The Guns and Ammo Thread

:::SILUS::: said:
Became a proud owner of little Llama yesterday. Traded an old, not-in-very-good-shape Makarov for it.This is not mine but it's the same model.

image000jpgv.jpg

That's a 9mm, not a .22 - so not the same model...

DammitBoy said:
Mall Ninja nonsense...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mall ninja

"A term used in forums to mean an unexperienced and enthusiastic weapon(usually a firearm)owner who pretends to be a seasoned operator. The phrase came about as a result of an over the top character in a famous satirical thread."

I don't pretend to be an operator or anything else. I just like to collect things. Others buy alcohol or cigarette. I buy a rifle and a First Aid kit. Big deal. :roll:

Yes, it did. It's an antique - they now consider it a 'machine gun', so it's not legal to own without a $200 tax stamp and ATF approval.

DammitBoy said:
Yes, it did. It's an antique - they now consider it a 'machine gun', so it's not legal to own without a $200 tax stamp and ATF approval.

Lol. The government calls an old revolver (that i assume is single shot) as a machine gun. How odd

Legally, the definition of a machinegun as far as the American government is concerned is a gun that fires more than one round per user action. The horrible bastards.

(fuck the ATF by the way)

Sabirah said:
DammitBoy said:

Lol. The government calls an old revolver (that i assume is single shot) as a machine gun. How odd

It fires multiple projectiles with a single pull of the trigger. This is how the batf decides what we can have and not have.

Which is a complete violation of the 2nd amendment.

DammitBoy said:
Sabirah said:
DammitBoy said:

It fires multiple projectiles with a single pull of the trigger. This is how the batf decides what we can have and not have.

Which is a complete violation of the 2nd amendment.

that's pretty much why the ATF exists

Nothing scarier than a gun. Shocked that so many of you guys own them. Also, some you are pretty thourough about this too.

Is it all due to playing fallout? Safe and secure is one thing, but you're really prepared for whatever comes your way, aren't you?

secretmutant said:
Nothing scarier than a gun. Shocked that so many of you guys own them. Also, some you are pretty thourough about this too.

Is it all due to playing fallout? Safe and secure is one thing, but you're really prepared for whatever comes your way, aren't you?

Yeah. After playing Fallout the Americans wrote the constitution allowing people to own fire arms. Good deduction man.

secretmutant said:

Well I don't have a gun (New York) but If it were legal I might get one. But that's just because if society broke down like in London I would wanna be prepared.

secretmutant said:

The way you think is pretty scary. Guns, not so much. What other inanimate objects scare you junior?

Knives, scissors, baseball bats?

Been away for a little bit due to work and relocation of the family about 3/4 of the way across the continent. Anyways, thought I'd share a few pics of an early birthday present from the wife: A 60 round Surefire AR magazine:

sf2.JPG

sf3.JPG

sf4.JPG

sf8.JPG

sf7.jpg

sf6.jpg

I would try the surfire 60 and 100rd mags if they were not so expensive. Lucky you have a wife that gets you fun stuff for your berfday.

There is a 60rd 5.45x39 Ak mag out now but I have not bought one yet either (supposedly a good copy of the 60rd mag for the AN-94/97 rifles but fits in any 5.45.

Back