What's your ancestry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by zegh8578, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
    Maybe try thinking of a visit there as live roleplaying "Fallout - The South America Mod". With, you know, real bullets and stuff. :D

Not but seriously I know what you mean. Amazing countryside there though with the Andes mountains, jungles, the ocean, etc.

2. BlackbirdX4

BlackbirdX4 Northern Bred ~~~ Your Favorite Bastard

Mar 10, 2016
    Mexican-American and Irish-American halfbreed. I can't even tell you how many goddamn whiteboy jokes I heard growing up around my family (don't know to much of my mom, or her side of the family).

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Seriously. I have no idea what idiot came up with the idea that it should be women wearing skirts and men wearing trousers.
    Too bad I lack the confidence to pull off a kilt.

4. BlackbirdX4

Mar 10, 2016
    The very first guy who wanted an easy and sly way to get a free peep show.

5. mnmn1234

mnmn1234 The House Always Wins

Nov 29, 2015
    I was born in the US, As far i know i'm mostly Irish, Scottish and a bit of english for good measure. I am also related to Winston Churchill somehow.

6. DVL

DVL Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 19, 2015
    Korean American son of immigrants.
    In practice that means both nothing and something. I don't consider cultural heritage or national loyalty very valuable.
    I've also provisionally earned the right to sneer at "white boys" while still being an unthreatening "model minority."
    You'll notice some contradictions. It's a bit complicated.

7. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Born in Australia, with Russian/Ukrainian/Uzbek ancestry.

8. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    That's very wide spread, are those slashes ands or ors? Uzbek and Russian, for example, is quite different!

9. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Slashes. I've got ancestors in all places I have listed apart from Australia.

10. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    Ah, cool

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Considering our equipment, it makes more sense for men to wear skirts than females anyway.

And leave the pants to the women.

12. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I don't care for lineage talk. It just gives people an invalid reason to either be proud of things they had no part in (such as having ancestors who were purebred) or shame for things they didn't do (like having ancestors who were enslaved). In fact I thought part of the founding ideals of the USA were to leave all that heavy baggage behind. Unfortunately Americans wide array of different beliefs/cultures/races only makes them picky about identity whether domestic or foreign.

I'll say mine anyway.

Generally I'm 3/4 European and 1/4 Asian. Specifically I'm 1/4 German and 1/4 Irish from my Father and Spanish/Chinese (Filipinos are the original Asian stock mixed with Spanish blood to some degree) from my Mother.

13. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    It's all about how you handle it. I don't go around being ultra-proud of Peruvians, Spaniards or Norwegians.
    I find it interesting just from a biological point of view - I find fascinating that individuals from such different parts of the world have come together to form me.

I also find interesting the vastly different cultures, that can splice together and form a brand new person, who now hails from both these cultures :D

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Sandman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Born in America with Irish/Celtic ancestry on both sides. I traced it back directly a couple hundred years until my ancestry membership expired now I lost all of my work. Humphrey de Ogle was my oldest ancestor I traced with that surname. That is around the Northumberland area.

http://www.geni.com/people/Humphrey-de-Ogle/291151785240008554

Petition to ban for PoS reference.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  15. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    That's pretty specific, and very far back, a thousand years, well done! :D

16. BlackbirdX4

Mar 10, 2016
    You guys know that ancestry website is like 50% bullshit, right? Jesus Christ, Charlemagne, and the Greek God of the Sea Poseidon came up as "relatives" when my Aunt tried to do it...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Sandman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    You can trace the shit state by state across the country as I did. It is pretty accurate especially with census records and family testimonies, birth and death certificate, and a bit of common sense. Granted there is a degree of error.

Anyway I'm not a fucking idiot I did my research.

18. DVL

DVL Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 19, 2015
    In theory, yes.
    Technically the concept of the melting pot first applied to white Europeans.
    In practice, your parents and other people's perception of you influences your ultimate destiny. (By some degree of deviation or other.) I sometimes forget that I'm not white until I have an "ohhh yeah" moment. I also consider white guilt to be a real phenomenon, though many would dismiss it as bullshit.
    I can write a small book on eating habits alone.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. BlackbirdX4

Mar 10, 2016
    White guilt? Seriously? Anybody that has "guilt" for some shit that happened centuries back is an idiot. Plain and simple.

20. The-Artist-64

The-Artist-64 "Set Phasers to Fun."

Jul 19, 2015
    Hispanic caucasian over here. 8-) Born in the United States and proud of it too. Not as proud to say I was born in southern California!

My lineage is mostly full of Mexicans, Mormons and Mayflower Americans. I went really far back on my mother's side and found out that I apparently have a Swedish ancestor, so that's something.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016