where things came apart.

Spoony was wrong about FF8 and also probably has a vagina by now.

I have not heard about the guy in ages. What is he up to these days? I used to watch his older reviews and RPG session stories.

What is he up to these days?
Became a lazy asshole right around the time he got the funds to make a movie and hasn't made any reviews or any actual content for like seven years at this point. Since then all he does is spend his time on Twitter (or X now i guess) and livestream on youtube while looking miserable.

He wasn't wrong about FF 8 though, that game is just dogshit.

It actually makes me want to play it again even though I found it a very linear experience. Such a shame how the sequels turned out. 2 was okay though flawed, but 3 is where things came apart.
Yeah I played 3 for like 40 minutes then I quit because the premise that had been laid out for the past 2 games just... There is no way you could defeat the reapers. And then I remembered the ending of 3 and it's like... Nah, bruh. Nah. I'm not playing this.

I'll just dump this here:

o4JRSvI.png

xkwcS8a.png

7uhumMf.png

LKQ138Y.png

8ZPspzP.png

Nzct82Y.png

R5mfKI2.png

QKlF2AZ.png

bShBOB3.png

4mWkxl6.png

XJcSjCl.png

IigyJee.png

mmNjuN3.png

x5icbV.png

qSsZrp.png

2nNcWy.png

QtdhTB.png

uEJZez.png

lxLJTp.png

Gentlemen, I've played Starfield. While ever so briefly, I will say it is possibly the laziest set up to a game I've ever played.
Touch Magic Rock, Become The Dovanaut.
"By my stars its the Dovanaut as the legends have foretold. here take my spaceship, robot and go adventuring chief!"

I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't actually move in space, everything rotates around you. You truly are the center of the universe.

I considered it, but I think I needed to make a succinct statement to get my point across.

@Eumesmopo Thanks for the inform of this article
https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-sa...othing-there-but-they-certainly-werent-bored/

So, Bethesda are so selfindulgent and narcicistic and have their heads lodged up their own ass so far that they are just a ball of skin with a thin brown/pink line down the middle that they think that their proc-gen planets are just as aweinspiring as literally exploring a moon in real life and not only that but it is going to be just as aweinspiring 900 times over.

And despite this I still fear the game is going to do gangbusters.

Gentlemen, I've played Starfield. While ever so briefly, I will say it is possibly the laziest set up to a game I've ever played.
Touch Magic Rock, Become The Dovanaut.
"By my stars its the Dovanaut as the legends have foretold. here take my spaceship, robot and go adventuring chief!"

I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't actually move in space, everything rotates around you. You truly are the center of the universe.
I'm probably going to get game pass on PC just so I can play it (and I'll be installing it on my HDD cause fuck you Bethesda, I'm not wasting 120+ gig of my SSD for your piece of shit game, optimize your god damn file sizes) but I dunno how much I'll be able to play it for cause it just looks soooooooooo boring.

Isn't that still the pre-order folks who paid for 100$ edition to get early access? Or has it released already? It's 6th here but in burgerland I'd assume they open the flood gates later.

[edit]
disappoint.png

Hm...

And despite this I still fear the game is going to do gangbusters.

No doubt about that one. People complain but they will be back when the first additional content packs are announced. And they will be hyping for the next Bethesda game again once it is announced. A lot of them talk about their disappointment with Starfield being a 'learning experience', but they did not learn from Skyrim and Fallout 4 & 76, so why would they learn now?

I'm probably going to get game pass on PC just so I can play it (and I'll be installing it on my HDD cause fuck you Bethesda, I'm not wasting 120+ gig of my SSD for your piece of shit game, optimize your god damn file sizes) but I dunno how much I'll be able to play it for cause it just looks soooooooooo boring.

Why? You yourself already admit what you expect the experience to be like? So why not go for a game that has positive feedback and actually sounds good to you? Go play Rodina for example. Maybe somewhat 'worse' looking but you have no loading screens when traveling between planets and you have a lot more freedom.
Funny enough it is being made by a former Bethesda employee.

He wasn't wrong about FF 8 though, that game is just dogshit.

I liked some of the fun he had with it such as renaming the love interest girl and her dog :D
Final Fantasy 8's world building sounds so dumb in so many ways, its as if the lead writer forgot what he wrote down a couple of pages earlier in his design document.

I tried to 'acquire' Starfield myself a couple of times now, but each time I thought about how I had grown bored with Fallout 4 and at some point no longer wanted to play it even more despite that I managed to pull myself through Fallout 3. A couple of times over the years I have even considered reinstalling that game to explore its map and DLCs again. But I just can't as most of it is a shoot and loot game, a boring shoot and loot game.
Starfield is perhaps better when it comes to the shooting mechanics though after reading how Bethesda has cleaned up the damage mechanics (even if I am not obsessed with gore), it sounds like they took a few steps back on that. I'd be better off reinstalling Borderlands again.
And for a sci-fi adventure experience I would be better off with Mass Effect 1, how linear and overblown it may be. Or Mass Effect 2. Actually that makes you wonder what a more open world Mass Effect experience would have been like with the player being an independent space pilot, free to choose their own jobs and contracts. (Bioware actually considered a spin off series or companion series to the main Mass Effect series in which the player would explore the world from its 'seedy underbelly' as a smuggler or mercenary. I think an opportunity was lost here)
I would like to compare the player's quest of collecting the artifacts with the main quest in No Man's Sky but I am not sure if that is a fair comparison. But it feels like someone wanted to go for something 'artistic' because it sounds so grandiose without even really knowing what it really means.
Starfield definitely does not deserve the hype that it is being given by a lot of people. For the price that is being asked for it Bethesda could have give players a more involving experience, even if it was just side content.

If I wanted to play the disappointing shallow space game, I'd play Elite: Dangerous again. At least I have good memories with that game instead of the boredom that Starfield unsurprisingly ended up being.

If I wanted to play the disappointing shallow space game, I'd play Elite: Dangerous again. At least I have good memories with that game instead of the boredom that Starfield unsurprisingly ended up being.

Its not that interesting? I have occasionally considered in the past to get the game but I am not sure if I can invest the time in Elite to really unlock everything.

o4JRSvI.png

xkwcS8a.png

7uhumMf.png

LKQ138Y.png

8ZPspzP.png

Nzct82Y.png

R5mfKI2.png

QKlF2AZ.png

bShBOB3.png

4mWkxl6.png

XJcSjCl.png

IigyJee.png

mmNjuN3.png

x5icbV.png

qSsZrp.png

2nNcWy.png

QtdhTB.png

uEJZez.png

lxLJTp.png

You would think a game company that has worked on three post-apocalyptic games would put more effort into making Earth actually feel like an abandoned planet instead of placing one tower in a desert in the middle of nowhere with no lore explanation for why it's perfectly preserved for no reason while everything around it just crumpled. Oh wait never mind. I just remembered as I was typing this comment that they did the same thing with Tenpenny Tower. Amazing how Beth was always this lazy. Bethesda never changes.

Isn't that still the pre-order folks who paid for 100$ edition to get early access? Or has it released already? It's 6th here but in burgerland I'd assume they open the flood gates later.

[edit]
View attachment 27659

Hm...

It's already officially released, those are the numbers at the release day. It peaked at about 250k I believe.

I honestly think people are just buying starfield just for the future mods. Every comment I ever see in a starfield video always has something to do with modding potential. I never see anyone actually praise the game for what it is.

I honestly think people are just buying starfield just for the future mods. Every comment I ever see in a starfield video always has something to do with modding potential. I never see anyone actually praise the game for what it is.

That is basically the reason why I bought Fallout 4; for the Fallout 1 TC and the Fallout New Vegas TC, if they ever get finished. I don't want to touch the vanilla game as it is just so damn average.

Back