Why does this website dislike Fallout 3 so much?

x7QJG17.png
Even though FNV is supposed to be a post-apocalypse and be much emptier than real life Mojave, I think they would have wanted to make a few more unique looking buildings there, or at least unique looking rubble:lmao:. This is how real life Primm looks like:
cKIhSNY.png
Well, shit. That's even more disappointing. They've done so much to make some of the real-life landmarks appears in-game, but some of the more obvious/well-known didn't make it?

Also, having played Fallout of Nevada, I'm now wondering why Obsidian didn't include Hard Rock Cafe in New Vegas. Trademark/copyright issue?

Well, shit. That's even more disappointing. They've done so much to make some of the real-life landmarks appears in-game, but some of the more obvious/well-known didn't make it?

Also, having played Fallout of Nevada, I'm now wondering why Obsidian didn't include Hard Rock Cafe in New Vegas. Trademark/copyright issue?
Sometimes I wonder if the very simple neon giant guitar that is used in the "King's School of Impersonation" was to be used on (or used as inspiration from) a Hard Rock Cafe building.

I really like these posts, new little "members" that love to suck-off Bethesda as their introduction to this forum. The best part is seeing them buried like this. I was about to have an argument of my own here but you guys practically covered everything up. Also... Where's the OP?

I bet the OP went to other places, like Reddit, saying "you sure are right that NMA are a toxic community". Because well founded counter arguments to why games like Fallout 3 are atrocious is now considered "toxic".

I just noticed that in one of my previous posts here I said Obsidian had 30.000 lines of dialogue to make all the DLCs, but that was a typo (thanks dyscalculia :violent:). They had a limit of only 10.000 lines of dialogue for the whole DLCs.

Sorry about that.

You know, I was going to just come in and say something along the lines of Fallout 3 being sort of boring and nonsensical compared to other games I've played, but after reading the OP, I don't think this is even a serious topic. "More roleplaying elements" than New Vegas? Really?

They subsist off of a cache of pre-war alcohol and huffing their own farts.

Here's a real headscratcher for you all, though - how the fuck does Little Lamplight exist in a world with slavers, Deathclaws and cannibal Super Mutants? LL is some straight-up Disney shit in a world that has no fucking time for Disney shit.

The reason LL exists is that the "society of children" is another post-apocalyptic clique that Bethesda just had to squeeze in. Its on the level of bad YA fiction writing.

It just seems a little bit odd. Fallout 3 is closer to the original games than New Vegas is.
Fallout 3 has more roleplaying elements implemented and is a vastly superior game to New Vegas.
It would waste a lot of my time just to regurgitate the same points as Many A True Nerd did:
And before you ask, I listened to the points of the other side, played both games, and watched another video about FNV vs. FO3 by hbomberguy:
While both games are great, I sincerely believe that Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas.

How to Troll 101

You know, I was going to just come in and say something along the lines of Fallout 3 being sort of boring and nonsensical compared to other games I've played, but after reading the OP, I don't think this is even a serious topic. "More roleplaying elements" than New Vegas? Really?
My guess is this, OP was looking for videos on why his preferred game is better than other people's preferred game and found two videos. Found hbomberguy and ManyATrueNerd and stuck with Many's opinion on it. If OP could articulate these points in his own words, it would probably allow his argument to taken more seriously. I've watched both videos a few times each before. I took both of them seriously, while I can't completely remember every bit of them (because they're long as hell), I will say at points they both definitely have their points.
From what I remember of Many's video is eventually he starts just spouting off nonsense as opposed to his earlier arguments that Fallout 3 actually has a decent start in terms of choices. Which I won't say is wrong, you can deal with the next step to find your dad in plenty of ways. You can do what Moriarty asks of you, you can get it from Gob (I think or at least hints), you can lockpick the dresser for the computer code, or you can hack the computer and find his journal anyway. That sort of thing is where Fallout 3 was doing some things right. But a few beginning area quests (and random other ones sprinkled here and there) having multiple choices doesn't make up for the binary good karma/bad karma choices later on, especially with more major quests.
Even the Pitt, if explored well enough by talking to the right people, gives you a good moral dilemma choice that should make you consider your options outside of whatever the karmic bestowing that will be placed upon you. I'm referring to helping the slaves or helping the slavers cure the disease. These are the strong moments in Fallout 3.
He (ManyATrueNerd) also seems to think that roads existing in New Vegas were handholding and sheltering the player from danger. He thinks roads are handholding. As in, roads are bad map design because roads show players paths to major settlements and trade routes. You know, kinda what roads do anyway? The way he said it from what I remember also just implies you can complete most of vanilla New Vegas quests by staying on roads and being relatively safe because there are more dangerous enemies off the roads. That also just implies that there aren't enemies on the roads, like the first time you leave Nipton or the Legion ambush on the caravan somewhat near Novac, or the other raiders, geckos, ants, and bloatflies you see on the roads. And the roads are also only really meant to be the intended path in the part of the early game/Act I of hunting down Benny and taking the safer route to New Vegas. The off road areas are for higher level players who are starting to get into the world more either by exploring, doing the main questlines and needing to meet the other factions, etc.
Claiming roads are too safe for players to complete the game is nearly like saying the ability to fast travel with no random encounter chances to a safe settlement is too handholding, which I would say is a better argument.

I hate when people join these types of forums just to say something trollish or obviously contrarian to the forum.

Back