The Guns and Ammo Thread

WillisPDunlevey said:
Because I dont have a press at home to push the barrels into the trunnions myself. I also dont have the jigs to do the trunnion rivets either.

Is there a reason you can't buy one off the rack?

actually, one of the AKs is a simple job, just having the barrel swapped out.

The second one is a near complete rebuild. Im having all the parts taken off of a Maadi MISR receiver and replaced with parts from the Stembridge sell off (by longmountain)

The parts kit for that rifle contains some mish mash parts from three steyr maadi imports (top cover has one serial number, bolt has a second serial number, barrel and rear sight block has a third number) that "may" have been used in semi auto prop guns from red dawn (Stembridge supplied the full auto rifles and a number of prop semi autos used for the film. I have not bothered to match them up.

The parts have been given a "worn look" and were coated by the prop department to keep them from rusting.

WPD

DammitBoy said:
WillisPDunlevey said:
Because I dont have a press at home to push the barrels into the trunnions myself. I also dont have the jigs to do the trunnion rivets either.

Is there a reason you can't buy one off the rack?
I have been an AK collector for more than 20 years, so I have bought more than one off the rack.

DammitBoy said:
pics or it never happened
as soon as I get them back.

here is a before
maadi7.jpg

and an old Saiga i sold
Saiga1.jpg

TheGM said:
July 4th 1776, the day the planet earth stopped sucking because America was born.
The day a nation ripped itself from the (at the time) "free-est" nation in the world (british bill of rights) due to "high" taxes (historically, brits were taxed 3x as hard as colonials, and colonials were taxed about 1%, wow that's heavy taxing!) and then upped the taxes tenfold when creating a new nation and building a makeshift army to defend it (that last part actually caused the french to default on their own loans ruining the country, so costly was their aid the the fledgling USA). :lol:

I love the US, but sometimes you guys do pretty silly things.

DammitBoy said:
Doing silly things is better than being anybody else.
Undoubtly.
By the way, your signature has an european origin. Put something american there instead. :P
Just saying.

Hm, I thought it was king Leonidas who said it first. Am I wrong? :scratch:
Meanwhile, there are some fancy guns:

25i6tr4.jpg

Back