UP and RP updates

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by burn, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Dweller

Oct 28, 2009
    So you're basically saying the red sign problem is gone for you? because if not, than your second sentence, explains why the fuck this RP security feature issues the warning... since this security feature looks for WorldMapSlots=21 under [misc] while it's under [interface] now. so I'm guessing the RP security feature can't see it now, and hence why issues a warning.

Am I right?

@Matt Drax
    I always do check them side by side

2. Sojonin

Sojonin First time out of the vault

Jan 21, 2018
    The security check needs to be reworked for the current files, it's searching for outdated locations.

3. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    It's sounds about right. This is my conclusion also.
    I have no errors during game time, yet without the modified=42 line, I still get the error sign. (although, again, according to what Nova replied, it suppose to work without the line modified=42. So maybe I did something wrong..)
    BTW, I did have errors during gameplay on certain occasions when I didn't merge according to new structure.

Also, I tried relocating the WorldMapSlots=21 line to it's old location, and the red sign is still there. But this is a partial try to fix it since more things are not where they used to be.

4. Sojonin

Jan 21, 2018
    Is there still no way to get the latest versions to work with FO2Tweaks?

5. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    You are responsible. You changed ddraw.ini - handle that. If you can't, that's your problem. That's the definition of responsibility.

I have no particular love for the warning, it's just kept because it's always been there. (But it's changed to check actual settings, rather then ModifiedIni, which was just a dummy). The script doing the check is in RPU repo, open for everyone to see and is easy to understand.

FO2tweaks is, and always was compatible with UPU and RPU.

6. Sojonin

Jan 21, 2018
    I'm aware it works as a whole, but is there a proper removal of the red child-proof lock?

7. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Yes, just set the correct setting in the right stanza.

8. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Maybe show a message box and use "signal_end_game" macro to terminate the game instead of letting the player continue the game with repeating red warning.

9. Sojonin

Jan 21, 2018
    Notepad++ doesn't work for ddraw.dll, which is what I need to try to merge/overwrite properly. What, if anything, works for that?

10. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    ddraw.ini .. ofc you can't open the .dll with a text editor.

11. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    Hello. The problem is still not fixed in UPU version 16:
    • newr2.map - ugly slots machine & old McGee scripts (replaced 2 scripts: nimcgslt.int & ncmcgee.int)
    • reddown.map - litle girl frame replaced on standard child frame (otherwise, not displayed)
    • v15ent.map - moved the box, added an interior to an empty room
    • NCR4.map - the mountains are drawn and the passage is masked

• Added children animation patch, tribal fix, 120% mutants animation.
    • Added missing interface frames. Relevant for playing in a different language when choosing English.

Fixes

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Klipp

Klipp First time out of the vault

Monday
    The original RP mod that Killap published had all of the text files, script files, and other files exposed in a folder structure but now most everything is packed inside the rpu.dat file.

I used to change values in .txt files (like party.txt and worldmap.txt) and could easily add mods (like the Alt-Miria Mod v2 or Home sweet home 1.1) by adding, overwriting, and editing files in the folder structure that Killap used.

Do I need to unpack rpu.dat, make my changes, and then repack rpu.dat?

Since I sometimes go back and forth editing .txt files while testing my changes in-game, is there anyway that I could unpack the rpu.dat file and leave it in the old folder structure that killap had? What modding would I need to make since rpu.dat wouldn't exist anymore?

Thanks! :-)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020 at 6:07 AM
  13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    You can just unpack everything and delete the rpu.dat - as long as all files are in the right place, it won't make a difference.

Just put everything into /mods/rpu/ and done.

/Edit: You will have to add the mod path to the ddraw.ini file, though.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    /mods/rpu.dat/ and done.

15. Klipp

Monday
    Thanks Lexx and Mr. Stalin, that worked perfectly! :-)

Do I also need to make the .pro files "read only"?

This page on the wiki (https://falloutmods.fandom.com/wiki/Packaging_your_mod_into_a_DAT_file) says "One of the main advantages of putting your mod into a dat file is that you don't have to worry about setting the *.pro files as read only and it is also a whole lot tidier."

I viewed the properties of the proto files in Windows and Windows said they weren't already "read only" but I don't know if the wiki comment is referring to something else.

Sorry I'm such a noob but thanks again for the help!

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    No, proto files in the /mods/ folder won't be deleted, unlike proto files in /data/

17. Klipp

Monday
    Gotcha, thanks!

18. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    It's not even necessary to unpack, "data" dir has highest priority, so you can just put the files there.
    And individual files can be downloaded from the repo.