Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, Feb 21, 2017.

Is this poll pointless?

1. Yes

25.3%
  2. No

10.7%
  3. INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

64.0%
  1. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    More of a shitty house problem then a shitty season problem. I'm in the same boat except my pipes don't freeze because I keep a little flow in them. I just don't heat the house. I stay dressed or under the covers with my dog. It's cozy. House is usually around 45-50 degrees. I love it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Dinghy

Dinghy Irish Traveler

Dec 8, 2019
    Unpopular opinion: The food here tastes terrible and the portions are much too small.

3. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Typical Irish Grifter.

*Lets my pitbull out in the yard* Say Hello to Cookie. Awww she's a good girl.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Skeleton King oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Even with it running they still end up freezing. Even if I lived in a good house still I would dislike it due to the car freezing up, needing to defrost the windshield, inclement weather. I really like carving wood outside but I can't now. It's not really feasible to do it indoors.

5. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Well different strokes. Probably far colder on average where you're at too.

Blighttown is one of the best and most fun areas in the first dark souls.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Super Metroid is overrated.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Only one I ever played was Metroid: Prime. It's pretty good but like... What the fuck is that aiming? The control scheme is like a hybrid of resident evil and mgs3 but it's in an fps. If that sounds retarded it's because it is. The analog stick controls your movement and the cameras movement at the same time while the c-stick is use to aim up and down but only when you lock yourself in place by holding R.

Seriously what the fuck is this control scheme?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Nintendo always has to be different.

9. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Pork is overrated, so are pieces of music with choruses in them.

You should be required to have a license or go to prison before you can have either kids or pets.

10. Squadcar

Squadcar Literal Potbelly Vampire Goblin

Jun 1, 2018
    Can definitely agree with this. I really don't like much pork served warm, it's fine, I'll eat it but if I'm spending money on the food I'm getting something else. I'd rather have ham for sandwiches or country ham.

Turkey is also usually I would not willing spend money on.

11. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Pseud

Mar 9, 2018
    I know it's not exactly politically correct to say but why haven't you fuckin' zombies learned your lesson? How many times do we have to do this song and dance before you take a hint? We don't want you here, we don't want to see your disgusting face with its holes and maggots and your horrible stench. The only people who want you around are messiah complex faggots and some sick motherfuckers who want squishy zombie cock squirtin' zombie jism in their snatch and ass! So fuck off you ghoul motherfucker before I shoot you myself!

12. Squadcar

Squadcar Literal Potbelly Vampire Goblin

Jun 1, 2018
    What an opinion.

13. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Lyrics are overrated in music.

14. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Janusz Korwin- Mikke is not only an inspiring politician, but also a talented singer.

15. edit_au

edit_au First time out of the vault

Jan 18, 2020
    Halo is just a mediocre FPS and is only popular because console gamers at the time thought they were witnessing the birth of FPS games.

16. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    That one doesn't even make sense bud.

Consoles had already seen plenty of great fps games such as

GoldenEye
    Quake
    Perfect Dark
    Alien Resurrection
    Timesplitters
    Star wars: Dark Forces
    Medal of honor
    Duke Nukem
    Ultimate Doom
    doom 64

Hell the PlayStation 2 even got a pretty decent port of half-life before Halo. (Like four days before Halo released but still)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. edit_au

edit_au First time out of the vault

Jan 18, 2020
    It didn't make sense at the time either, but that's how everyone was raving about the game :p No one has ever told me what was groundbreaking about Halo

18. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Mostly aim assist and online multiplayer. Both of those were new for consoles as far as I remember. Plus a lot of people fell in love with the universe. But I couldn't tell you for sure, Personally I missed the Halo train because I had a Windows 98 PC, GameCube, and a PS2 during that era. Didn't have an original Xbox until well into the 7th generation.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  19. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Sounds like one of those PC Mustard Race types, ya know with a thick Neck Beard and receding hairline. He's probably bitter about all the things Halo did to ruin fps games after it came out when every developer had to take all our guns but two away. though Halo does get blamed for making health regen a thing, that was Halo 2. it was just the shields in the first one.
    I had one during this time. Halo was okish I guess. I have never got the hype about the game and I had way more fun with Timesplitters 2.

20. KingArthur

KingArthur Scotty Doesn’t Know

Jun 25, 2018
    I’ve got an unpopular opinion, liable to give Graves an aneurism.

Assassin’s Creed isn’t the video game holocaust everyone treats it as. Certain ones are fun, and I can (and will) argue that III and Rogue are good.