The Guns and Ammo Thread

Don't like collecting things with no functional use*. Guns without the permission to actual carry them are nice to see, but pointless (for me). Despite for sport/hunt of course.

Yes I like and want weapons, but I want them "whole". (Arguing here is arguing against taste, so again pointless).
But I would never agree with liberal gun laws, if we could't be sure that they would not increase violence in society. Therefore, whining is the only thing I can do imho ;)

*defending myself in emergency case

Yeah, weapons in Germany are not really for home defense, at least not if you store them in a legal way.
Yeah, guns are cool and all that, but it's not worth the money and trouble (which can be quite a lot in Germany) in my eyes.
Sports shooting can be a nice hobby, but I prefer the more "manual" weapons like bows for that.

I have several weapons, including a Norinco 1911 .45ACP, a Russian SVT-40 7.62x54r mm, a Yugo SKS, and enough ammunition to last me the next decade. I'm also in the process of getting a Chiappa Rhino 60DS.

4 surplus 7.62x54r 880 rnds per box. When I take the SVT-40 shooting I rely on the Silver Bear brand (174 gr) which comes in boxes of 20 for around $10. 2 boxes of .45ACP (500 per box) Winchester 230 gr, and 2200 or so rounds of surplus 7.62x39 mm. On top of that we have a few hundred .22 lr stored to go along with the AR7, and some 9x19mm (200 in a box if memory serves).

Not really boxes, in the case of the 54r, and 39 they're in wooden crates, whereas the .45 ACP is in 2 plastic cases full of individual packs of 50.

Bhaldur said:
Damn, I want guns, but I'm living in Germany. Of course, we have guns, in between 11-20.000.000 illegal guns, carried by our most trustfully criminals.

If you live in Germany, you have access to neat stuff like Semi-Auto MP44s, MP40s etc. that are way harder or more expensive to get in the USA...

You also have access to 30 and 40rd magazines for the VZ-52/57 rifle.... I would love to get my hands on some of those.

WPD

DammitBoy said:
Very constructive :D
But it's true. The german gun laws are ridiculously complicated and convoluted.
I don't really care about it, though. I don't hunt (which is also heavily regulated. It's almost impossible to go hunting if you're not a professional hunter) and I don't need a gun to protect myself.

I never understood the appeal of shooting, anyway (the long term appeal, that is). Yeah, I can imagine that it's fun at first, but doesn't the novelty of "pull trigger -> it goes bang -> a hole appears" wear off pretty fast?

Horus9k said:
4 surplus 7.62x54r 880 rnds per box. When I take the SVT-40 shooting I rely on the Silver Bear brand (174 gr) which comes in boxes of 20 for around $10. 2 boxes of .45ACP (500 per box) Winchester 230 gr, and 2200 or so rounds of surplus 7.62x39 mm. On top of that we have a few hundred .22 lr stored to go along with the AR7, and some 9x19mm (200 in a box if memory serves).

Not really boxes, in the case of the 54r, and 39 they're in wooden crates, whereas the .45 ACP is in 2 plastic cases full of individual packs of 50.

That's not alot of ammo, certainly not enough to last a decade - if you are practicing on a regular basis - which is a good idea if you want to be a skilled shooter.

Your boxes of .45 wouldn't last long for me - I shoot 100 rounds a week of .45 and that's not much at all. Professional shooters go through thousands of rounds each week to keep their skillset sharp.

Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:
Very constructive :D
But it's true. The german gun laws are ridiculously complicated and convoluted.
I don't really care about it, though. I don't hunt (which is also heavily regulated. It's almost impossible to go hunting if you're not a professional hunter) and I don't need a gun to protect myself.

I never understood the appeal of shooting, anyway (the long term appeal, that is). Yeah, I can imagine that it's fun at first, but doesn't the novelty of "pull trigger -> it goes bang -> a hole appears" wear off pretty fast?

No, it doesn't. And you misinterpreted what I was laughing at.

DammitBoy said:
That's not alot of ammo, certainly not enough to last a decade - if you are practicing on a regular basis - which is a good idea if you want to be a skilled shooter.
Yeah, when I practice shooting I buy ammo specifically for that purpose. My stock is for a rainy day.

DammitBoy said:
Well, to each his own, I guess.
Eh, it was 50/50 I guessed the right thing yuo were laughing at.
So it's the "manual weapons"? What's funny about that?
It's just what I'd prefer if I had the time to pick up shooting as a hobby.

Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:
Well, to each his own, I guess.
Eh, it was 50/50 I guessed the right thing yuo were laughing at.
So it's the "manual weapons"? What's funny about that?
It's just what I'd prefer if I had the time to pick up shooting as a hobby.

I was amused by two germans discussing the safety of private gun ownership.

---

back on topic +62

4BORE-L-S.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ybkiUl30Q[/youtube]

I want to be this guy when I grow up. :allears: (and have that rifle)

My dad has a few ancient LC-smith side by sides just as nice looking as that dammit. Worth a pretty penny too. Never sell em though.

Whats with the blue coloration/distortion? Is that an antique or new?

mobucks said:
Whats with the blue coloration/distortion? Is that an antique or new?

That is color from case hardening. Its a more expensive process than dipping something in a parkerizing tank or painting it with a powder coat.

it also looks nicer

Wintermind said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ybkiUl30Q[/youtube]

I want to be this guy when I grow up. :allears: (and have that rifle)

I am sincerely considering making that my next gun purchase. I had been eye balling it for quite a while, the price point was a bit to rich for my blood at the time though because I had just bought my 6940. It has come down considerably in price just glancing around gun broker.

The only other thing on my radar is still that Kel-Tec shotgun. I am still incredibly interested to see how that pans out.

a 14+1 round 12 gauge shotgun? Oh yes please.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwN8jHSEhCE&feature=player_embedded#at=27[/youtube]

Not only does it have practical use, it is also one giant cock slap in the face of gun control tards everywhere. A double win!

It seems to be en vogue to build Neostead-like shotguns.
Now Turkey has one, too, the UTAS UTS15.
1309783756.jpg

Back