The Guns and Ammo Thread

Wintermind said:
The tracking system on guns extends to serial numbers. A big, proper tracking system. would basically require strapping a cellphone to it, and would require charging it regularly.

or nanomachines (like metal gear).
Wasn't it fairly obvious I was referring to unique IDs like serial codes? Weapon tracking in this context simply means having unique IDs that aren't easily removed, and keeping records about the buyers of each gun.

As for the Saudis being the culprits, I have literally zero idea (much like any other poster on nma I would think)- but I find it most likely that they would up in Libya through some middleman country rather than directly from GER.

DammitBoy said:
The answer to the question; "what would happen if dammitboy won the lottery?"

5712036832_aeab326f9e_z.jpg

This would be room #1 of the 8 suite armory...
I guess the other rooms would contain the non-Heckler&Koch guns?

Re: Nothing More Post-Apocalyptic than a Sten

DammitBoy said:
Sabirah said:
DammitBoy said:
WillisPDunlevey said:

That is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen...

All guns are ugly :P

You thought I was talking about the gun?
It is an ugly gun, but I have always wanted a Sten. A FA STen would have cost me $5k for a reweld/tube gun or $10k for a C&R.

I was not in the market for a Semi auto sten "carbine" or rifle with a 16" ant eater barrel hanging out the front end... so a Pistol was the best option for me.

On the upside, it looks very Falloutish to me (sten type SMGs would be very easy to make compared to SIGs and AUGs after a nuclear exchange). This will be part of my Halloween costume this year.

I primarely shoot with:
a Manurhin MR 38 Match, im thinking of getting one myself, but its kinda expensive and not that easy to get.

Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:

Suite #1 ~ H&K room
Suite #2 ~ Ruger room
Suite #3 ~ DPMS room
Suite #4 ~ Guns of the Old West room
Suite #5 ~ Guns of the World Wars room
Suite #6 ~ Guns of the Civil War room
Suite #7 ~ Guns of Russia room
Suite #8 ~ The everything else room

Azathoth said:
I primarely shoot with:
a Manurhin MR 38 Match, im thinking of getting one myself, but its kinda expensive and not that easy to get.
Why limit yourself to 38? (unless it's a meant as a real match gun ofc)

I have an MR-73 5.25", should cost you between 1000 & 1200 euros max new.

I actually havent put too much thought into it, because i want a revolver and except for a 2,5" Smith and the MR 38 i havent shot any.

Gotta think about it, dont got the money right now anyway.

DammitBoy said:
Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:

Suite #1 ~ H&K room
Suite #2 ~ Ruger room
Suite #3 ~ DPMS room

Are swords inluded in the everything else room? Or is it just guns?

Sabirah said:
DammitBoy said:
Hassknecht said:
DammitBoy said:

Suite #1 ~ H&K room
Suite #2 ~ Ruger room
Suite #3 ~ DPMS room

Are swords inluded in the everything else room? Or is it just guns?

Yes, I have a small sword, knife, and bayonet collection already. I find myself constantly attracted to damascus and watered steel blades...

Of course there's sharp and pointy shit. You gotta have bayonets.

Also, yeah, muskets don't fit into any sort of machinegun category in the slightest. On the upside, you can get mailorder kits and make one yourself. Though NY may not be cool with that because it's a terrible state.

Wintermind said:
Of course there's sharp and pointy shit. You gotta have bayonets.

Also, yeah, muskets don't fit into any sort of machinegun category in the slightest. On the upside, you can get mailorder kits and make one yourself. Though NY may not be cool with that because it's a terrible state.

But we got the biggest Desi population in the country :)!

And I'll have to check that. I always kinda liked the art they used to make in making guns. I went to the museum of modern art last weekend and they had all these old muskets and pistols with lovely engravings in them.

Became a proud owner of little Llama yesterday. Traded an old, not-in-very-good-shape Makarov for it.This is not mine but it's the same model.

image000jpgv.jpg

I wouldn't count this as me, but my uncle has a Lee Enfield bolt-action rifle he inherited of his dad from WW2. Don't know many details about it, it's hiding in his cupboard.

I hope to one day inherit a Springfield, an M-1, a WWII 1911, a musket, a cap and ball revolver with a foot long barrel, and a mirror finish 12 ga riot mossberg. Knowing my dad, even at 78, hes probably got another good 20 years in him, which by that time he will be so senile he will will the guns to his dead hunting dog. I'd love to get a pic of that 12ga, it's beyond description.

Back