A small mindless rant on games, graphics, brainwashed drones, and Fallout.

Tough luck then. There will always be exploits in games, anyone can come up with exploits if they are creative enough with any game mechanics whether it be something as simple as walking around faster by constantly rolling or creating a broken, unbalanced build. No game can ever truly remove exploits from them (since some are tied to game mechanics like Deus Ex 1 or are too fun to be rid off), so you're being unrealistic and irrational then.
True, nor do I expect a 100% exploit free game, as that is impossible. But a good dev should still try, and when exploits are found, patch them.

Now I know you never played the game, only read its wiki page. Or you were so deluded/misguided back then that you misinterpreted everything on purpose so that it can suit your narrative and agenda here.

The game actually goes into detail on ideas like the nature of prophecy, reinterpretation of history by a dominant faction, deconstructions of the Chosen One idea (since the player may simply be someone who fits the superficial aspects of the prophecy and then fulfills them out of necessity rather than some mandate by prophecy like the Dragonborn for instance), differing recollections of history tainted by perspective, inquisitorial religions and more. All that was in an older game you claim to lack depth when compared to the other MQs in the same series so whatever drug you are on, I would like a sample or ten to forget how poorly you misinterpreted the game's MQ.
See, now I know you didn't play Oblivion or Skyrim, because everything you just said applied to both of them.

The whole point of the Knights of the Nine DLC for Oblivion was to point out that being "the chosen one" doesn't mean shit. Pelinal was the god given champion of mankind, shown to Queen Alessia in her dreams, who was connected to Sithis, Akatosh, and Lorkhan, who leveled entire nations with his powers, and led the humans against to many victories against the Hearthland High Elves. And you know what happened to him? He got his ass handed to him and failed in his ultimate goal of killing the high elves. He was literally a player character defined, who failed. And the Knights of the Nine DLC makes it pretty clear you can just as easily fail, because, despite you too being shown to the Emperor in his dreams, being connected to half a dozen deities, and doing all this real cool stuff, it doesn't MEAN anything. Your not destined to win simply because of it.

Not to mention the fact that Mankar Camoran was a dragonborn. He was literally god gifted by Akatosh, and what did he do? Destroyed the empire founded by Akatosh because he wanted to. Being the "chosen one" doesn't mean anything, being a dragonborn doesn't mean anything, your not bound to jack, and can do whatever you want, and even fail like Pelinal and Mankar did.

Similarly, in Skyrim, when you reach Parrthunax, he asks you why you want to learn the dragonrend shout, and then proceeded to rip on every major video game hero cliche
DB: I need to stop Alduin.
PA: Yes. Alduin... zeymah. The elder brother. Gifted, grasping and troublesome as is so often the case with firstborn. But why? Why must you stop Alduin?
DB: I like this world. I don't want it to end.
PA: Pruzah. As good a reason as any. There are many who feel as you do, although not all. Some would say that all things must end, so that the next can come to pass. Perhaps this world is simply the Egg of the next kalpa? Lein vokiin? Would you stop the next world from being born?
DB: The prophecy says that only the Dragonborn can stop him.
PA: True... But qostiid - prophecy - tells what may be, not what should be. Qostiid sahlo aak. Just because you can do a thing, does not always mean you should. Do you have no better reason for acting than destiny? Are you nothing but a plaything of dez... of fate?
DB: What better reason to act than to fulfill my destiny?
PA: If you can see your destiny clearly, your sight is clearer than mine. Dahmaan - remember, Alduin also follows his destiny, as he sees it. But, I bow before your certainty. In a way I envy you. The curse of much knowledge is often indecision.
Paarthurnax calls your ass out for either being a mindless idiot only following destiny/fate, or for attempting to defy the natural order for selfish reasons. He also points that the prophecy doesn't really mean anything, it just says something that CAN happen, not that said thing SHOULD happen, and points out that your belief in destiny is mirrored by Alduin's similar belief in his destiny.

This is further expanded upon in both the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim.
-In Dawnguard, the Vampire Lord Harkon learns of a prophecy that would blot out the sun, and let vampires rule the world. It's obviously bad, and the Dragonborn can stop it, because the prophecies of the Elder scrolls don't mean jack. As Paarth noted before "prophecy - tells what may be, not what should be"
-In Dragonborn we get another Knights of the Nine situation. We find Miraak, the first dragonborn, who was sent to help the nord champions beat Alduin during the dragon war, but who decided to simply just fuck off. He was god-chosen by Akatosh, and then decided no. Just like you can.

What you described about Morrowind wasn't the plot, it was the background meta point that has been the meta point of every TES game Morrowind and since.

What you said is so disingenuous its hilarious.

I may be remembering this wrong as it's been a while since I've played Fallout 2, but I thought Navarro didn't show up on the map until you talk to Matt in San Francisco.
There is no way for someone to know where Navarro is, if they played the game for the first time, without ever hearing about it. Geting to the APA by sheer coinsidence, would take a significant amount of luck. Literaly like winning the lottery. The developers, as far as I know, but don't quote me on that, said that it was an oversight on their part, and you can see that when you get to San Fricso, the Brotherhood welcomes you emidiately as like they knew you from the begining, which doesn't make any sense. So yeah, it probably wasn't meant to be a location where the player can get access on lvl1. However, as already a lot of people pointed out, it was literaly impossible for a player to find out about it on his first run. So it's really not a big deal.

However, I feel this discussion has more to do with this, a balanced gameplay vs. diverse gameplay.
See this:

Seriously, the guy's a genious.

What you described about Morrowind wasn't the plot, it was the background meta point that has been the meta point of every TES game Morrowind and since.

What you said is so disingenuous its hilarious.
How funny... You're continuing your own misguided narrative to suit your agenda. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

The background meta point that is part of the main quest of Morrowind and tied to it.

Every conversation with MQ NPCs brings up these ideas and notions in the MQ while playing with them. Some quests even play with the idea (Divayth Fyr's cure for Corpus working on you but not others; botched prototype or divine protection? etc.) They are an intrinsic part of the MQ's interpretation even after the game. Recall all the books from NPCs and conversations with NPCs. They do bring forth these ideas and notions while allowing the player to develop their own interpretations on the Main Quest.

It's why I say Morrowind has depth: it has these ideas and actually allows introspective thinking about it for player. Which is unfortunate that later Elder Scrolls games limit them or are less focused on writing (and some quests in those later games do have some good ideas, just not as well developed).

Sad to see that every other Elder Scrolls games have not advanced past playing with Morrowind's points.

The whole point of the Knights of the Nine DLC for Oblivion was to point out that being "the chosen one" doesn't mean shit. Pelinal was the god given champion of mankind, shown to Queen Alessia in her dreams, who was connected to Sithis, Akatosh, and Lorkhan, who leveled entire nations with his powers, and led the humans against to many victories against the Hearthland High Elves. And you know what happened to him? He got his ass handed to him and failed in his ultimate goal of killing the high elves. He was literally a player character defined, who failed. And the Knights of the Nine DLC makes it pretty clear you can just as easily fail, because, despite you too being shown to the Emperor in his dreams, being connected to half a dozen deities, and doing all this real cool stuff, it doesn't MEAN anything. Your not destined to win simply because of it.
Not quite. Nothing really meta there unless you force yourself to look deeper into it (like you seem to have).

The point of the Prophet mocking you on being a hero of sorts is to make you follow a quest of purification. To purify yourself whether you were famous or infamous. Plus if you were capable of bragging, it does show him that your heart is still impure and filled with hubris over your deeds. Traits ill-suited for a Lord Crusader.

EDIT: I am aware that you can have zero infamy which allows you to bypass the pilgrimage and go straight for a shrine to start the quest but at the point KoTN starts, the player usually has some infamy.

Paarthurnax calls your ass out for either being a mindless idiot only following destiny/fate, or for attempting to defy the natural order for selfish reasons. He also points that the prophecy doesn't really mean anything, it just says something that CAN happen, not that said thing SHOULD happen, and points out that your belief in destiny is mirrored by Alduin's similar belief in his destiny.
-In Dawnguard, the Vampire Lord Harkon learns of a prophecy that would blot out the sun, and let vampires rule the world. It's obviously bad, and the Dragonborn can stop it, because the prophecies of the Elder scrolls don't mean jack. As Paarth noted before "prophecy - tells what may be, not what should be"
-In Dragonborn we get another Knights of the Nine situation. We find Miraak, the first dragonborn, who was sent to help the nord champions beat Alduin during the dragon war, but who decided to simply just fuck off. He was god-chosen by Akatosh, and then decided no. Just like you can.
Nice to see years later that future Elder Scrolls games have not developed past the ideas of Morrowind then. Years after Morrowind (and I have played Oblivion/Skyrim to completion multiple times so your point on me not playing them barely qualifies as a point) and the story is still stuck playing with that idea of prophecy when there are other ideas and notions to explore and develop in a medieval fantasy world with magic that Morrowind helped bring to life (prior to that, the game was just a typical fantasy world but Morrowind brought character and complexity to it until Oblivion retconned over said character and complexity).

Last edited:
How funny... You're continuing your own misguided narrative to suit your agenda. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.
Throwing around buzzwords isn't an argument.
The background meta point that is part of the main quest of Morrowind and tied to it.
What you just described is exactly why Morrowind had bad writing. Its a game thats totally unable to weave its point into the main quest to where it can make it without even mentioning it directly, so it has to spoonfeed you all the answers because otherwise otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Good narratives makes a point, bad narratives tell a point.
Not quite. Nothing really meta there unless you force yourself to look deeper into it (like you seem to have).
You seemed to have missed the point of Oblivion entirely.

Go read about Pelinal's life, and then compare it to Oblivion's MQ
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Song_of_Pelinal
>Pelinal was shown to Alesisa in visions
>The Emperor says he saw you in his dreams
>Pelinal emerged into the world, already killing things
>The player just shows up in the prison cell, killing things basically right from the get go
>Pelinal delivers the Amulet of Kings to Alessia
>The player delivers the amulet of Kings to Martin
>Pelinal rode up the enemy fortresses, and challenged their leaders
>The player rides into oblivion gates, and faces the armies of Dagon
>Queen Alessia led the armies of men, with Pelinal as her champion, against the Ayleids(The Hearthland High Elves), and the armies of Daedra they had on their side
>Emperor Martin leads the armies of men, with you as his champion, against Mankar(a high elf) and the armies of Daedra he has on his side
>At the end of the Alessian slave war, Alessia sacrificed her soul to the amulet of kings, creating the dragonfires that banished the daedra, and free humanity
>At the end of Oblivion, Martin sacrifices his soul into the Amulet of Kings, becoming an avatar of akatosh, who banished the Daedra, saving humanity.

The whole point of Oblivion's MQ was that is was a recreation of the Alessian slave war with Martin as Alessia, you as Pelinal, Mankar as the Ayleids, and Dagon representing the deadra. Just like Morrowind's MQ was a recreation of the Battle of Red Mountain, and skyrim's MQ is a recreation of Tiber Septim's rise to power as told in the Arcturian Heresy.

When the prophet tells you in Knight of the Nine that you are Pelinal reborn, he isn't being metaphorical.
Nice to see years later that future Elder Scrolls games have not developed past the ideas of Morrowind then. Years after Morrowind (and I have played Oblivion/Skyrim to completion multiple times so your point on me not playing them barely qualifies as a point) and the story is still stuck playing with that idea of prophecy when there are other ideas and notions to explore and develop in a medieval fantasy world with magic that Morrowind helped bring to life (prior to that, the game was just a typical fantasy world but Morrowind brought character and complexity to it until Oblivion retconned over said character and complexity).
Actually it has progressed them.

A major background thing in Morrowind was the idea of the towers, the constructs built by the gods and early elven races, that hold up the world. Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, have each shown the fall of one of the towers, and its building up to the final war between the gods.

When you look at it, all the main stories of the Elder scrolls games on the first glance are shit.
Morrowind is an adventure where you're a chosen one (this is deconstructed directly through dialogue in the game) trying to kill a weird god-guy living in a mountain who's sending out disease.
Oblivion is an adventure where you're a chosen one who finds a chosen one to kill a daemon.
Skyrim is an adventure where you're a chosen one killing dragons who want to eat the world.

Throwing around buzzwords isn't an argument.
Well, you're throwing around as much buzzwords here but you don't see me complaining until now.

What you just described is exactly why Morrowind had bad writing. Its a game thats totally unable to weave its point into the main quest to where it can make it without even mentioning it directly, so it has to spoonfeed you all the answers because otherwise otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Good narratives makes a point, bad narratives tell a point.
Which makes Skyrim and Fallout 4 bad narratives as well by that definition. But go on. I want to see you snowball your points and arguments further.

Is this going under the show, don't tell argument for narratives? Because some games make the telling work even with minimal showing.

Morrowind had to make do with tech limitations & time constraints to tell their story and later on, Bethesda even noted that they planned for more impacts and effects for the MQ to have on the region, something only Oblivion came close to replicating with the Oblivion gates (though no sieges though sadly unlike the other regions).

It directly deconstructs those ideas a lot better through weaving it in via dialogue and expository notes for the player's perusal. In fact, the relatively weak dialogue interface is probably why I can pick up these themes and ideas a lot better than I did with Skyrim and Oblivion because it is directly woven into the main quest's dialogue and its effects are apparent in some cases (like certain quests and what not).

You seemed to have missed the point of Oblivion entirely.

Go read about Pelinal's life, and then compare it to Oblivion's MQ
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Song_of_Pelinal
>Pelinal was shown to Alesisa in visions
>The Emperor says he saw you in his dreams
>Pelinal emerged into the world, already killing things
>The player just shows up in the prison cell, killing things basically right from the get go
>Pelinal delivers the Amulet of Kings to Alessia
>The player delivers the amulet of Kings to Martin
>Pelinal rode up the enemy fortresses, and challenged their leaders
>The player rides into oblivion gates, and faces the armies of Dagon
>Queen Alessia led the armies of men, with Pelinal as her champion, against the Ayleids(The Hearthland High Elves), and the armies of Daedra they had on their side
>Emperor Martin leads the armies of men, with you as his champion, against Mankar(a high elf) and the armies of Daedra he has on his side
>At the end of the Alessian slave war, Alessia sacrificed her soul to the amulet of kings, creating the dragonfires that banished the daedra, and free humanity
>At the end of Oblivion, Martin sacrifices his soul into the Amulet of Kings, becoming an avatar of akatosh, who banished the Daedra, saving humanity.

The whole point of Oblivion's MQ was that is was a recreation of the Alessian slave war with Martin as Alessia, you as Pelinal, Mankar as the Ayleids, and Dagon representing the deadra. Just like Morrowind's MQ was a recreation of the Battle of Red Mountain, and skyrim's MQ is a recreation of Tiber Septim's rise to power as told in the Arcturian Heresy.

When the prophet tells you in Knight of the Nine that you are Pelinal reborn, he isn't being metaphorical.
No, I don't think I have misread Oblivion. I'm not trying to read deeper into the game because such an idea is not that well enforced and woven in. Plus weren't those only added in via DLC rather than actually being in the base game?
So, no. That is not a good story woven in, it's a story added in as an afterthought.

Nice to see that the writers understand parallel stories at least though since it was added in after vanilla game, credit is diminished.

A major background thing in Morrowind was the idea of the towers, the constructs built by the gods and early elven races, that hold up the world. Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, have each shown the fall of one of the towers, and its building up to the final war between the gods.
Source?

Are you one of those lore nutcases that over-interprets stuff in these games? Plus Red Mountain has not been completely destroyed, it's still visible from Solstheim and it's still spewing ash into the skies.

Whatever tower metaphor you're playing up falls flat here and is probably not going to be picked up by a future Elder Scrolls game.

When you look at it, all the main stories of the Elder scrolls games on the first glance are shit.
Morrowind is an adventure where you're a chosen one (this is deconstructed directly through dialogue in the game) to kill a weird god-guy living in a mountain who's sending out disease.
Oblivion is an adventure where you're a chosen one who finds a chosen one to kill a daemon.
Skyrim is an adventure where you're a chosen one killing dragons who want to eat the world.
That I can agree. The Wikipedia articles for explaining the plot always leaves much to be desired.

Arena and Daggerfall as well now that I think about it.

Well, you're throwing around as much buzzwords here but you don't see me complaining until now.
Such as?
Which makes Skyrim and Fallout 4 bad narratives as well by that definition.
Given that neither of them do what Morrowind did, no.
No, I don't think I have misread Oblivion. I'm not trying to read deeper into the game because such an idea is not that well enforced and woven in. Plus weren't those only added in via DLC rather than actually being in the base game?
Pelinal actually existed as far back as Daggerfall actually.

How is the entire MQ being a direct replication of Pelinal's life not well enforced or woven in? Like, that is literally as enforced and woven in as you can get justshort of having an NPC outright point everything out.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec
'Look at the majesty sideways and all you see is the Tower, which our ancestors made idols from. Look at its center and all you see is the begotten hole, second serpent, womb-ready for the Right Reaching, exact and without enchantment.'

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Book_of_the_Dragonborn
When the Brass Tower walks and Time is reshaped
When the thrice-blessed fail and the Red Tower trembles
When the Dragonborn Ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls
When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding
The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.

Which is taking Kirkbrides Nu-Mantia Intercepts, and putting the basic parts of it in-game.
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/nu-mantia-intercept

Also, the towers can fall if their stone is removed. The stone of Red Mountain was the Heart of Lorkhan. Just like the stone of White-Gold was the soul gem on the Amulet of Kings, which Martin destroyed.

The last tower standing at this point is the Ur-Tower, that rests on an island between Highrock and Hammerfell. And TES 6 is strongly hinted to be set in Hammerfell.
-Orchalic tower fell when the Redguards sunk Yokuda
-Brass Tower, The Numidium, was destroyed by the Underking at the end of Daggerfall
-Red Tower was knocked offline when the Nerevarine freed the heart
-The mythic dawn cult tampered with Green-Sap, the Bosmer walking tree city, shortly before Oblivion
-The armies of Dagon destroyed Crystal Tower in the Summerset Isles during the Oblivion crisis
-Martin deactivated White-Gold when he destroyed the amulet of kings

Last edited:
being "the chosen one" doesn't mean shit
Which is why getting power armor in Fallout 2 right at the start of the game is infamous for making 99% of the game a cake walk, and why the devs at Obsidian added bleedthrough right?
Something like what I'm doing except I'm not wasting my time to go into details on my points in some peculiar attempt to justify them. I have better things to do after all.

How is the entire MQ being a direct replication of Pelinal's life not well enforced or woven in? Like, that is literally as enforced and woven in as you can get justshort of having an NPC outright point everything out.
The fact that the book telling said story in base Oblivion only gets inserted in after the expansion is installed.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec
'Look at the majesty sideways and all you see is the Tower, which our ancestors made idols from. Look at its center and all you see is the begotten hole, second serpent, womb-ready for the Right Reaching, exact and without enchantment.'

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Book_of_the_Dragonborn
When the Brass Tower walks and Time is reshaped
When the thrice-blessed fail and the Red Tower trembles
When the Dragonborn Ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls
When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding
The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.

Which is taking Kirkbrides Nu-Mantia Intercepts, and putting the basic parts of it in-game.
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/nu-mantia-intercept

Also, the towers can fall if their stone is removed. The stone of Red Mountain was the Heart of Lorkhan. Just like the stone of White-Gold was the soul gem on the Amulet of Kings, which Martin destroyed.

The last tower standing at this point is the Ur-Tower, that rests on an island between Highrock and Hammerfell. And TES 6 is strongly hinted to be set in Hammerfell.
-Orchalic tower fell when the Redguards sunk Yokuda
-Brass Tower, The Numidium, was destroyed by the Underking at the end of Daggerfall
-Red Tower was knocked offline when the Nerevarine freed the heart
-The mythic dawn cult tampered with Green-Sap, the Bosmer walking tree city, shortly before Oblivion
-The armies of Dagon destroyed Crystal Tower in the Summerset Isles during the Oblivion crisis
-Martin deactivated White-Gold when he destroyed the amulet of kings
Good for you picking all that up and reading too deep into the lore. You must be one of those lore fanatics that frequents (and possibly spams) certain respectable subreddits (I'm not a huge Elder Scrolls fan so excuse me for not reading into all that).

Now could you e-mail Bethesda and let them know to use that rather than let them forget about all that to make their games more casual and dumbed down? Elder Scrolls is their baby so they do need to remember to feed it with proper meals and lore.

EDIT: Well, that's all from me on this. Thanks for helping me pad out my posting quota here. Have fun being the very picture of brainwashed drones that the OP's thread mentions.

What insanity
>Not putting details into what you said or explaining things is a good thing apparently
>Ignoring the fact that I pointed out Pelinal existed as far back as Daggerfall
>Picking up on things in lore that you didn't is now reading too deep into it
>Straw mans via "you must be from reddit!"

Also Bethesda does use that stuff, every game, they have since Morrowind.

And I hate reddit and its abominable formatting.

For fucks sake, you can't even get the APA without...

A: Knowledge how to get it in the first place (Consider that this needed word of mouth, the internet, a book, or HAVING PLAYED THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE)

And

B: Save scumming. You're going to fucking get murdered in a random event, its going to happen. You also need to savescum the speech checks.

What insanity
>Not putting details into what you said or explaining things is a good thing apparently
>Ignoring the fact that I pointed out Pelinal existed as far back as Daggerfall
>Picking up on things in lore that you didn't is now reading too deep into it
>Straw mans via "you must be from reddit!"

Also Bethesda does use that stuff, every game, they have since Morrowind.

And I hate reddit and its abominable formatting.
What a disingenuous way to sum up these posts.

I did not say you were from Reddit, I said, presume. Plus I meant that I don't really want to go into detail here since it would take up too much of my time, and for clarification's sake, that it should be its own topic.

Pelinal may have existed back in Daggerfall but he only really got fleshed out in KoTN. At the very least, he was background lore (like much of the stuff you and many who follow Elder Scrolls lore (I don't keep us as much as I used to) picked up from). Many official sources don't even mention how he was mentioned in Daggerfall so I'm not sure where you pulled that claim from.

And yes, I'm more concerned about picking up lore and in-game themes from actually playing the games. Funny how that works.

Anyways, this is way off-topic at this point so I'd suggest you drop it and continue straw-manning FO4 like the good little FO4 troll you come across as.

As an aside, your line of reasoning is reminding a little too much of Someguy37... By any chance, are you an alt of Someguy, Greed?

What a disingenuous way to sum up these posts.
I did not say you were from Reddit, I said, presume.
Plus I meant that I don't really want to go into detail here since it would take up too much of my time, and for clarification's sake, that it should be its own topic.
Pelinal may have existed back in Daggerfall but he only really got fleshed out in KoTN.
And yes, I'm more concerned about picking up lore and in-game themes from actually playing the games.
Anyways, this is way off-topic at this point so I'd suggest you drop it and continue straw-manning FO4 like the good little FO4 troll you come across as.
As an aside, your line of reasoning is reminding a little too much of Someguy37... By any chance, are you an alt of Someguy, Greed?
How?
Which is implying that I am. And would be taken as such by everyone I know.
Then why bother responding in the first place? Like, your refusal to actually bother explaining your points is why I am seemingly not understanding what you are saying.
True.
And you can get all of this from playing the game. The outside stuff just makes it easier to understand.
Real mature.
No. I don't believe in alting. I don't really see why someone would do it.

Then why bother responding in the first place? Like, your refusal to actually bother explaining your points is why I am seemingly not understanding what you are saying.
True.
And you can get all of this from playing the game. The outside stuff just makes it easier to understand.
Real mature.
So to sum up, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and anyone who wants to remark and not discuss a topic is automatically in the wrong even though all they are doing is expressing an opinion and participating in a discussion in a minimal way?
Also, one needs to pick up on every little tidbit to 'get' the games when all a game needs is to present a basic idea well before letting the outside stuff supplement it?
I'll be sure to remember to forget these rules so that I can remember them.

Real mature.
No. I don't believe in alting. I don't really see why someone would do it.
That's what someone who makes an alt would say! But honestly, I couldn't care less if you're an alt or some genuine troll with better articulation of sentences. You'll probably be gone after a while and be replaced by another less articulate troll.

P.S:
Then you have some very judgmental acquaintances then.

So to sum up, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and anyone who wants to remark and not discuss a topic is automatically in the wrong even though all they are doing is expressing an opinion and participating in a discussion in a minimal way?
No..... why would you even think that?

Where did you get "you're wrong" from "if you aren't going to fully discuss something, why bother remarking on it"?

While ignoring Greed's need for attention, probably for good this time:

Which was...?

Azura/tribal medicine women (first ashland tribe you meet in the mainquest) even directly talk about how you're not necessarily the chosen one, and that there were others, difference being... they failed. It's directly talked about in the game.
Are you referring to these dialogue points by Nibani Maesa (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Nibani_Maesa) from the Urshilaku Ashlanders?
aspect and uncertain parents: "If what you say is true, you are indeed born on a certain day of uncertain parents. This is part of the prophecy. But many have the same birthday, and many are not sure of their parents. It is interesting. But it does not make you the Nerevarine."
pass the test: "You are not the Nerevarine. You are one who may become the Nerevarine. It is a puzzle, and a hard one. But you have found some of the pieces, and you may find more. Do you choose to be the Nerevarine? Then seek the lost prophecies among the Dissident priests of the Temple. Find the lost prophecies, bring them to me, and I will be your guide. And take these copies of the Stranger and the Seven Visions. Now. I have told you all I know. Go. Think on what I've told you. And do what must be done."

Last edited:
Yes, that and of Azura's. Oh, and Dagoth Ur's dialogue (for other topics).
I think it's less to do with Azura (since she mostly speaks in cutscenes that reference the idea, not discuss them). With Dagoth Ur, IIRC Dagoth Ur wants to believe that the PC opposes him because out of their own volition rather than some destiny mandate. Even the player can even express how they are fulfilling the terms prophecy simply of their own volition (and not because of divine mandate or destiny) to which Dagoth Ur responds in the most positive manner compared to the other options IIRC.

Yeah I feel to see how it doesn't explain it's story... it does, through dialogue, books and... thinking... :shock:
Just ignore Greed and let it simmer in its bubble of ignorance & over-analysis.

I know (and acknowledge) that it raises decent points every now and then but its need to over-compensate to defend its beloved games (like nitpicking other games to make its own beloved games look good while dismissing points by others) seems makes it hard to take it seriously.

Back