Voice acting - Liam Neeson has lead role in Fallout 3

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, May 8, 2007.

1. Starwars

Starwars Mildly Dipped

Sep 17, 2006
    Wouldn't think it will affect the price tag on the game. Anyways, even though they're not on the same level of fame (I guess) MrSmileyFaceDude (a dev) posted a while back on the Bethsoft forums that Patrick Stewart wasn't all that expensive to hire for Oblivion, even though people obviously like to make cracks about it.

Anyways, time will tell if the scrip is any good. Both Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean are excellent actors, but with an uninteresting script, there's not much to do with it really. Not to mention that voiceacting is rather different than 'normal' acting.

2. BRKL

BRKL First time out of the vault

Oct 25, 2004
    Bethesda's budget can take it. We're talking much bigger numbers than what Fallout 1 had.

"Dramatic tone for the entire game" reminds me of the Overseer. I suspect his role in the story will be like that.

3. TheVaultKeeper

TheVaultKeeper Deliciously Demented

Apr 22, 2007
    "This car. The President would have bought this car. Why did I keep the car? Ten ghouls right there. Ten ghouls. Ten more ghouls.

This Ranger Pin. Two more ghouls. This is gold. Two more ghouls. He would have given me two for it, at least one. One more ghoul. A ghoul, Marcus. For this.

I could have gotten one more ghoul... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!"

Awesome news!

4. Chertan

Chertan First time out of the vault

Mar 23, 2007
    Patrick Stewart then Liam Neeson. The casting director wouldn't happen to be British?

Don't you mean Ron Pearlman? Or is there something I'm not getting?

5. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    lol Ron Jeremy is a famous actor too...but...not really for his voice nor his acting if you know what I mean.

6. taxacaria

taxacaria It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 18, 2005
    So we'll have a father as a
    [x] narrator
    [x] mentor
    [x] tutor
    [?] questgiver
    [?] companion

Weird. Here comes your new babysitter?

7. King of Creation

King of Creation Vault Fossil

Dec 9, 2003
    I don't really like the idea of Neeson as the PC's father. I mean, unless he has an American accent... This isn't Tamriel afterall.

8. Francis

Francis First time out of the vault

Feb 19, 2006
    I predict you will learn to hate Liam Neeson, not for how he will deliver his lines but for what Bethesda will make him say.

9. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    As long as I can kill him at the start to prevent him from saying anything, I'm fine with that.

10. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, Fallout had Loxley with a British accent.

11. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    Poor Sean Bean, he was a good sport with some awful lines, but I guess that is what he is paid for.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 12, 2006
    Ah, but of course you won't be able to kill him. He features heavily in the storyline, remember?

13. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    i'd make a pun about him dropping unconcious when you try to kill him, but that'd be too depressing...

he was robin hood afterall.

14. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Loxley was amusing, but so stupidly out of place, much like the entire Thieves Guild. They feel like they were added just to give StealthBoy characters more to do

15. Stevie D

Stevie D Vault Cornwall my ansome

Jan 25, 2004
    Oh, god that was dreadful. He forgot how he was supposed to be British the further you got into the dialogue.

16. ferrarimanf355

ferrarimanf355 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 21, 2003
    Well, let me look at this announcement and read between the lines. Neeson's character is named "Player's Father". So, would it be reasonable to assume that the player character creation that's a hallmark of the series is safe and will certainly be in the game? And if Bethseda can afford Neeson, then they certainly have the cash to get Ron Perlman to deliver the "war never changes" monologue to start the game, I think...

17. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    I...don't see how the two relate, in any way

18. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    Ugh. I don't like it. I like Liam Neeson, he is a great actor but they hired an actor like Liam Neeson to add to the "epic" nature of Fallout 3. You can bet your ass he isn't here because he did great character acting in the Schindler's List but because he was an epic father figure in Star Wars.

19. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
    somebody said it well - at least its not picard
    hopefully ron is still in for the intro if not well ... auch ...
    good luck liam

whats with the father thing ?
    father of the nation ?
    father in a mormon sense like they went for in Van Burren ?
    what do you think ?

20. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    More like a Dynamite to the force field...

Anyway, I guess this evens the Star Wars vs Star Trek score in voicing over Fallout :P