The Guns and Ammo Thread

They are certainly interesting. Don't know how they are being marketed over there. Over here, my understanding is that you get the baffle stack welded to the short barrel to bring it to legal length, but the tube requires registration.

I think it is a fascinating, if mildly unwieldy, way to market the rifle to the NFA community. I do wonder how many folks are going to purchase it and never buy the tube.

The last time I spoke to my former distributor, he was under the impression that only the MPX-C was going to be available, with all the other models being select fire. However, recent ad copy I saw showed the MPX as also being available in semi-auto. I'd be more interested in that model, depending on price, than the C model.

The baffle stuff on the carbine version is not relevant here because:
1) suppressors are illegal for civilians, thus the design loses much of its value.
2) the legal concept of SBRs doesn't exist, so we don't have to bother artificially lengthening our rifles to meet some length standard.

So I doubt they'll import any of the "carbine" variant to Belgium at all. We'll have the short MPX (6.5") & even shorter MPX-C (5") as the standard, I guess? I'm considering the MPX with 6.5" barrel. Though for 9x19mm the additional barrel length does very little to add velocity. But it's short enough as far as I'm concerned.

Might take a while before it gets here though. I'm guessing the american market will get priority, as Sig Sauer Germany could not tell me when it would become available in Europe.

I have posted this a few other places and I may as well post it in this thread , I am looking for some of the Rechargeable CO2 Bulbs (12g), Brocock used to make them but since they have dropped off the market in the UK I can't find them if any one has a UK supplier or a EU supplier I would like to hear from you.

Wintermind said:
In sad gun-related news, Tom Knapp is dead.

What an amazing shooter he was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4

edit to add: this thread needs more pics of guns.

jydvy_1-tfb.jpg

axegun60cal1.jpg

4854100226_3f8cb0bddf_z.jpg

Everybody needs an axe gun for the zombie apocalypse

More bullets are on the way (Allegedly)

Four us importers have worked out a deal with major russian arms manufacturers for at least 960 million rounds of ammunition including 9x19 and 7.62x39.

Intrac was listed as one of the 4 importers.

If this is true and if the better part of a billion rounds are coming into the US in the next 6 months, that should fill she shelves up and lower panic prices quite a bit.

So... in the spirit of Fallout, I am attempting to sew my own magazine pouch for one of my Stens. I have new respect for the machines and or chinese slaves that do this for a living... its a PITA.

So far, I think it will eventually hold 7x 32rd 9mm magazines. I am using some old khaki pants for my materials on this first attemp.

If there is any interest, I will take some pix. I think it will take quite a bit of time (and I might cheat and use an actual sewing machine for some tedious parts)

Bound to happen sooner or later. Being unabashedly non-pc doesn't mix particularly well with hard left Europeans. Oh well.

As for some gun news, the M&P Shield is finally getting some real competition with the XDS-9 supposedly hitting shelves sometime next month.

xds9_i.jpg

If it shakes out to be as reliable as the Shield, I'll have to see if I can't pick up one of those instead since the Shield is now going for $100 over MSRP around here.

So I'm finally actually really going to pick up my first firearm early next month. After firing quite a few different rentals, I had decided I liked the FNP and was going to pick up its successor the FNX. Then, I discovered that I was foiled by California's silly gun laws: FN had never bothered to get the FNX on the DoJ's list of guns certified for sale in California.

Now, I have read on a couple different gun forums that there is a legal way around this. It involves getting the gun converted to only being capable of single-shot (as single-shot firearms are exempt from the requirement to be DoJ certified). Then it's shipped over (or do you get it shipped over then converted? I forget), you pick it up, and then convert it back to normal operation yourself, which isn't supposed to be terribly difficult.

That, however, involves quite a lot of extra steps and probably some extra expense. I don't think it's worth it, as I'm not absolutely IN LOVE with the FNX or anything. So, I'm back to two options: the FNP or the PX4 Storm.

Definitely going 9mm; cheaper ammo, my time on the range gave me the impression I was able to get back on target for follow up shots quicker compared to .45 rounds, and I doubt I'll have any trouble stopping someone in a home defense situation with good hollow point rounds.

As for Dammitboy... while I valued his contributions to this thread, his attitude elsewhere was a little bit beyond simply not being PC. Unfortunate, but he should've known better.

Kyuu said:
I'm back to two options: the FNP or the PX4 Storm.

Those are your only two options? I have not fired either one. I have seen the storm behind the counter and IIRC CDNN had a bunch of FNP and FNX that were remaindered for cheap.

I guess my STEN is not allowed in Cali :mrgreen:

Back