Browning Buckmark .22
Nagat Revolver
Smith & Wessen model 15
S&W model 36
Charter Arms Bulldog Snub .44 Spl
Charter Arms Bulldog .38 Spl
CZ 550 in 6.5 x 55 swede
one auto loader and one bolt action .22 Rifles

Anyone have any personal experience with the cheaper Romanian WASR AKs? I want an AK style rifle, not really looking to fork over money towards one of the nicer Arsenals. Just something that I can have fun on the range with and take pictures with me wearing a bandanna over my face to scare liberals and uppity Europeans.

Bal-Sagoth said:
Anyone have any personal experience with the cheaper Romanian WASR AKs? I want an AK style rifle, not really looking to fork over money towards one of the nicer Arsenals. Just something that I can have fun on the range with and take pictures with me wearing a bandanna over my face to scare liberals and uppity Europeans.

WASR AKs can be ok, it depends on who did the conversion of the mag well and how well the gun was assembled in the first place.

Before you buy one, make sure you can get the mag to lock and unlock reasonably well.

Also make sure that the front sight base, gas block and rear sight base are lined up.

Arsenals are a bit too expensive (for my tastes). If you look hard, you can find an older Romanian rifle that is of better quality than a WASR. Look for ROMAK, CUR, or SAR romanian versions (the "brand name" etched on the side. (They are all made by RATMIL or CUIGR) factories.

WPD

Sabirah said:
I should get a gun.

How does one go about this in New York?
Depends on if you are in NYC or in the state. Its Much easier if you live outside the city.

If you want a gun, get some cash and go to a gun store... they will go out of their way to explain how to sell you a gun legally.

WPD

DammitBoy said:
Shit! I just realized I've only bought one gun so far this year!!
Oh noes! The government will now oppress you and marauding bands of scum will rape you in the streets!

WillisPDunlevey said:
Sabirah said:
I should get a gun.

Depends on if you are in NYC or in the state. Its Much easier if you live outside the city.

If you want a gun, get some cash and go to a gun store... they will go out of their way to explain how to sell you a gun legally.

WPD

Unfortunately I'm in the city. :(

Do revolvers have a bad kick to them?

Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:
Oh noes! The government will now oppress you and marauding bands of scum will rape you in the streets!

Well, Britain DOES have a higher violent Crime rate then the US since they prohibited handguns.

Sabirah said:
WillisPDunlevey said:
Sabirah said:
I should get a gun.

WPD

Unfortunately I'm in the city. :(

Do revolvers have a bad kick to them?

Best of luck getting a gun in NYC, the gestapo there does not like guns and will do anything in there power to make sure no one gets a handgun. As for revolvers, it depends on the round and the revolver. Best thing would be to test shoot a number of types of guns and see what you are comfortable with. A firing range may have rentals for you to target shoot at the range. Also I do recommend a basic gun safety course if you never handled guns so you can build into your memory the four simple rules of gun safety.

drgong said:
Best of luck getting a gun in NYC, the gestapo there does not like guns and will do anything in there power to make sure no one gets a handgun.Best thing would be to test shoot a number of types of guns and see what you are comfortable with. A firing range may have rentals for you to target shoot at the range. Also I do recommend a basic gun safety course if you never handled guns so you can build into your memory the four simple rules of gun safety.

I guess I know what I'm doing next time I go visit my sister in Virginia. Do those courses take a while?

Depends on the instructor, but it can be as simple as a hour or so.

The Canadian version is the easiest to remember.

ACTS

Assume every firearm is loaded.
Control the muzzle direction at all times.
Trigger finger off trigger and out of trigger guard.
See that the firearm is unloaded. PROVE it safe.

The Cooper rules are a variation that I learned

All guns are always loaded.
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

That, and learn how to make sure to check to see if a firearm is loaded. Those basic rules will take you a long way in gun safety.

Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:

You mean the 48 guns I already have won't protect me from the gubmint? I was afraid of that, I better buy some more this weekend...

The four rules as I learned them are

The gun is always loaded.
Never point the gun at or cover the muzzle with something you are not willing to see destroyed
Keep your finger off of the trigger until ready shoot.
Be aware of your target; what is behind it, what is behind that? Can the bullet penetrate and kill a six year old? Keep that shit pointed at the backstop/berm.

tkb022pm2.jpg

lulz?

Russian bullpups are pretty interesting tech.

There are a couple people in the USA who are trying to duplicate the tech used for this rifle.
The hard part is making a device to strip the round from the mag and bring it forward to the chamber by pulling it rather than having the bolt push the round forward. There is no bolt behind the mag in this gun.

Back