The Guns and Ammo Thread

Ah-Teen said:
Thrawn said:
I have the top model, the deluxe, semi-auto and it does NOT weigh 10 pounds, more like 16, unloaded. Add 50 rounds of the .45 acp and the gun is so damn heavy I doubt there would be much barrel climb on a burst model.

I tire out way before I get all 50 rounds off.

As a side note the gun is more like $1,600 than $800.

There is a shop in the next city that has two guns each going for 700 something. Their semi, and they can't accept drum mags without modification. I can't remember the model or make.

I bought the 1927 A-1 Deluxe SBR which takes the drum, has a forward pistol grip, and an extended barrel, that is why it was 1600. This site lists the different options pretty well.

I've had tons of problems with my drum and cut myself loading it a couple of times. The most recent problem is that I have a tiny (seriously, it is the side of a pen head) ding in the top of my drum that scrapes against the bullets and stops it from loading.

If you want to pick one up to have a rifle that fires .45 rounds don't go with the Deluxe. If you are like me and want to pick one up because they look bad ass and you feel like a gangster everytime you hold it, go with the deluxe.

The only reason why I'd get one is to convert it into a pulse rifle :D

M41A.jpg

I'd probably be crazy enough to put the shotgun on the bottom of it too X) Min barrel length heumph <,,< >,,> <,,< No officer, it's an airsoft gun. Honest!

JohnnyEgo said:
SuAside said:
sush! i'll probably never have the ability to shoot that far even if i wanted to!
Fill out that visitor's visa. I'll put you behind a Barret, that AI, my Uzi, an M16, and an FN 240B, suppressed!
*cries*

doesn't look like i'll have enough free time & money to spare in the coming years...

hell, i'll use the downtime to at least get some practise in with rifles before taking on something like the barret! ;)

thanks for the offer though. and maybe... some day...

Wooz said:
Little question: Since you seem to be pretty familiar with AR-family rifles, how does the QDSS supressor work and how well does it actually supress the sound of a 5.56 round out of an M4/Colt Commando/AR? Wouldn't a rifle need a sub-sonic round to fire a silenced shot?
there's a lot of misrepresentation and whatnot.

the most common use for a suppressor is not to make the gun silent, but to muffle the sound into something harder to identify and on top of that, make it harder to pinpoint/locate.
as for pistols, you're best off with thick & fat slow movers (subsonic) like the .45 ACP. you'll find that most calibres have subsonic ammo, but i'd say it's not really worth it. subsonic ammo is usually a slightly heavier & slower bullet. is it worth the cost and effectivity tradeoff? i doubt it.

in the case of civilian suppressors, it's mostly to keep the dB down and not make your neighbour cringe at every shot...

belgium doesnt allow civilian use of suppressors and we nearly exclusively shoot indoor. it's hard on the ears... i usually wear earplugs AND earmuffs. and i still have to run like hell when the range starts to fill up. becomes unbearable.
fallout ranger said:
Someone point me to some good AK sites.
http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/

or the AK subsections of THR or TFL.

i bought a Beretta 87 Target today. it already has 3000 rounds through it, looks brandnew (except the expected powderburns on the front, obviously). it also came with an ATN digital red dot sight, but i'm not going to use it for a while, out of fear of becoming lazy.

anyhow, i'm a happy puppy. no pics at this time though, sorry. :(

fallout ranger said:
My next gun, for certain, will be a CZ527 (Mini Mauser) in 7.62x39. Awesome little gun, perfect for Coyotes and the like.
why the hell get a boltaction in 7.62x39? that has huge bullet drop...

Congratulations!!

Have you shot it yet?

What did you think of the front sight blades?

The UPS man brought me a little present today. It's a pre-production stock for the AR-15 from a company that I really like. I may post a picture of it when I get it installed.

I'm like "Hey everybody, Malibu Stacey has a new hat!", but I imagine most folks would be like [lisasimpson] It's just a hat, people! [/lisasimpson].

(Referenced from my favorite episode ever of the Simpsons)

Edit- Fallout_Ranger suffers from living in California, where they traded gun rights for nice weather and surgically enhanced hotness. The CZ is a nice, inexpensive rifle, and would indeed be pretty good for the coyote. Fallout - have you ever considered an Off-List lower? Is the M1A or the Mini-14 still legal there?

hk_p2000.jpg

The government paid for it.
AR15andcase.jpg

rem8701.jpg

Dove said:

The only folks I know of who currently issue the P2000 work with Homeland Security. (TSA/CBP/ICE/Coasties/FLETC). I've only seen them issued to some of the Air Marshals and ICE, with the Air Marshals getting the .357Sig variant. Most of the actual Sigs I've seen have gone to the Coasties and FLETC.

So my guess would be that you're with CBP or ICE, leaning towards CBP based on your Wilson-esque scatter gun.

Or do you mean that the government paid for them via the GI Bill or your tax return?

JohnnyEgo said:
Congratulations!!

Have you shot it yet?
well, no :(

i was offered to take a friend's pump action shotty for a ride instead and i figured i could have fun with the 87T any time i damn well please, so i took the 12 gauge.

JohnnyEgo said:
What did you think of the front sight blades?
dunno if it's standard, but i had 2 included in the package. a thinner one and a thicker one. both seem alright, why do you ask?

JohnnyEgo said:
The UPS man brought me a little present today. It's a pre-production stock for the AR-15 from a company that I really like. I may post a picture of it when I get it installed.
early x-mas present hu? :)

JohnnyEgo said:
Edit- Fallout_Ranger suffers from living in California, where they traded gun rights for nice weather and surgically enhanced hotness. The CZ is a nice, inexpensive rifle, and would indeed be pretty good for the coyote.
yeah, but there's no real incentive to go for 7.62x39 in a bolt action rifle, as far as i'm concerned.
sure, the ammo is cheaper than your average .223 surplus, but prices are rising.
either way, in a bolt action, i'd rather have an accurate chambering with a flat trajectory, rather than one with big bullet drop.

besides, if price is the issue, you should probably reload your own .223?

JohnnyEgo said:
Fallout - have you ever considered an Off-List lower? Is the M1A or the Mini-14 still legal there?

Yeah, they're both legal, it's just that most stuff for the guns is hard to get (stocks, mags, and whatnot).

And that 7.62x39 is indeed an awesome varmint round. :)

JohnnyEgo said:
Dove said:

The only folks I know of who currently issue the P2000 work with Homeland Security. (TSA/CBP/ICE/Coasties/FLETC). I've only seen them issued to some of the Air Marshals and ICE, with the Air Marshals getting the .357Sig variant. Most of the actual Sigs I've seen have gone to the Coasties and FLETC.

So my guess would be that you're with CBP or ICE, leaning towards CBP based on your Wilson-esque scatter gun.

Or do you mean that the government paid for them via the GI Bill or your tax return?
Pretty smart fella here.

Not ICE.

Dove said:
Pretty smart fella here.
and he's got balls too. he's got to shiny medal thingies to prove it. ;)

btw, i think the color of your shotty is downright horrible. otherwise a good piece o' work ofc.

I'm not that brilliant. Ask my wife.

CBP is a thankless job. Hard work, a lot of regulations, and a lot of politics. You have my appreciation.

Nothing like a new born, crap green colored shotie to make you feel like you're the wall they wanted to erect along the boarder.

Not sure if this makes any sense..

Mohrg :twisted:

SuAside said:
Dove said:
Pretty smart fella here.
and he's got balls too. he's got to shiny medal thingies to prove it. ;)

btw, i think the color of your shotty is downright horrible. otherwise a good piece o' work ofc.
Heh. Well those pics were just nabbed off teh intarweb, not actual issue. Actual issued weapons vary in the long gun dept.

@Johnny: It may be all those things, but 90k+ after a couple years is looking really good for law enforcement. There's only a couple places that can offer the pay and work environment.

Back