The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Serge 13, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Stone Cold Robert House

Stone Cold Robert House Mojave Rattlesnake

Jul 6, 2015
    The problem with Public Enemies was always that it wasted its potential. Lex Luthor as President of the United States? With the influence to oppose Superman like never before? In a position to prove himself as the prime human being? And a situation where you can explore both his character and Superman's when faced with potentially common threats which don't necessarily make them allies, or situations where one can't oppose the other despite having to, or maybe when one of them ends up being right and the other wrong? It has to be one of the best premises DC ever had to work with. Instead it's turned into a strange plot with a meteorite and Lex is reduced to injecting kryptonite into himself and getting crazy. Oh well. Not surprising considering it was written by Jeph Loeb.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Munich (2005)
    Top-notch thriller based on real events, with serious deep plot, raw realistic action, and really good actors.

3. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I really liked it, but - but!!!
    what on earth is with the cry-fuck scene? Could whatever that meant have been conveyed in any different way than a cry-fuck scene!? I'm pretty sure it could, whatever it was :I

4. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    Yes, that scene was a bit off. Thankfully it's very short moment appearing at the end of the movie, so no harm done.

5. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    Greatly disappointed by Jurassic World.

Whiny kids, shitty acting, overly obvious special effects in places where you shouldn't use special effects, crappy plot,...

Huge budget, no worthwhile content. Bummer.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Raptor squad was awesome though. It should get it's own morning cartoon!

7. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Don't watch The Martian guys, it sucks, anti intellectual to the core and they squander the entire premise halfway through just to Hollywood it up.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Ugh Eli Roth, hey lets scare my ignorant countrymen into thinking every place outside of the US is horrible and going to kill them in the worst ways. Don't go camping or to Europe or to South America. Oh and your character in IG was an example impotent rage and was a crappy character and fan-service.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well, you shouldn't camp in the amazons like fucking ever specially if you are american. This is from a latino.

10. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    A Midnight Clear (U.S. 1992)
    War movie with unique charm, this one got under my skin pretty easily. Without any overblown patriotism, without cheesy heroic action, this discreet flick is full of humanity instead.

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    People say Moon is the better choice as far as lone-guy-in-space movies goes anyway.

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    THe problems with the Martian are 1. The dialogue, it follows that school fo writting of just filling your script with "Snarky" remarks, the chaarcter of the protagonist is "Smartass nerd who makes references" which goes to....
    2. Pretty shallow characterization of any kind
    I mean there is even a dude whose character is "Being the latino guy", he is catholic, and he just laughs at everything. There is entire sections where it just is "Look at them smiling at their own jokes", and the main character doesn't have any emotional arc of any kind, he is the same guy at the end as he was at the beginning.
    And let's not forget the "Quirky Black scientist" who explains his theory in a "Quirky Modern manner!" with onomatopheias and such.

3. Even tho there is no humanity to the characters the entire plot is the most overly emotional and anti intellectual shit ever. The bad guy is the guy who doesn't want to risk 5 astronauts and a multi million dollar space ship just to rescue 1 guy in an overly risky operation, while still looking for ways to help the guy.

13. Giax

Giax It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 13, 2015
    Watched Black Mass. Seemed pretty good to me, and considering it has Depp as main actor this is a decent plus. Feels like he finally got bored to play the same type of bizarre, eccentric character which only differs from previous ones for makeup and story setting.

14. Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy Unbeliever

Oct 7, 2015
    Saw The Martian at the week-end. What a load of old bollocks.

15. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    In my experience, the best fan trailer, of in my opinion, the best movie ever made:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  16. Aniki

Aniki Just Works

Oct 9, 2015
    Best trailers for best movies

17. LordAshur

LordAshur Banned

Jul 18, 2015
    I'm curious, did anyone outside former Yugoslavia see this film:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  18. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Why are those Slavs holding a Confederate flag in that poster tho

19. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    Between all the incest, alcoholism and poverty they're basically Europe's rednecks.

20. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    I got one, Norway doesn't really do anything. :D:grin: