The Guns and Ammo Thread

DammitBoy said:
dardickpistol.jpg

Looks like a toy...and reminds me of this - the originals are approximately $400 to buy.

Vintage_Space_Toy9.jpg

The Buck Rogers Atomic Disintegrator Pistol Gold Deluxe Edition isn't as nice.

51%2BDbGjveAL._SS500_.jpg

Here's my boyfriend's 500 s&w with the holster we designed and built for it. Sexy as shit and I can vouch for it's retention. That shit isn't going to fall out no matter what he does.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjU8sL768Rw[/youtube]

It's not just a penis enlarger. It's his bear gun... apparently he runs into them pretty often where he lives next to yellowstone. He couldn't find a decent holster for the 10 inch long beast for under 100 or one that could be drawn quickly. IE it couldn't be drawn faster than a charging bear. So we designed a Kydex holster based on a competition design. We were going to cover the barrel but we ran out of kydex so it's just a slight twist then draw out.

It also only cost me like 8 bucks to make.

That's ballin. But everytime I hear bear gun I'm grossly disappointed it doesn't include a bear firing said gun.

Also that Dardick gun is baller as fuck.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to military business.

Ah-Teen said:
... apparently he runs into them pretty often where he lives next to yellowstone.
Little black ones, yeah, not too askerit of humans neither. Guard your pic-a-nic baskets.

What do you guys recommend for budget-minded home defense? I'm looking to buy a piece for home, but I really have not fired a gun since plinking around as a kid. Kind of partial to hometown maker in Colt.
What's your thoughts on buying used?

Cimmerian Nights said:
What do you guys recommend for budget-minded home defense? I'm looking to buy a piece for home, but I really have not fired a gun since plinking around as a kid. Kind of partial to hometown maker in Colt.

Used is a great way to save money. Have somebody who really knows guns overlook what you are interested in.

A simple shotgun is a good defense weapon and if you have little experience with guns, a revolver is a good start and usually not that expensive.

A nice used shotgun can be had for less than $300 and the same for an okay revolver. Colts tend to be more expensive.

But everytime I hear bear gun I'm grossly disappointed it doesn't include a bear firing said gun.

Yeah, we should teach a bunch of bears to use guns. It's right in the god damn constitution. We have the right to arm bears.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Generally, cheapest home defense tends to be a used shotgun. Rem 870, Mossberg 500/590, Ithaca 37, Winchester 1300,... Can't really go wrong with them if they're in decent shape.

If you prefer Colt... Well depends what you're looking to get into?

A nice 1911 perhaps? A simple Series 70 is hard to go wrong with really.

And then there's AR15 rifles that shouldn't be discounted for home defense. Colt SP6920 & SP6940. Both pretty good AR15 rifles.

Hassknecht said:
I want a gun that fires bears.
A bearzooka.
I'll settle for this:
rocket_propelled_chainsaw.jpg

rpchainsaw5.jpg

Ah-Teen said:
Sexy as shit and I can vouch for it's retention. That shit isn't going to fall out no matter what he does.
Kydex has a pretty shitty rep when it comes to retention in shitty circumstances. If it's going to be worn in Yellowstone, a fall or a run in with a tree is not unlikely in the long run and it's really got a bad name for that kinda thing, especially in an open holster.

Personally, I've never used a holster extensively, let alone a kydex one. But going by the reputation, your statement is tenuous at best.

Ah-Teen said:
It's not just a penis enlarger. It's his bear gun...
Yeah, good thing you said "not JUST a penis enlarger"... LOL

Back