Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by burn, Jul 9, 2019.
How terrible would it be to install FOTweaks over RPU if have already started a game?
Disregard, I've restarted so many times, I can blaze through the first four towns now .
I am reserving 4 saves "leaving The Den 1st time", "leaving Redding", "before getting Miria", and "before leaving Gecko for car" in order to get into new game quickly. Sometimes it's possible to get to them easy without much fix.
Is there any way to tinker with saves while using these mods? Curious because I like to minimize the grind every now and then.
Most of the time F12se can do it. Some of the time F2se can do it.
doesn't work with this mod
FO2tweaks is safe it install, enable or disable at any point. (If you run into an issue, that's a bug, and should be reported to github)
As far as I know, the latest version of F12SE supports UPU, RPU (in fact, it supports latest sfall features, UPU and RPU are just using them). If you have a problem with those, bug @vad in the corresponding topic.
It keeps barking at me that I've overwritten the ddraw.dll file for RP and it won't go away. I have FO2tweaks included and the V16 RP update. What could fix this?
in ddraw.ini, do this
It doesn't help sometimes.
You see if One switches to new eXtended Sfall some settings have to go to different sections of the ddraw.ini in order to work, but this dumb RP security script issues a warning anyways. This is especially true since I've managed to have the warning gone completely with sfall eXtended 4.2.3 and RPUv12. However after updating to RPUv16 and sfall .dll from new 4.2.6, and mooving coresponding lines in the RP .ini to their new sections (according to what was in v4.2.6 .ini that came with sfall extended 4.2.6), RP security script started to go crazy. It would be cool if somebody would actually finaly remove this security shit altogether. it ain't streamer friendly either. For me it seemes that Killap added his kind of DRM to a DRM free game, sounds kind of ironic but this red message begins to piss me off.
It works as a reminder not a "Digital Rights Management" because some people don't like to read the readme/instructions. Maybe it should take Et Tu's way that uses a pop-up message box and ends the game immediately right after so not giving the chance to continue playing the game in wrong configuration. Also simply adding that line for RP is like bury your head in the sand.
Sorry, didn't look at the context before I posted.
Can u explain a few things?
1. I downloaded the latest sfall version. Is it also the extended version? what is the extended version?
2. I recently downloaded the latest inventory filter, and replaced my ddraw.ini with the new one, merging the old one by going one by one and replacing in the new file. Is this the "right way" to merge ini? I had no problems so far. (other than that annoying red message, which was solved by adding the line "ModifiedIni=42")
1. Can u refer me to where it is written about in the readme/instructions for this kind of problem? I couldn't find a reference myself.
2. about simply adding the line? What else should I do to avoid it? When I asked the cause, I've been given the answer that it is simply because the .ini is not the same as the original. I mean, I only made a minor change in the ddraw.ini, and it happend.
1. Since that kind of problem mostly happens when someone updates their sfall version:
2. The default ddraw.ini from sfall package is for vanilla FO2, in which some options that RP requires are not enabled. At very least RP requires WorldMapSlots=21 & BoostScriptDialogLimit=1 for its core content working correctly. If you really "only made a minor change in the ddraw.ini" the ModifiedIni=42 line in the existing ini shouldn't be gone to make the warning appear.
Thanks for explaining, NovaRain. I guess I did something wrong, and I thought I did it as u say.
Can u explain this line again? I'm not sure I understand what u mean.
Recommend a Chemmie recipe change:
First Aid Kit.
It's pretty useful as it can be ingredient for making: doctor bag, buffout, mentats, radx.
Its recipe is ridiculous expensive with Stimpak, empty hypo, Poison antidote, rad away. ESPECIALLY the radaway thing, considering its price is more than the kit anyway. And FAK is not used to reduce rads, so this inclusion is plain weird.
I suggest to change the Radaway thing into Booze (using alcohol to cleanse the tool, clean the wound).
1.Sfall eXtended is a fork of the original sfall made by Mr.Stalin forum member here on NMA. His Sfall can be downloaded via his signature which is visible after you log-in. eXtended version has a couple of neat features that are missing in standard sfall.
2.I made sure all RP related stuff is in my ddraw.ini as was in the original RP sfall's ddaw.ini. ModifiedIni=42 same as the stuff Nova mentions later on plus some other stuff like karma related lines. all remains the same. it's except that in sfall extended some lines go into different sections of ddraw.ini in order for them to work (theese lines need to be in diffrent sections than in original RP2.3.3 ddraw.ini in order for those lines to work correctly under new sfall) however dumb & outdated RP security script, sees that certain things are not where 'it' thinks they should be, despite that sfall no longer looks for them there, and this dumb security feature throws this goddamn red sign .It really should be disabled, PPL really shouldn't be treated as little kiddies. Everyone is (and should be) responsible for their ow actions, despite what liberals think. and so if somebody screwes up his install they should be allowed to play even if the consequences are fucked up savegame, and it should happen with out the goddamn red warning sign. there's a rock just before temple of trials entrance that says whether it's ok to play or One needs to fix things. this fucking red sign in the middle of a screen and in the middle of a playthrough isn't going to help anyone (especially the streamers). such stuff is not only bad rep for the game outside of this forum but also bad karma for the modders responsible, beause of the former ;p
Thanks for explaining.
The new sfall, not-extended - the ini order is also different from the original. I know what u mean about like after
and other different things.
So if u indeed merge the same way as I did, and still get the red sign, then u are correct that the extended version is the reason. Just saying so u will have the information..
no i didn't mean that. Some lines from one section have to be mooved to a different ones and that's the main reason i think. Good find with the overall section mixup i actually haven't thought about it, but this could be a thing as well.
I was talking about this as well.
like "WorldMapSlots=21" is under [misc] in the original, and [interface] in the new one.
Just to make sure, I will explain how I merged.
1. I copied the first ini option from the original - "UseCommandLine=0"
2. Searched the line "UseCommandLine=" in the new ini
3. Changed "UseCommandLine=0/1" to "UseCommandLine=0", like the original.
4. Copy the second line in original ini - "TranslationsINI=./translations.ini"
5. Search the....... it goes back again until u finish copying each line from the original.
After all that, I added the modified=42 line, since the red sign won't go away for me without it. (Maybe I did something wrong in the past, because NovaRain says it should work.)
That way, the structure of the new ini file remains as it is, thus minimizing potential errors.
ProTip: Use Notepad++ and compare them side by side^^